2019 College Football Coach Fired/Hired Thread

Mike Leach has interviewed at Mississippi State and apparently the job is his if he wants it. Could you imagine Leach and Kiffen in the same state competing against one another? Get your popcorn ready if that happens.

Having said that, will be much harder to win At Mississippi State than at Wazzou. If I’m Leach, I’m staying in Spokane.

Mike Leach has interviewed at Mississippi State and apparently the job is his if he wants it. Could you imagine Leach and Kiffen in the same state competing against one another? Get your popcorn ready if that happens.

Having said that, will be much harder to win At Mississippi State than at Wazzou. If I’m Leach, I’m staying in Spokane.
Pullman. Spokane is Gonzaga.

Winning is theoretically easier in the Pac 12, but the SEC is the SEC. Tough call.

Yeah, Pullman is truely out in the middle of nowhere in eastern Washington, near the Idaho border (coincidentally where the U of Idaho is located). Spokane is 75 road miles away, and that's not a great commute even if conditions are good. Can get very snowy in the winter.

Very interesting parallels in Leach's tenure at Texas Tech and Washington St, if he indeed leaves. At Tech, he went eight seasons winning no more than 9 games, before having a break out year, co-champ of the division but didn't make the conf champ game, then had a regression year before leaving. At Wazzou, he went six seasons winning no more than 9 games, before having a break out year, co-champ of the division but didn't make the conf champ game, then had a regression year ....

If he does leave, wonder if Wazzou would take a look at Craig Bohl of Wyoming (formally NDSU). Would bring an offense that is a big change-up for the spread pass happy PAC, with a hard-nosed inside running game that often utilizes a true fullback. Very similar to what Kliemann is doing at K-State in the similarly spread pass happy Big XII.

Well Leach is a hell of a lot more likeable than Kiffin ... especially after Kiffin hired Durkin...

The new football complex at UNLV is quite impressive. http://fertittafootballcomplex.unlvrebels.com/renderings.html

I'm sure Fertitta and UNLV boosters love to dream about being the PAC. Would be a good market to pickup, along with San Diego and SDSU. California higher-ed politics might play nice to get a CSU campus into the PAC, as well.

Major problem with both, of course, is that the research levels aren't there. Will take some time and major investment to bring them up to that level.

The new football complex at UNLV is quite impressive. http://fertittafootballcomplex.unlvrebels.com/renderings.html

I'm sure Fertitta and UNLV boosters love to dream about being the PAC. Would be a good market to pickup, along with San Diego and SDSU. California higher-ed politics might play nice to get a CSU campus into the PAC, as well.

Major problem with both, of course, is that the research levels aren't there. Will take some time and major investment to bring them up to that level.

Fertitta has his name on the outside, but kudos to John and Jane Smith for getting their names on every room on the inside.

Wow. When was the last time a HC went P5 to P5?

Wow. When was the last time a HC went P5 to P5?
2yrs ago happened multiple times
Dan Mullen.... Miss.St to Florida
Jumbo Fischer Florida st to Texas A&M
Willie Taggert Oregon to Florida St

Phenomenal get for Wazzu, especially with the timing of this happening. I really feel for the Rainbow Warriors though, was a homecoming for Rolo and I’m sure they were hoping they could keep him for longer.

Did Rolo run the same type of offense at Hawaii?

Chuck ‘n duck 00/10 personnel schemes are all the same to me.

Bobby Petrino to Missouri St.

https://amp.news-leader.com/amp/4474948002

Pork_Chop_medium.gif

Ugh. I hate Baylor and wish them nothing but failure.

I hope if there is another big round of conference alignment that consolidates the power conferences into four, that Baylor is left on the outside looking in, and forced to go independent in football to maintain a semblance of being "better" than the G teams, like BYU had to do.

I’m not a huge Todd Graham fan, but he may work in the WAC.

I’m not a huge Todd Graham fan, but he may work in the WAC.
Why aren't you a fan, out of curiosity?

Did mostly great things in four years at Tulsa. Then first three years at Arizona State did well, but the last three years weren't good.

Why aren't you a fan, out of curiosity?

Did mostly great things in four years at Tulsa. Then first three years at Arizona State did well, but the last three years weren't good.
The Az in my username is for Arizona. I actually live not far from Sun Devil Stadium, I can hear the cannons they fire after ASU scores from my house. I’m very familiar with their football program. Graham did fine with other people’s recruits, not so well with his own. He tended to chase stars with no consideration of how they would fit into his system. Other teams also caught on to his offensive and defensive schemes as time went on and he failed to adjust. The defense in his last two years at ASU were worse than Robb Smith’s defenses at Minnesota. He seemed like a good guy though so hopefully things work out for him in Hawaii.

A very underwhelming hire by Colorado.

On a side note I find it amusing that the coaches that are fired are praised so highly by their former boss(es).

A very underwhelming hire by Colorado.
This guy has been a WR coach, mainly. A few stints as OC, not sure how successful though as he hasn't kept the position very long. And the one bad tenure as HC at UCLA.

If he hadn't had a lack of success in some of his higher roles, I'd say perhaps he fits the mold of Fleck. And maybe they're hoping for something like that.

One interesting thing to me: this is their third black head coach hire in the last four. Obviously MacIntyre was there much longer than the others were or have been so far.

On a side note I find it amusing that the coaches that are fired are praised so highly by their former boss(es).
Afraid of lawsuits? Former employers as to businesses can't say much either.

Top Bottom