2021 Other Bowl Games Thread

BIG 4-0 soon to be 5-0. Now it’s up to the BIG top dogs to deliver. I still think Utah knocks off OSU!!! Anyone else?

Michigan state beat Michigan this year. They were dominated in the game

their second Best win this year was 7-5 Penn state.
The big ten east is SOFT outside Ohio state and Michigan
Did they lose to Bowling Green or Illinois?

Chryst is a moron. I wish they would have kicked a FG and gotten it blocked and returned for a TD.

Wisconsin was average this year, yet they still won 9 games. Allen is the real deal. Mertz, shows everyone he is not. Wisconsin has no true WR's that I've seen to replace the guys leaving. I don't know what Wisconsin loses on the defense next year, but only Leonhard leaving will hurt them, IMO. Their offensive line will likely determine how their season goes next year.

After watching Purdue and Wisconsin, it's fairly clear to me that Big 10 West is underrated. Maybe I should say the Big 10 itself is underrated. Hard to pick a favorite next year with transfers and the like, but Minnesota is my front runner.

So glad he's Wiscy's qb
Just got back from the game. Mertz continues to be so incredibly unimpressive, it's surprising they don't have better options than him to run that offense.

Amusing side note; guy sitting behind me was a professional poker player/gambler and told me he put a "4-figure" bet on Wisconsin at (-7.5), and the guy who gave him the tickets for the game bet the game at Wisconsin (-6.5), and the game actually closed at WI (-8). 4-figures doesn't have to be huge, could have just been a dime bet, but I took his comment to mean he might have had at least a couple dimes on it.

First quarter I thought he was making easy money and I was wishing I had bet Wisky (which would have made me a little nauseous), but I didn't have any action on the game. By sometime in the 2nd quarter, I kept telling him "this game has backdoor cover written all over it", and he just kept laughing.

I bailed out early but thought about that poor bastard all the way home, likely getting beat by the hook.

Did any of you guys know Allen is only 17 and Ferguson is the grandson of Barry Alvarez?
Ferguson was probably their best weapon this season, and I thought he was in the bowl game as well. I saw him go out early in the second half and I don't think he came back (?), and the Badger offense struggled to move the ball in a big way without him. He's a SR and I would guess he'll move on because he's a draftable talent, hopefully he does.

I remember telling my buddy on one of those last drives (last drive?) when the Badgers started on the 3 that the Wisconsin of just a couple years ago would grind this thing down the field 97 yards and eat up 5-6 mins of clock doing it. You never felt that with this team this year

Rutgers will probably lose.
Rutgers will F up our B1G undefeated conference bowl record. IF Rutgers win by some miracle, then Penn State may ruin it for us.

Rutgers will F up our B1G undefeated conference bowl record. IF Rutgers win by some miracle, then Penn State may ruin it for us.

My gut says Penn State loses but I'm going back and forth. They had a mediocre season, now have multiple opt outs, and the Razorbacks are a very solid SEC team; all of which point to a loss.

On the other hand, Clifford played injured after the Iowa game and probably had time to heal up, PSU usually has good depth that has had time to practice, and we're now seeing the SEC is overrated. I wouldn't be surprised with a win.

No question Rutgers is a loss.

Edit add: Gotta hand it to Greg Schiano. Rutgers was a total dumpster fire before he stepped back in.

Updated conference bowl standings.
Big Ten (5-0)
American (3-0)
Mountain West (5-1)
Sun Belt (3-1)
Independents (2-1)
Big 12 (2-2)
C-USA (3-5)
MAC (2-5)
ACC (1-4)
SEC (1-5)
Pac 12 (0-3)

I’m going to cheer for Rutgers like they are our beloved Gophers. Good for them if they keep it close. But what if they win? Great for them and the B1G.

I am definitely cheering against the lion cubs and hope they get blown out. The B1G front office will deserve any fallout from appointing them to the Outback Bowl.

Updated conference bowl standings.
Big Ten (5-0)
American (3-0)
Mountain West (5-1)
Sun Belt (3-1)
Independents (2-1)
Big 12 (2-2)
C-USA (3-5)
MAC (2-5)
ACC (1-4)
SEC (1-5)
Pac 12 (0-3)
All the Big Ten wins have been against teams in Power 5 conferences too.

Just got back from the game. Mertz continues to be so incredibly unimpressive, it's surprising they don't have better options than him to run that offense.

Amusing side note; guy sitting behind me was a professional poker player/gambler and told me he put a "4-figure" bet on Wisconsin at (-7.5), and the guy who gave him the tickets for the game bet the game at Wisconsin (-6.5), and the game actually closed at WI (-8). 4-figures doesn't have to be huge, could have just been a dime bet, but I took his comment to mean he might have had at least a couple dimes on it.

First quarter I thought he was making easy money and I was wishing I had bet Wisky (which would have made me a little nauseous), but I didn't have any action on the game. By sometime in the 2nd quarter, I kept telling him "this game has backdoor cover written all over it", and he just kept laughing.

I bailed out early but thought about that poor bastard all the way home, likely getting beat by the hook.

I might have been one to take that -7.5 bet. I thought the Fadgers would stomp ASU.

I’m going to cheer for Rutgers like they are our beloved Gophers. Good for them if they keep it close. But what if they win? Great for them and the B1G.

I am definitely cheering against the lion cubs and hope they get blown out. The B1G front office will deserve any fallout from appointing them to the Outback Bowl.

I like your thinking regarding PSU and the BG10.

Top Bottom