2018 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

For a Viking/Packer hater, this season has been a joy.

Purple Pride! Skol!

I would like someone on the Vikings coaching staff to explain why Bryan Witzmann is good enough to start at guard for the Bears, yet could not even make the Vikings active roster. When you've got freaking Tom Compton and Mike Remmers as your starting guards.

I would like someone on the Vikings coaching staff to explain why Bryan Witzmann is good enough to start at guard for the Bears, yet could not even make the Vikings active roster. When you've got freaking Tom Compton and Mike Remmers as your starting guards.
Coaching

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Highest paid player in the history of the NFL is now 4-25 against teams with a winning record.

Come sail away
Come sail away
With me, lads!
611abb22875b7cf863e4d8753d586ba1.jpg

This is the best thing that could have happened for Wiggins, Thibs and Taylor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just don’t get it. I don’t get how this town can’t put together a playoff team in any sport. I just don’t get it anymore

I just don’t get it. I don’t get how this town can’t put together a playoff team in any sport. I just don’t get it anymore

Hiring people poor at putting together winning sports teams is the main reason. I figured this ending was a reasonable possibility as soon as they wasted their money on a mediocre QB they didn’t need, and did nothing to address the main problem (O line). The front office and Zimmer need to be replaced asap, or we are in for a future of losing seasons. The worst thing they could have done was win 2 of the last 3 to drop in the draft order. They accomplished that, too. Awful.

Hiring people poor at putting together winning sports teams is the main reason. I figured this ending was a reasonable possibility as soon as they wasted their money on a mediocre QB they didn’t need, and did nothing to address the main problem (O line). The front office and Zimmer need to be replaced asap, or we are in for a future of losing seasons. The worst thing they could have done was win 2 of the last 3 to drop in the draft order. They accomplished that, too. Awful.
This^^^

The O Line has been degrading over the last few years. They get beat like a rented mule on a weekly basis.

Time to clean house, GM on down. These guys embarrassed themselves all year.

Bears are stupid as hell to not throw this game though. They could have sent this mediocre team to the playoffs instead of the red-hot defending champs. They might be as dumb as the Queens.

Damn good point![emoji1531][emoji1531][emoji1531]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can you not get up for a game like this? Another Zimmer team looks terrible in an important game. No fire, no enthusiasm. The OL couldn’t even block their backups. I’m happy I shouldn’t have to see Remmers playing anymore.

Chip: Blame for Vikings missing playoffs can start with Kirk Cousins

He was supposed to be the missing piece, the $84 million answer to a championship drought. The Vikings signed Kirk Cousins to a historic contract in free agency with a crystal clear vision in mind. Build on the Minneapolis Miracle.

Instead, Cousins played a starring role in the Minneapolis Whimper.

No playoffs, no championship, nothing but frustration after watching the offense thoroughly manhandled by a ferocious Chicago Bears defense in a pack-your-bags 24-10 loss Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium.

Knowing a win put them in the postseason, the Vikings offense offered a feeble performance that exposed many of the same issues that sabotaged the second half of their underachieving season.

That started with their quarterback.

Cousins flopped at the worst possible moment. He wasn’t alone in futility, but he stands out by virtue of his position and his stature as the $84 million quarterback.

Cousins passed for only 132 yards and one touchdown while posting a 79.4 rating. His longest completion was 18 yards.

http://www.startribune.com/blame-for-vikings-missing-playoffs-can-start-with-kirk-cousins/503695152/

Skol Vikes!!

The local press should ask the Vikings to explain this - while they're on break from trolling P.J. Fleck, of course. The answer probably has something to do with how John Sullivan is starting for the Rams after the Vikings discarded him.

Is it safe to say that Stefanski has gone from shoo-in to candidate?

The local press should ask the Vikings to explain this - while they're on break from trolling P.J. Fleck, of course. The answer probably has something to do with how John Sullivan is starting for the Rams after the Vikings discarded him.

Is it safe to say that Stefanski has gone from shoo-in to candidate?

Yes. His star has been somewhat dimmed.

Top Bottom