2018 Minnesota Vikings Off-Season Thread

Vikings better have Cousins locked up if all three of these guys are truly gone.

Oh.....and the Packers signed Jimmy Graham and cut Jordy Nelson. Surprising!

Did you miss the 8,000 reports today about Cousins agreeing to terms with the Vikings?

Did you miss the 8,000 reports today about Cousins agreeing to terms with the Vikings?

I've seen "likely to sign" and "plans to sign" but nothing concrete. Unless you have 8,000 other reports.

I've seen "likely to sign" and "plans to sign" but nothing concrete. Unless you have 8,000 other reports.

The same is true for Keenum, Bridgewater and Bradford. Nothing is legal until tomorrow.

Whoa!!

Vikings trading with the Broncos to get Trevor Siemian for backup QB. I kind of like it, he's a serviceable backup that can probably fill the void if Cousins ever missed a SHORT period of time. Smart guy, fairly mobile, plenty of starts under his belt, he's as good a QB as they could scrap up at this point.

Whoa!!

Vikings trading with the Broncos to get Trevor Siemian for backup QB. I kind of like it, he's a serviceable backup that can probably fill the void if Cousins ever missed a SHORT period of time. Smart guy, fairly mobile, plenty of starts under his belt, he's as good a QB as they could scrap up at this point.

He's also cheap which is what they need after the big contact with Cousins.

Pretty cool to see Cousins talk about so much in his press conference on ESPN. Mentioned how we beat him on Halloween.

Isn't Richardson a presence that we don't need around here? We could us a DT, but not a butthole DT.

Someone driving 140 in a car with 2 other adults and a 12-year-old. All of whom smell like weed with a loaded hand gun under the seat.

Charges always sound really, really bad. The fact there was no jail time buts it in perspective. I would say butthole is a fair description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Define butthole?

Someone driving 140 in a car with 2 other adults and a 12-year-old. All of whom smell like weed with a loaded hand gun under the seat.

You didn’t bite, very disappointing. He was looking to use the word “uppity” again I think when he threw that question out there. Disappointing you wouldn’t play along

You didn’t bite, very disappointing. He was looking to use the word “uppity” again I think when he threw that question out there. Disappointing you wouldn’t play along

Naahhhh, I was looking for clarification. Gopherguy easily provided a more than reasonable one. People who aren’t racist have no problem NOT sounding like one.

I'd be thrilled to land Richardson.

Agreed, you have to play interior lineman in rotation do to the constant double teams and risk of injury. Interior lineman who collapse the pocket and prevent the QB from stepping up to avoid the outside pass rush are gold.

Latavious Murray has agreed to re-structure his contract clearing more cap space.

Sounds like the Richardson deal is coming together.

Souhan: Bar is high but Vikings made right move with Cousins

Did the Vikings make the right decision?

The bar will be set high. Cousins is taking over a team that went to the NFC title game. But I think they made the right call.

There have been four 4,000-yard passing seasons in Vikings history. Cousins has produced three in the last three seasons.

He arrives in Minnesota with much to prove, but any consternation surrounding his signing should be considered silly.

Is he being overpaid? Yes. That’s the way free agency works. But the Vikings can afford to pay him and keep most if not all of their other quality players, and paying a proven starting quarterback keeps them from investing a top draft pick and years of development on a young quarterback who may not be able to help this team win.

Is he better than Case Keenum? Cousins produced three 4,000-yard passing seasons before turning 30, while proving remarkably durable. Keenum has put together one good NFL season and is 30. Even those who fell hard for Keenum this season should recognize the difference in resumes.

Is Cousins a star? Not yet. In the NFL, you become a star at quarterback by winning big games. Cousins hasn’t done that. Nor has he played with a particularly good team.

http://www.startribune.com/souhan-bar-is-high-but-vikings-made-right-move-with-cousins/477007273/

Skol Vikes!!

We'll see how it all works out. If the Vikes win a Super Bowl with Cousins, then every dollar was well spent. Having Cook back will help - but I still have questions/qualms about the OL. I would like to see them add another solid OT.

Next year's schedule is definitely tougher, so it's possible the Vikings could actually play better, but not have a better record. Ideally, you would like to have home-field advantage all the way through the playoffs, but that will not be easy. And there are so many things that can happen - injuries, etc.

The Vikes are going all in, and raising the expectations. Now, they have to live up to those expectations on the field. we will see. and Paul Allen will be screaming at the top of his lungs no matter what happens. (prompting the question - which TC media person is more in love with themselves - Paul Allen or Dave Lee?)

I would much rather the Vikings upgrade the offensive line first then worry about the 11th spot on defense. Our defensive line is a top 10 unit. Our offensive line according to pro football focus performed in the mid 20's overall. If you pay Richardson very good money, you won't be able to extend both linebackers and Hunter.

Latavious Murray has agreed to re-structure his contract clearing more cap space.

Sounds like the Richardson deal is coming together.

I would much rather the Vikings upgrade the offensive line first then worry about the 11th spot on defense. Our defensive line is a top 10 unit. Our offensive line according to pro football focus performed in the mid 20's overall. If you pay Richardson very good money, you won't be able to extend both linebackers and Hunter.

It could be a short one or two year deal and we have the entire draft to address O-line to find a potential starter and backup. We can still restructure or cut Robison as well as Michael Floyd to clear up cap space and we could cut Sharif Floyd, Stephen or Tom Johnson. Stephen and Johnson would likely get 3-4 million each so maybe they'd prefer to just put their eggs in the Richardson basket.

I'm with you. When the O line got nicked toward the end of the season, there went the Vikes' Super Bowl chances. Their health and depth are the key to the coming season.

I'm with you. When the O line got nicked toward the end of the season, there went the Vikes' Super Bowl chances. Their health and depth are the key to the coming season.

There aren't that many great quality guards out there, the Giants already snagged Nate Solder and we have the first two rounds of the draft to find a quality lineman or two.

There aren't that many great quality guards out there, the Giants already snagged Nate Solder and we have the first two rounds of the draft to find a quality lineman or two.

If they draft as well as they did last year, that could be the answer. But that's a big if.

75% of the comments on this tweet is from Philly fans. How big of an idiot to you need to be to comment on everything the Vikings related?

Vikings should use every draft choice on o-lineman. Odds are a few of them should be good

Top Bottom