2022-20223 College Football Head Coach Fired/Hired Thread

Is Big 12 better than ACC? Also will Louisville try for Brohm at this point? Gotta think it's now or never.
yup

I also think this has a little to do with satterfield not liking the way it’s going at Louisville
Less about which program is better (they might be pretty comparable actually) but Satterfield now has 4 years to build instead of next year being a must win year

And Fleck got roasted upon arrival for mentioning changing the culture...

Some people will get their undies in a bunch no matter what Deon says, so might as well just tell it like it is.
PJ also told the players that he chose them…

Deon is saying the opposite.

I may be in the minority here, but this has disaster written all over it. There will be a parting of ways in three years. Always though Deion was a clown...just my opinion. PAC-12 isn't the SWAC, all the teams have 4 and 5 Stars. There are no gimme games.
Agree with this.
Even if you pull 3-4 5 stars it’s going to take 3-4 years to have comparable talent to the top of that conference.

I don’t know it’ll crash and burn but we will definitely learn if he is a good football coach.

GH members who don't accept mediocrity love this move. After inheriting a 1-11 team, he took UNT to 6 bowl games, posted two 9-win seasons, and was 2nd in the conference this year. Apparently he was told he needed to win 8 games this year, but he only won 7...

The McMurphy tweet is pure gold.

The transfer portal changed things. Deon is looking to pull a Mel Tucker at Colorado, but from a much lower base.
Interesting you say this, because Mel Tucker couldn't pull a Mel Tucker at Colorado! :cool:

Wonder if it was purely money, or if he knew what CU is and got out while he could? Would hope Prime at least gave him a call to talk about the job and situation there.

Also, sorry to have to say it like this and I mean zero offense, but it is going to be quite a culture shock going from the deepest of the deep south, poor Mississippi, to wealthy mountain Subaru Boulder, Colorado for some of these kids that he's bringing up and will try to keep recruiting.

Hope it all works out.

Also, sorry to have to say it like this and I mean zero offense, but it is going to be quite a culture shock going from the deepest of the deep south, poor Mississippi, to wealthy mountain Subaru Boulder, Colorado for some of these kids that he's bringing up and will try to keep recruiting.

Hope it all works out.

Colorado is definitely different from Mississippi, a temporary stop, though also different from his Florida roots.

I'm guessing Deon is channeling the swagger Colorado used to have when he was coming of age at FSU and then in the NFL in the early 1990s. I have no idea how Colorado was able to land championship caliber players 30 years ago, but he must be hoping he can capture some of that glory.

Colorado is definitely different from Mississippi, a temporary stop, though also different from his Florida roots.

I'm guessing Deon is channeling the swagger Colorado used to have when he was coming of age at FSU and then in the NFL in the early 1990s. I have no idea how Colorado was able to land championship caliber players 30 years ago, but he must be hoping he can capture some of that glory.
Yeah.

Kordell Stewart went there from New Orleans area, Michael Westbrook from Detroit.

No idea how McCartney got them there. Probably not squeaky clean, but I have no info.

Hope it all works out.
Watch the 30 for 30, Gospel According to Bill

Zimmer is known for working well with the younger generation so it could really work well.
Zimmers nfc championship game vs the eagles tells me you should run RPO against the buffs Next year

Some forget that Colorado was in the PAC12 Title game just 6 years ago and was a national power in the 90's.
Mac's 2016 season was the only season in the last 20 seasons (including 2022) that they finished the year ranked. That was an odd fluke that for some reason could not be sustained.

Agree 100% that McCartney had a fantastic run over 1989-1994 in the Big 8. Neuheisel took over and had two more very good years, the first in the Big 8 and the second in the new Big 12. A lull for a few years, then Barnett had two good years in 2001 and 02. Since then ... just that one year with Mac.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Colorado_Buffaloes_football_seasons

yup

I also think this has a little to do with satterfield not liking the way it’s going at Louisville
Less about which program is better (they might be pretty comparable actually) but Satterfield now has 4 years to build instead of next year being a must win year
Interesting way to achieve job security

Interesting way to achieve job security
Yeah.
Might be a good reason for Brohm to head to Louisville. Because if you talked to Purdue fans nov 6 a lot would say Brohm would never get it done.

Top Bottom