2022-20223 College Football Head Coach Fired/Hired Thread

And Sanford has been named the interim HC.

Go Gophers!!

Talk about falling upwards. Who knows....maybe Sanford knew nothing about offense.....and is actually a defensive mastermind!?

UNC Charlotte chimes in:

Charlotte has fired fourth-year coach Will Healy after a 1-7 effort that ensured a third straight losing season for the 49ers, the university announced Sunday. The program parts ways with the 37-year-old following a 34-15 home loss to FIU, which dropped the 49ers to 0-4 in conference play.

Offensive line coach Peter Rossomando has been elevated to the team's interim coach for the final four games of the season.

"We are grateful to Will Healy for the incredible energy and enthusiasm he brought to our program," said athletic director Mike Hill in a statement. "He made an impact here that will never be forgotten. Sadly, however, our on-field results have not met expectations. Will and his family are special people and we wish them the best."

Go Gophers!!

Funny thing is if the next guy matches Gus Malzahan's record he will be considered a success.

It won't happen but honestly I could see PJ doing really well at a program like Auburn.
Based on? I think he’d struggle for a couple years there and be fired. Fans would hate him mantras and they don’t tolerate losing like Minnesota does/has.

Sweet Jesus the MSU kids beating up the kid is gonna get MSU to fire Tucker with cause.

Based on? I think he’d struggle for a couple years there and be fired. Fans would hate him mantras and they don’t tolerate losing like Minnesota does/has.
He's a really good coach and Auburn has a lot of resources and is in some fertile recruiting territory. And they are the #2 in that state so I think they would have enough of that underdog mentality that PJ would thrive on.

Just hypothetical (unless somehow he becomes their next coach).

He's a really good coach and Auburn has a lot of resources and is in some fertile recruiting territory. And they are the #2 in that state so I think they would have enough of that underdog mentality that PJ would thrive on.

Just hypothetical (unless somehow he becomes their next coach).
I'm not worried, they aren't plucking another Harsin level candidate who gets beat by Bert the SEC failure.

Harsin to nebby seems like a natural, as does Prime to Auburn.

I hope a team not in the big 10 takes Illinois's defensive coordinator. Get him out of the conference as he is damn good.
Make no mistake it’s fat Bret Bielema which is the reason for Illinois success.

Unreal. Minus a scandal of some kind no coach should be fired before they even finish their second year.
If it's solely based on production on the field (scandal like you said or it appears he doesn't have control of the team), it's ridiculous IMO. He's had success previously as a head coach.

Charlotte chimes in again:

Charlotte has chosen Michigan associate head coach Biff Poggi as its next head football coach, the school announced on Tuesday. Poggi replaces Will Healy with the 49ers and becomes just the third coach at the program since it reinstated the football program in 2013.

Poggi was hired at Michigan after Jim Harbaugh's disappointing pandemic campaign in 2020, and he has excelled in an off-field role. The 62-year-old coach has helped Harbaugh reevaluate and rebuild his infrastructure behind the scenes at Michigan, and has proven to be a key part of the Wolverines' 22-2 record over the past two seasons. Poggi will remain with Michigan through the end of the season before taking over at Charlotte.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom