2021 ANNUAL GOPHERHOLE PICTORIAL COUNTDOWN!!

No pictures in Gophers gear yet, Jack Gibbens

h3wqhxlxkfcxlnsvglwm

Jacob Herbers

Herbers_Jacob_039.jpg

In that Halloween shootout vs. Michigan State, Tow-Arnett catches TDs at 0:50 and 1:01. Then at 1:17 he has the catch that gets flipped to Duane Bennett.
Tight End Tow-Arnett actually has three TD receptions in that clip. This exceeds total TE touchdown receptions by all Gopher tight ends in each of the previous three seasons: 2018 (1), 2019 (2) and 2020 (1). Don't mean this as a "trigger"; please don't take it as one. Just an observation.

Tight End Tow-Arnett actually has three TD receptions in that clip. This exceeds total TE touchdown receptions by all Gopher tight ends in each of the previous three seasons: 2018 (1), 2019 (2) and 2020 (1). Don't mean this as a "trigger"; please don't take it as one. Just an observation.
qbXfLGo.gif

Thanks for the memory I was actually in the section shown at the end but farther back
In that Halloween shootout vs. Michigan State, Tow-Arnett catches TDs at 0:50 and 1:01. Then at 1:17 he has the catch that gets flipped to Duane Bennett.

Forgot how awesome Thomas Tapeh was. A great complementary piece to Barber and Maroney.
I wish I could see the film of him against Arkansas where he was hit by the Arkansas DB on the 5 yard line and put the DB on his backside 3 yards into the end zone to score a TD.

Forgot how awesome Thomas Tapeh was. A great complementary piece to Barber and Maroney.
The Cobb-Smith-Brooks-Ibrahim years have been great but the era with Tapeh-Barber-Maroney-Russell feels like it was on another level. Maybe it's the nostalgia talking.

I wish I could see the film of him against Arkansas where he was hit by the Arkansas DB on the 5 yard line and put the DB on his backside 3 yards into the end zone to score a TD.
It's funny, you can find so many bowl games on YouTube from years past but the Minnesota win over Arkansas is difficult to find.

The Cobb-Smith-Brooks-Ibrahim years have been great but the era with Tapeh-Barber-Maroney-Russell feels like it was on another level. Maybe it's the nostalgia talking.

It's funny, you can find so many bowl games on YouTube from years past but the Minnesota win over Arkansas is difficult to find.
I don't know if I'll ever see another RB in the marron & gold who looked as explosive and smooth as Maroney. There was just something about him where you thought he would go the distance every time he scored. Mo is awesome, but Maroney was a first round pick for a reason.

I don't know if I'll ever see another RB in the marron & gold who looked as explosive and smooth as Maroney. There was just something about him where you thought he would go the distance every time he scored. Mo is awesome, but Maroney was a first round pick for a reason.
Maybe Ky Thomas and Mar’Keise Irving will stir some of those old feelings …

The antsiness is starting to pick up. Going to need something to make up for the bball tickets I bought this year.

I'm going to have a tough time finding people to go to those games with me. On the other hand....as a first year bball ticket holder....there should be much better seats to grab since the place will likely be pretty empty. Sorry.....not the point of the thread.

The antsiness is starting to pick up. Going to need something to make up for the bball tickets I bought this year.

I'm going to have a tough time finding people to go to those games with me. On the other hand....as a first year bball ticket holder....there should be much better seats to grab since the place will likely be pretty empty. Sorry.....not the point of the thread.
I wish they would do a double a header that I could buy tickets to.

Football game, walk across the street basketball game ;)

He had a good NFL career. Not long by today's standards, but back then, good for him.
Those unis look good too (FULLBANANA.com!!!!!)

He did, indeed have a solid NFL career. Quite impressive, especially considering how much the passing game has changed. Back then, catching 64 passes for 937 yards, as Rick did in '79, was a Pro Bowl level season. And 16.4 YPC over the course of his entire NFL career is excellent, even by today's standards.

As a Bronco, I recall him more as a punt returner. He was quite electrifying in the kicking game. 4 punt returns for TDs in '76 alone, with a 13.7 yard average.

Thanks for posting the photo, GWG. Brought back some memories.

There are some nice videos of him as a Bronco on YouTube, but for some reason I can't post them here.

Last edited:

Nine seasons in the NFL seems pretty long
True. I meant vs the long timers today. 9 seasons back then was an eternity. Very few people lasted that long. I was trying to give him props, but looking back, I phrased it wrong.

Top Bottom