2022-2023 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Looks like we’re not the only having attendance issues.

Selling souls to media money has brutalized the in arena fan experience. I hate the Badgers fans but who can blame them for staying away from a 6:00 start? That’s true almost everywhere. Between ignoring desires of long time paying customers and a new generation far less interested, you get miserably empty arenas. And I’m sure most departments don’t care as long as media contract money keeps flowing.

Either Ben will get us there next year or Craig Smith will by 2025.
Ben should have a chance to have his high school recruits as juniors & sophomores. That's when Clem started doing well. Next year there's a chance...but I'd give him until the year-after-next.

It is snowing, it is finals week and on paper the opponent is weak.

Selling souls to media money has brutalized the in arena fan experience. I hate the Badgers fans but who can blame them for staying away from a 6:00 start? That’s true almost everywhere. Between ignoring desires of long time paying customers and a new generation far less interested, you get miserably empty arenas. And I’m sure most departments don’t care as long as media contract money keeps flowing.

Why does Wisconsin get excuses made for their low attendance...but Ben gets all the blame for ours?

Why does Wisconsin get excuses made for their low attendance...but Ben gets all the blame for ours?
Who said anything about our low attendance in this context? Keep your arguments straight. If you care, I would argue that the early starts are just as bad here as anywhere else.

Who said anything about our low attendance in this context? Keep your arguments straight. If you care, I would argue that the early starts are just as bad here as anywhere else.
Several on here have put our low attendance in this context. This is the first time that weather and start-times have been mentioned.

Northwestern 83 DePaul 45. Those fancy uniforms might get used again…

If there is a better indicator of where our team is....I'm not sure what that would be. I know results aren't linear, but the same team that worked us by 20 at our place just got beat by 38 to Northwestern!?!? Northwestern!

Top Bottom