2022-20223 College Football Head Coach Fired/Hired Thread

He’s struggled the last few years and gotta think NIL and the current landscape makes it nearly impossible for places like Stanford and Northwestern to compete. Vandy & Duke are having ok years but it’s got to be so tough for these schools.
Hmm, I would think both could actually do very well with NIL, given the wealthy and famous alum. Especially Stanford.

If they fired Ryan day for going playoff, playoff, 12-1 and 11-1 they’d have a pretty hard time attracting a new coach even with all that money. There is money elsewhere and you already know you’re getting fired the first time you lose to Michigan twice in a row
Was it Franklin who said something to the affect that Day getting that HC job was like getting to start at 3rd base every time you come up to bat?

Was it Franklin who said something to the affect that Day getting that HC job was like getting to start at 3rd base every time you come up to bat?
That was harbaugh

Born on third thinks he hit a triple

Sounds like he was well loved by Stanford community. To me he is similar to Pat Fitzgerald
Almost impossible to fire. But probably the right time for the program for him to move on to retirement

Great coach who deserved a much better ending.

Willie fritz to Georgia tech
Georgie Tech gets a guy who got Tulane to be better than Cincinnati
Wisconsin gets the guy who got Cincinnati to be worse than Tulane 😉

Doesn't look like that's done yet

I wouldn't be surprised if the Fadgers had Luke Fickell verbally committed before they fired Chryst. It makes sense. Eliminate Chryst after a bad loss but before he could possibly turn the season around which would make the firing tougher.

Color me surprised. Did not think he would bite. Wonder what his buyout will be...

He took less money than Rhule took to go to Nebraska
Is the rumor
I meant less than he currently makes. Rumor is $6 million, so a 20%ish increase? Guessing a large portion is guaranteed.

What is the steam on Stanford? I thought Shaw would be close to the end. Will be an interesting hire.

I wonder if they will take a shot at KC or somebody off of PJ's staff?
I just peeked at their Board. Some of their fans want a PJ disciple, and others want to avoid hiring a PJ coach.

If I'm Tulane guy, I'd rather go to Cincy than go to GT. And NEB had to pay more as no one wanted to go there. LOL

Western Michigan chimes in and fires Fleck's replacement:

Go Gophers!!

I talked to another guy at work and we both think that this was a dumb move. Winning at UNLV is not easy, and they might get into a bowl game depending on how a couple of game turn out this weekend.
The have some irrational belief they are an elevated program based purely on the fact that they moved to the Death Star.

The have some irrational belief they are an elevated program based purely on the fact that they moved to the Death Star.
or 7-23 over three years and a 6 game losing streak this year.

0-6 during year one COVID
2-10 year 2
5-7 this year
seems like progress

your post did remind me of "Minnesota thinks they can get a better coach than Kill"

Top Bottom