2022-2023 College Basketball Other Games Thread

How many games do you honestly see us winning in the B1G?
Not many, if at all. I am wondering who this year's Joey King will be.
But, my judgment of these kids is not defined by wins and losses. I appreciated the Gopher Illustrated review of the Michigan game. It's a fair evaluation. Check it out

Not many, if at all. I am wondering who this year's Joey King will be.
But, my judgment of these kids is not defined by wins and losses. I appreciated the Gopher Illustrated review of the Michigan game. It's a fair evaluation. Check it out
So you agree with me, strange comment when you agreed with what I was saying.

So you agree with me, strange comment when you agreed with what I was saying.
You seem to be looking for someone to whine and pout with you.
I am realistic about our wins v losses, but that isn't my measurement of success, especially when the team is playing so many underclassmen. I really think it would be best for your mental health if you picked a top 10 team and then spent this season cheering for them since winning is so important to you.

I am realistic about our wins v losses, but that isn't my measurement of success, especially when the team is playing so many underclassmen. I really think it would be best for your mental health if you picked a top 10 team and then spent this season cheering for them since winning is so important to you.
I know your suggestion was directed to gopher teeth but I Actually follow a few winning teams because I enjoy good college hoops.

I know your suggestion was directed to gopher teeth but I Actually follow a few winning teams because I enjoy good college hoops.
So do I. Watching good basketball, especially when there are two good teams going at it, is great. The Gophers aren't one of those teams and no matter how much one whines about it, the whining won't make them better. All we as fans can do is let Ben and coaches do their job. If we can't take the bad play this year, then don't watch. Look at post-game footage on the ESPN app and save yourself some stress.

There was no whining, just stating facts, and analysis from what I have seen. Your analysis gets you to the same result. There was a post where they thought there were gimme games for Minnesota in conference, that is delusional, we are the gimme game, again which you agree with. I don’t need people to agree with me, that doesn’t make me right or wrong, but you seem bothered if I don’t think losing is great for a program. It’s not the losing that bothers me it’s the way they are losing that bothers me.

There was no whining, just stating facts, and analysis from what I have seen. Your analysis gets you to the same result. There was a post where they thought there were gimme games for Minnesota in conference, that is delusional, we are the gimme game, again which you agree with. I don’t need people to agree with me, that doesn’t make me right or wrong, but you seem bothered if I don’t think losing is great for a program. It’s not the losing that bothers me it’s the way they are losing that bothers me.
It bothers you that kids whose main experience before this year was AAU basketball where defense is optional are now getting themselves slapped around by teams who have college experience and man muscles? GT, that's an unfair evaluation for these kids. Watch to see progress, not victory. It will help you endure the many losses that will happen this year.
I am watching this season to see the progression from early season to the B1G tournament. By the tournament, I am hoping the Gophers grow and become a tough out. If they get blown out on Wednesday, I will be disappointed. But, until then, I am just looking for progress. Winning or losing is not a major concern for me this year. Kick back and have a drink with me. It will be alright.

The only disappointing thing for me is the poor defense. I could not imagine any way this staff could have a team so poor defensively.
Exactly, this is why they are losing to better competition. If they had any semblance of a defense they would at least be making the losses competitive.

It bothers you that kids whose main experience before this year was AAU basketball where defense is optional are now getting themselves slapped around by teams who have college experience and man muscles? GT, that's an unfair evaluation for these kids. Watch to see progress, not victory. It will help you endure the many losses that will happen this year.
I am watching this season to see the progression from early season to the B1G tournament. By the tournament, I am hoping the Gophers grow and become a tough out. If they get blown out on Wednesday, I will be disappointed. But, until then, I am just looking for progress. Winning or losing is not a major concern for me this year. Kick back and have a drink with me. It will be alright.
Common theme: those telling others to chill also recommend drinking :unsure:

Exactly, this is why they are losing to better competition. If they had any semblance of a defense they would at least be making the losses competitive.
They play decent defense IMO. Michigan made a bunch of contested shots. They started to miss them later in the game and that's why they scored 10 points the last 10 minutes or so. Offense is a way bigger issue and it has to do with freshman doing a bunch of dumb things. JOJ and Henley are black holes and shouldn't be playing more than 5 minutes a game.

Last edited:

Illinois being exposed as the biggest frauds in the big ten. About to have the same record as the Gophers after 2 games. Disgusting.

They play decent defense IMO. Michigan made a bunch of contested shots. They started to miss them later in the game and that's why they scored 10 points the last 10 minutes or so. Offense is a way bigger issue and it has to do with freshman doing a bunch of dumb things. JOJ and Henley are black holes and shouldn't be playing more than 5 minutes a game.
90 pts is 90 pts and much from uncontested shots. Once you let them get in rhythm the basket starts looking much bigger. We should be able to win games scoring 75 pts.

Florida State (1-9) about to get their second win of the season against Louisville (0-8)

0_o

Refs just screwed Nebraska on a call in OT. Should have been a Purdue turnover. Nebraska only down 1 when the call was made with time running out.

Refs just screwed Nebraska on a call in OT. Should have been a Purdue turnover. Nebraska only down 1 when the call was made with time running out.
Leave it to the refs to break a Good game.

I prefer my drinks be chilled! 😏
Performed a temperature experiment comparing stirred vs shaken martini. Shaken resulted in a much colder drink. And no, it didn’t bruise the gin. 🤫

“This is an excellent martini — sort of tastes like it isn't there at all, just a cold cloud.” ~ Herman Wouk ~

90 pts is 90 pts and much from uncontested shots. Once you let them get in rhythm the basket starts looking much bigger. We should be able to win games scoring 75 pts.
Disagree some were open but the vast majority were contested. Bigger issue is they rarely score enough to win.

I will argue the fact that they were contested, may not have been wide open but they didn't have to work for their shots, got the shots they wanted, were comfortable and in rhythm most of the time. About the only time that didn't seem to be the case was the last five minutes of the first half, they actually got some stops when it was still a game.

They play decent defense IMO.
No
Michigan made a bunch of contested shots. They started to miss them later in the game and that's why they scored 10 points the last 10 minutes or so. Offense is a way bigger issue and it has to do with freshman doing a bunch of dumb things. JOJ and Henley are black holes and shouldn't be playing more than 5 minutes a game.
If you know you are challenged offensively as we are- then you better find a way to pace the game to 60 points. That requires a whole lot better defense than we are playing.

Giving up 90 points isn't decent.

BYU in a major meltdown against Creighton, blowing a 9 point lead in last two minutes.

Then make a nice play at the basket to pull it out.

Top Bottom