2020-2021 College Basketball Other Games Thread

What are peoples thoughts on MSU and Rutgers tonight ?

If Rutgers was fully healthy, I'd take them at Breslin. But they aren't just yet, so I think Sparty wins their second in a row.

MSU's big problem is they don't have anyone to make that offense go. Winston was so good at getting the ball where it needs to be, even if that meant taking the shot himself, and before him Valentine.

I can’t believe the line is MSU -3. In their last 5 games, Rutgers has beat Purdue, Illinois, @Maryland and lost @Ohio St and to Iowa by 2.

MSU, on the other hand, has lost to every team with a pulse in its last 5 games (NW, Minn, and Wisc) with wins over Oakland and @Nebraska.

Watching msu and rutgers and man its ugly...Rutgers can't shoot anything and msu turns the ball over about every possession.

Watching msu and rutgers and man its ugly...Rutgers can't shoot anything and msu turns the ball over about every possession.

Super ugly. Rutgers missed their first 7 free throws as well.

Super ugly. Rutgers missed their first 7 free throws as well.
It gives me hope for playing them twice...limit their outside shot and force them to finish at the rim and they're beatable

They play tough D though

It gives me hope for playing them twice...limit their outside shot and force them to finish at the rim and they're beatable

They play tough D though

Spartans playing poor, but i think the gopher's bench could beat Rutgers tonight.

They play tough D though
This is one of the worst basketball games I have watched in awhile. It is like watching the Minnesota team from the Illinois game play the Minnesota team from the Illinois game, but one of them can’t shoot free throws.

This is one of the worst basketball games I have watched in awhile. It is like watching the Minnesota team from the Illinois game play the Minnesota team from the Illinois game, but one of them can’t shoot free throws.

Yeah, sums it up pretty well.
MSU with 17 turnovers with fourteen mins to go.

Yeah, sums it up pretty well.
MSU with 17 turnovers with fourteen mins to go.
Ugly. On the other hand, I feel really good about the Gophers ability to defend Rutgers. Their offense is anemic if it can’t drive to the hoop. Robbins might get a triple double with blocks against them.

The Big 10 is the best conference by a long shot at this point in this season but there is not a great team. I can not find three better rosters than then Gophers. One of the few teams that may be able to win with offense,defense or both. Gonzaga is the only team i see as great.

Watching Marquette struggle is kinda fun

Totally agree. Think of if Garcia would have stayed home and been on this team!?

Then again....that probably means we don't have Brandon Johnson. Oh well. Enjoy Marquette.

Every team in the Big 10 is going to have stretches where it looks like a lock for a tournament berth immeditately followed by a game or two where it looks like it is full of people who literally just discovered the sport of basketball.

It's whacky.

Don't see any of them winning the championship but if I'm picking one to emerge and get to a Final 4 it is still Wisconsin.

Totally agree. Think of if Garcia would have stayed home and been on this team!?

Then again....that probably means we don't have Brandon Johnson. Oh well. Enjoy Marquette.
We just can't have them continue to be a place local kids look at as a great opportunity. I'm not sold that any of the others would have been difference makers here, but Garcia would have been very good.

We just can't have them continue to be a place local kids look at as a great opportunity. I'm not sold that any of the others would have been difference makers here, but Garcia would have been very good.

Suggs would have 100% been a difference maker. Garcia would have made the team better.

21st ranked Duke managed to come from behind to salvage a one-point win over Boston College who falls to 2-8 on the season. It's Duke's 4th win of the year (the other wins are Coppin State, Bellarmine and ND), yet they're still ranked...

21st ranked Duke managed to come from behind to salvage a one-point win over Boston College who falls to 2-8 on the season. It's Duke's 4th win of the year (the other wins are Coppin State, Bellarmine and ND), yet they're still ranked...
Sad thing is the Gophers could still be ranked next week. If we lose a close one to Iowa there is probably enough good things we've done mixed with other ranked teams losing to keep us ranked.

Sad thing is the Gophers could still be ranked next week. If we lose a close one to Iowa there is probably enough good things we've done mixed with other ranked teams losing to keep us ranked.

Sad?

Can anyone explain to me why reuvers was not called for a foul when he leaned in and bumped jackson Davis on his baseline drive with 40 seconds left in game? JD made a tremendous pass immediately after, but was still bumped off his straight line movement. Big ten officials so skewed by expectations.

No fouls called on Wisconsin in the last 2:20 even though Reuvers could have been called for a couple. Easily.
We wonder why badgers continue with their reputation? No fouls for them.

Just turned on the game. What happened with Potter?

Davison didnt get away with that one.

Top Bottom