2022-20223 College Football Head Coach Fired/Hired Thread

I wonder if they will take a shot at KC or somebody off of PJ's staff?
Someone online speculated they'd look into Kenni Burns and Ryan Burns retweeted it and mentioned Burns had already interviewed for the ASU job this cycle...so it wouldn't be surprising. Most people think Rossi would be the first to get a head job from this staff, but I think Burns has been a finalist a couple times now.

BTW, if Rossi leaves, is anyone interested in Jim Leonhard, lol? Makes zero sense with the MN scheme, but the narrative would be delicious.

I saw on the bottom line that Deion Sanders was offered the Colorado job.

Someone online speculated they'd look into Kenni Burns and Ryan Burns retweeted it and mentioned Burns had already interviewed for the ASU job this cycle...so it wouldn't be surprising. Most people think Rossi would be the first to get a head job from this staff, but I think Burns has been a finalist a couple times now.

BTW, if Rossi leaves, is anyone interested in Jim Leonhard, lol? Makes zero sense with the MN scheme, but the narrative would be delicious.
Leonhard is a really good DC, I wouldn’t be opposed.

BOULDER, Colo. -- Deion Sanders said Monday that a report stating Coloradohas offered him its head-coaching job is true and that he also has received interest from other schools.

The Jackson State football coach didn't say whether he's considering any of the opportunities, including trying to turn around the Buffaloes' beleaguered program.

Sanders didn't specify in a teleconference for the Southwestern Athletic Conference championship game participants who else has reached out besides Colorado, saying, "I'm not going to sit here and tell all my business, but they're not the only ones."

The university hasn't commented on any candidates to replace Karl Dorrell, who was dismissed in October. Interim coach Mike Sanford finished out the Buffaloes' 1-11 season.

On Saturday, Fox Sports reported without citing sources that Colorado had offered Sanders the job.

BOULDER, Colo. -- Deion Sanders said Monday that a report stating Coloradohas offered him its head-coaching job is true and that he also has received interest from other schools.

The Jackson State football coach didn't say whether he's considering any of the opportunities, including trying to turn around the Buffaloes' beleaguered program.

Sanders didn't specify in a teleconference for the Southwestern Athletic Conference championship game participants who else has reached out besides Colorado, saying, "I'm not going to sit here and tell all my business, but they're not the only ones."

The university hasn't commented on any candidates to replace Karl Dorrell, who was dismissed in October. Interim coach Mike Sanford finished out the Buffaloes' 1-11 season.

On Saturday, Fox Sports reported without citing sources that Colorado had offered Sanders the job.

That doesn’t seem like a good fit.

Word has it they took away his social media accounts… the head coach’s.

And they hired a PR firm to handle the fallout of hiring him.

Kinda bad signs.
Yeah, screams desperation. He fit right in at Liberty with his baggage. Jerry's squad completely mauls his squad and they still hired him.

I don't know if Deion will be the one, but I would love to see CU get a good coach again. It's just a shame how far that program's fallen.
I saw in a thread here somewhere that it is one of only two P5 programs that does not have a NIL collective.

Hipsters, mountain climbing, ski/snowboard bums, (recreational weed), .... is there much room for football interest in the state outside of the Broncos?

I saw in a thread here somewhere that it is one of only two P5 programs that does not have a NIL collective.

Hipsters, mountain climbing, ski/snowboard bums, (recreational weed), .... is there much room for football interest in the state outside of the Broncos?
I think it is similar to here, hardcore group of fans and then the rest are interested if the program is winning a lot.

Didn’t see it clarified in this thread, but Fickell was actually something like $7.6 or $7.8m per year.

Didn’t see it clarified in this thread, but Fickell was actually something like $7.6 or $7.8m per year.
7.9 for 7 years = just outside the top 10 for all coaches based on annual comp

Interesting for a number of reasons, not the least of which being the fact their interim coach had a pretty nice season getting them to 6-6 including a win over North Texas who's playing in the conference championship this weekend and several close losses to bowl eligible teams like UTSA, Liberty, and Rice. Seems to have the support of the players, but so did Gutey back in the day, lol.

Members of the team prefer to retain current interim coach Bryant Vincent and voiced their concerns after admitting to being kept in the dark regarding the process this season.

“We, as the players and the team, want our voices to be heard. We deserve to be heard! We have represented this program and University and built something special here. We believe in Coach Vincent and want him to be our head coach,” a portion of the letter read.

7.9 for 7 years = just outside the top 10 for all coaches based on annual comp

I'm surprised Wisky opened up the pocketbook, i said in earlier post, I didn't think Fickell would happen. Mr Kohl and Mr Kwik-Trip are all in. Color me surprised....

The problem for a lot of mac schools right now is they can’t afford p5 coordinators so they have to go to that level of position coaches or d2/d3/some FCS head coaches

The athletic just had an interesting article about TN AD who was at Buffalo before

Top Bottom