2021 Other Bowl Games Thread

This is what replay is supposed to be for, getting plays like that right. That was a TD and a terrible call

Surprised they did not overturn that and change that to a TD. TN fans have a right to be PO'ed.

Wow, that’s sucks for TN! That was a TD too!

The only thing I can think is the whistle called the pay dead. Bad because it was a TD.

Whistle stoppage? He was definitely not down.
He was stopped for a split second and I think the ref was trying to blow his whistle. By the time he blew the whistle the RB reached the ball out. Not sure how that rule works in football. I know in hockey they go by when the ref intended to blow the whistle and not when it's actually blown but no idea about football.

Purdue didn't deserve to win that game. And now they'll be ranked ahead of us despite our head-to-head win and finishing ahead of them in the BTW. Fuckers.

Really bad call for TN...

At least I'm done hearing the continuous nightmare loop of Rocky Top. I used to like that song.

Play to the whistle until you randomly don't play to the whistle is the lesson from this, I guess.

It was the right call on the non-TD imo. You can argue the ref called it dead too soon, but he was clearly running in calling the play dead when the RB reached for the line. He immediately turned to the head official and told him he stopped the play for progress. Oh, and a Tennessee player was clearly pulling the RB towards the line as well which is illegal.

Am I the only one that thought his progress clearly stopped there?
It was stopped for a moment. They often let them keep going but it was stopped for a moment. Vikings had a quick whistle last Sunday similar to that play.

Wow. Can't believe I'm sticking up for Tennessee....but they got jobbed there.
He wasn’t down,His progress was stopped. They should have been called for aiding the runner, because you can’t pull a guy forward you can only push from behind.
Glad Purdue won as it makes the SEC look terrible.

Hate to see Brohm win... hate Tennessee as well. Tough to stomach however you look at it.

Maybe I’m on an island, but screw Tennessee (and the SEC). I would much rather have Purdue win that game.
No I'm with you 100%. Screw the SEC. I was peeping the Tennessee board during bowl selection time and they were maddeningly arrogant pretty much saying any game below the Outback was beneath them and the Vols would roll the likes of MN and Purdue. Turns out Purdue minus two first round draft picks was still a little too much for them. Maybe 7-5 PSU in the Outback would've been a better matchup 😂

Tennessee got screwed by the ref whistle, or lack thereof, twice. The first time was on the long catch and run by the tight end where the Tennessee tackler thought the play was done (progress stopped) and stupidly let him go. The second was the overtime play. For some unknown reason, I hate Tennessee even more than Brohm/Purdue, so not mad at the result. I really hate Tennessee now for making me hate Rocky Top. Bastards.

MSU gonna make the BG10 4-0...unless their defense once again forgets how to play.

Fadgers will (unfortunately) monkey stomp ASU tonight to make it 5-0.

I know Purdue lost the big time receiver and defensive lineman for next year.

but did they lose a lot from this year after those two?Just thinking ahead to next year.

Am I the only one that thought his progress clearly stopped there?
It is not a touchdown. It is not when the whistle was blown. By rule, it is when the official determined that forward progress was stopped.

Aidan O'Connell the QB for Purdue is going to give the Big Ten fits next year.

Top Bottom