2021 Minnesota Players

Tommyboy

Reaction score
TG QB Kristoff Kowalkowski, will be one to watch! Junior that just turned 16, 6 '2 over 200 pounds. He was the top passer in FBU Freshman All- American game. Will be a four year starter at QB. One of the most accurate 16 year olds in the country. He was in the same group at the UA Camp in Chicago as the current 2021 commit and out performed him. He is under the radar, huge upside.

TG QB Kristoff Kowalkowski, will be one to watch! Junior that just turned 16, 6 '2 over 200 pounds. He was the top passer in FBU Freshman All- American game. Will be a four year starter at QB. One of the most accurate 16 year olds in the country. He was in the same group at the UA Camp in Chicago as the current 2021 commit and out performed him. He is under the radar, huge upside.

First post.... Dad, uncle or grandpa?

Take a look at his film. One of the leading QB's in 6A playing for TG who is a traditionally running team. When is the last time we had a freshman QB in our state play in the FBU freshman All-American game and at 14 years of age and out play the other QB's. He has one D1 offer. We need to get the word out on all of our young talent in the state.

He does look like a good player. Looks like pretty strictly a pocket passer, doesn't have the strongest arm, but looks accurate. Has an FAU offer.

He does look like a good player. Looks like pretty strictly a pocket passer, doesn't have the strongest arm, but looks accurate. Has an FAU offer.

He is able to throw over 60 yards at 16 years old. Smart kid, who is fluent in Chinese. If you look at his film over 3 years, the receivers did not have to adjust to his throw in one of his highlight films.

Unfortunately, the FAU offer was in August. They now have a new head coach. I wonder whether the offer is still good?

I see he’s attended 3 different camps at the U and 1 at Wisc. If they like his game enough, they’ll offer.

Looking he was in 8th grade and 13 years old when he attending two of the camps. That year He threw for 2,000 yards with an 80% completion rate on JV, not bad. Watch what happens with this kid in the next few years.

Kristoff Kowalkowski ...need to offer him just for his awesome name.

He is able to throw over 60 yards at 16 years old. Smart kid, who is fluent in Chinese. If you look at his film over 3 years, the receivers did not have to adjust to his throw in one of his highlight films.
Didn’t see anything over forty in his hudl vid. I did see a few plays where the we had to adjust, but he does look accurate. Arm looks plenty strong enough, just didn’t see many highlights showing him gun one into a tight spot. Mostly showed off his touch and accuracy and timing.

There were stories about this kid in the St. Cloud area papers several years back - something about him attending a national camp. Didn't know that he made the move to Totino Grace. There seems to be a promotion machine running in the background of his football career.

It would seem like he has had exposure to be scouted. One offer so far from a coach who moved on suggests there must be several other QBs they like better. At least so far.

I looked at his twitter page. He’s visited a lot of schools this year, including P5 Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas State, etc.

My honest opinion watching his highlights....he doesn’t look like a Big Ten QB. To be fair, there isn’t much there to go on.

But are his spirals tight?

Looking he was in 8th grade and 13 years old when he attending two of the camps. That year He threw for 2,000 yards with an 80% completion rate on JV, not bad. Watch what happens with this kid in the next few years.
I dont think JV stats count?

I have seen him play a couple times as my nephew plays tackle for Totino Grace and I came away impressed with Kowalkowski. I like his footwork and he DOES have a good arm. I was a little surprised that they didn't throw it more often to TE Alt as he creates a lot of mismatches and it's like a 7-8 yard gain guaranteed. I would throw to him at least 5-6 times a game but perhaps they will more often next year. Totino Grace should be very good on offense this year and I will be getting out to see them a lot more often next fall. Kowalkowski is a good football player though - he will be playing in college for someone for sure!!

There were stories about this kid in the St. Cloud area papers several years back - something about him attending a national camp. Didn't know that he made the move to Totino Grace. There seems to be a promotion machine running in the background of his football career.
I dont think JV stats count?
The point was that he had impressive statistics playing against kids, that were 4 or sometimes 5 years older and exciting. This is the only time he as been in a spread offense, if he was in a spread offensive now with a solid team he would be throwing for 3 -4,000 yards per year.

I remember those articles, Kowalkowski won two national QB competitions in Canton, Ohio, the first at 10 years of age. It was the NFA Duel, which is a two day competition of top QB's. Ken Steel, the QB that the gophers offered a few years ago who went to Vanderbilt, won the completion in the age group ahead of him.

I looked at his twitter page. He’s visited a lot of schools this year, including P5 Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas State, etc.

My honest opinion watching his highlights....he doesn’t look like a Big Ten QB. To be fair, there isn’t much there to go on.
What are you analyzing the offensive that the team is running or the QB's mechanics. The number one trait you want is a smart QB that is accurate. That is what jumps out on his film, he looks like a trained QB, not someone jumping around like a running back, like many high school programs place at QB like North did this year.

What are you analyzing the offensive that the team is running or the QB's mechanics. The number one trait you want is a smart QB that is accurate. That is what jumps out on his film, he looks like a trained QB, not someone jumping around like a running back, like many high school programs place at QB like North did this year.

Love the passion, of course it doesn't really matter what any of us in here think about a particular recruit. He is playing in 6A so if he is D1 worthy teams will find out about him and the offers will follow.

It would seem like he has had exposure to be scouted. One offer so far from a coach who moved on suggests there must be several other QBs they like better. At least so far.
Difficult for Minnesota QB's to get attention, the weather, vanilla offenses on the most part. A QB throwing for 1500 yards in a top Minnesota division is like 3,000 season for same QB down south.

Out of curiosity, what is your connection to Kristoff? Nothing wrong with promoting a friend, relative, or yourself on here, just genuinely curious about it.

Top Bottom