2022-20223 College Football Head Coach Fired/Hired Thread

Wonder who will be next? Harsin (Auburn)? Collins (GT) ?

No surprise on Herm. That had disaster written all over it from the word go. While 26-20 is not disastrous…the current state of the program is and the aftermath certainly looks like it could be.

Georgia tech should try to get coastal Carolina coach:

GT had success with the triple
Why not that goofy stuff coastal runs

Actually, when Collins came on there was some comparison around the "culture change" talk both he and PJ embraced when coming aboard.

I don't think he will show up on any GT lists for this one.

I think the biggest issue there is Collins' recruiting ability. I've been watching since our match-up in 2018 when Coach Johnson was on the way out and PJ has just brought in higher quality players for us, period, especially the lines on both sides of the ball. Add a strong dose of coaching up for those who do come here and we've had our /\/\/\/ improvement over time that is not happening at Tech.

I'd still like to see them in a super-conference with the B1G given the Atlanta market and the heart of SEC country. Don't see that happening although apparently in 2012 or so (I think) there was an offer for GT to join the Big 10. Many GT fans wish that had happened then. Unlike Nebbie who is in the B1G, GT is an AAU institution with significant research commitments.

Both posters above who mentioned Sanders and Chadwell are spot on. Tech should do back flips if they could get either of them. Each would be fantastic.

Apparently GT's cutting the cord with the AD too. Pivotal program moment it seems.
Tech should hand Deion Sanders a blank check and tell him to write it for what he wants. Can you imagine Sanders in Atlanta?!?! He’d be the one coach I can think of that Tech could hire who might could actually get some Georgia kids to go to tech rather than Athens. I also think it is smart for Tech to get out in front of Auburn. While Auburn can probably pay more, I’d argue it would be easier to win at Tech in the ACC than Auburn. Academic standards are higher yes, but the right coach at Tech could get competitive quickly.

Actually, when Collins came on there was some comparison around the "culture change" talk both he and PJ embraced when coming aboard.

I don't think he will show up on any GT lists for this one.

I think the biggest issue there is Collins' recruiting ability. I've been watching since our match-up in 2018 when Coach Johnson was on the way out and PJ has just brought in higher quality players for us, period, especially the lines on both sides of the ball. Add a strong dose of coaching up for those who do come here and we've had our /\/\/\/ improvement over time that is not happening at Tech.

I'd still like to see them in a super-conference with the B1G given the Atlanta market and the heart of SEC country. Don't see that happening although apparently in 2012 or so (I think) there was an offer for GT to join the Big 10. Many GT fans wish that had happened then. Unlike Nebbie who is in the B1G, GT is an AAU institution with significant research commitments.
GIT is a difficult school to get into for starters, high academic standards. It's going to be a difficult build. People are mentioning Deion Sanders, but that is not the right fit. Obviously the last "hype" guy didnt work for them. Despite being in ATL, 5 Stars arent looking to go there, most- not all are going to go where the academics are easier sledding. They need to be looking at a coach similar to the last two at Wake Forest, a Jim Grobe or Dave Clawson type. Unique and out of the box. They had Paul Johnson but folks groused about his triple option, however he won games.

Ga Tech realizes ACC is either falling apart or being poached. Still, they hold a key position if they can invest in their programs enough to show they can hold the Atlanta market. Creating excellence around football has never been more important. I bet they will hire big and try to show B1G or SEC that they are worthy of adding.

Last edited:

Top Bottom