2021 Other Bowl Games Thread

The "other option" seems to make most sense to me. With the expansion....this is how I see the four pods:

Texas A&M/Texas/Oklahoma/Mizzou - Former Big 12 Pod
Arkansas/Ole Miss/Miss State/LSU
Bama/Auburn/Vandy/Tennessee
Kentucky/SC/Georgia/Florida
I think the 1st and last are for sure and the way you have them probably makes the most sense but I think the other is a possibility too, depending on the politics.

I think the 1st and last are for sure and the way you have them probably makes the most sense but I think the other is a possibility too, depending on the politics.

I agree. Just think swapping Vandy and Tennessee for Ole Miss and Miss State makes that pod with Alabama and Auburn by far the best. It'll be interesting. With 16 teams....I think four, four team pods makes the most sense.

Fair points and true but still a small town where it's hard to hide. Some guys don't mind that. Not sure Kiffen is one of them or he enjoys eating at the same 3 restaurants all the time.
True. That came up with the Lincoln Riley to USC discussion. A lot easier to live normally as the 11,000th most famous person in LA than the most famous person in Norman.

I agree. Just think swapping Vandy and Tennessee for Ole Miss and Miss State makes that pod with Alabama and Auburn by far the best. It'll be interesting. With 16 teams....I think four, four team pods makes the most sense.
I think another factor may end up being the historical, but not recently relevant, Bama vs Tennessee rivalry.

We were talking about Corral earlier in the thread. How would he look in purple? An actual mobile quaterback.

It's understandable an illiterate moron can't read. I am not anti-vax as proved by the fact I was vaccinated long before you had the opportunity to be vaccinated.

It is also indisputably factual the vaccines have provided nothing close to immunity as proved by the enormous number of breakthrough cases. Understanding this requires an open mind. You are committed to a political party line which requires denial of developing data. A perfect useful idiot.
It is a common misconception that vaccines create 100% immunity. No vaccine is 100% effective. Vaccines are primarily designed to prevent severe disease.

Breakthrough infections (cases) are part and parcel of any disease circulation. Always have been, and always will be. Breakthrough disease is what is more critical. Severe disease is what overwhelms health care systems, and this has a ripple effect on a facility's ability to handle other non-covid emergencies.

It is a common misconception that vaccines create 100% immunity. No vaccine is 100% effective. Vaccines are primarily designed to prevent severe disease.

Breakthrough infections (cases) are part and parcel of any disease circulation. Always have been, and always will be. Breakthrough disease is what is more critical. Severe disease is what overwhelms health care systems, and this has a ripple effect on a facility's ability to handle other non-covid emergencies.
Yet several viruses were basically ended with a vaccine. Small pox and several others. But this has not been ended with US having a 70% Vax rate.

Yet several viruses were basically ended with a vaccine. Small pox and several others. But this has not been ended with US having a 70% Vax rate.
some viruses we considered in that "near eradicated" class such as polio have breakthroughs every year. a huge huge huge portion of this is infectivity, kill rate, etc.; many of those that were eradicated had MUCH MUCH higher kill rates (small pox was like 20-30%) which means less survive and even fewer have mild disease that can wander around and spread it. that's what makes COVID challenging and is part of why what you're really hoping doesn't happen is that this becomes an endemic disease that every once in awhile mutates and has the strains that have 10% kill rates (or roughly like SARS).

You've been spewing incorrect claims that the vaccine is ineffective all over the board. That's next level idiocy....and truther talk. Even after several posters proved you very wrong.

I haven't seen anyone have as adverse of a reaction to players opting out of bowls as you. Personally.....I don't like it. But I also understand that some of these guys see a massive paycheck coming and don't want to risk an injury. Other guys (probably most).....like Kamal Martin in 2019.....see the extra month of practice as time that they can spend training for things like the combine or their pro days.....in order to improve their draft stock. There is BIG money on the line for these guys and even a round or two makes a difference.

Somebody else brought up Cousins and it's a good point. If you are so gung-ho about team over individual......it should have been a quick post to say that him staying unvaccinated was selfish. Instead you went into your crazed anti-vax rambling like a damn goon.

Congrats on quickly becoming one of the biggest dopes on this message board.
Easy now, little karen. It's no good working yourself into such a panic while quivering in fear. Breathe into a paper bag awhile. I know, it's always hardest on you little ones with everybody talking about the cold winter of death and misery hovering right over your house.

Easy now, little karen. It's no good working yourself into such a panic while quivering in fear. Breathe into a paper bag awhile. I know, it's always hardest on you little ones with everybody talking about the cold winter of death and misery hovering right over your house.

Interesting response. I have little personal fear of covid. More concerned about older folks. I also have no fear of the vaccine. That's you and people like Kirk Cousins. Scared of something that hundreds of million of people have taken with no adverse effects. Oh wait....you claimed to have taken it....right? So why haven't you said anything about Cousins being a bad teammate for refusing it?

We all know. You are an anti-vaxing chud. Proving stupid with the continuing false claims that the vaccine hasn't done anything. Isn't there a Q board that you can hang out at?

Without being too snarky, can anyone say why a very minor Texas Bowl is being played tonight? Why wasn’t this squeezed into a slot last week? Other than some marginal interest from the teams playing, hasn’t everyone moved on?

Without being too snarky, can anyone say why a very minor Texas Bowl is being played tonight? Why wasn’t this squeezed into a slot last week? Other than some marginal interest from the teams playing, hasn’t everyone moved on?
This one could be particularly entertaining to watch. All wildcat all the time!

I can't say I ever really feel bad for an SEC school getting their ass handed to them, but I kinda feel bad for the LSU players stuck in this terrible situation tonight.

I can't say I ever really feel bad for an SEC school getting their ass handed to them, but I kinda feel bad for the LSU players stuck in this terrible situation tonight.
I feel bad for the guys who are “trying”.

However, that is a talented team…a lot of those guys quit at some point.

I feel bad for the guys who are “trying”.

However, that is a talented team…a lot of those guys quit at some point.
i mean they played a WR at QB tonight who threw for 3TDs and hadn't played QB since 2019 when he was the scout team QB. sounds like some talent to me but 39 scholarship players means you're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy down your depth chart typically

Top Bottom