2016 Schedule looks a LOT easier

Don't like having a bye in the 3rd week of the season.

It looks like that Maryland game might possibly be MEA week for the kids. That might be the perfect time for a family roadtrip.

Nine Big Ten games and only 3 non-conference? Plus we lose Ohio St. and TCU off it and get both Rutgers and Maryland.
I like it - plus Leidner will be a senior and hopefully at his best - we have a very favorable schedule next year and hopefully we can capitalize on it!!

Looking at the 2016 schedule makes me think one thing: we must keep the Jug this year. With Michigan off the slate, it would be an amazing thing for the Jug to make itself comfy in Dinkytown for a good while.

The only downsides to that schedule at all are the really early bye week and the fact that we play 5 conference road games and 4 conference home games. Outside of that it is a very favorable schedule and as someone else said hopefully we can capitalize on it.

The B1G office must have gotten confused and given us Iowa's schedule by mistake.

The only downsides to that schedule at all are the really early bye week and the fact that we play 5 conference road games and 4 conference home games. Outside of that it is a very favorable schedule and as someone else said hopefully we can capitalize on it.
I believe the entire West Division has 4 home games and 5 road, and it flips 5 and 4 the next year though with different opponents.

Just maybe we will play Indiana again someday. It still blows my mind that they will not have played in TCF until its 10th year, and between 2009 and 2019 we will have only played them twice.

It looks like that Maryland game might possibly be MEA week for the kids. That might be the perfect time for a family roadtrip.

I don't believe that's a bye? I think it just needs to be scheduled yet, fill in with a lowly nobody likely... Arkansas State?

I see between 10-2 and 12-0 (hopefully) We could lose the @ nebby and sconnie, or run the table..

I don't believe that's a bye? I think it just needs to be scheduled yet, fill in with a lowly nobody likely... Arkansas State?

I see between 10-2 and 12-0 (hopefully) We could lose the @ nebby and sconnie, or run the table..
There's already 12 games on the schedule. Unless they are going to 13 and I missed it.

September bye weeks are going to be much more common across the Big Ten, at least initially.

The Gophers have every game scheduled through 2018 -- as of now, we are still scheduled to open the 2019 season against South Dakota State and travel to Fresno State the following week. Not sure if we can keep SDSU with the new Big Ten rules. In 2020 we host New Mexico State and Miami (Ohio), and with that being a year we'll play five conference road games, you can bet we'll add another non-con home game. 2021-22 is our home-and-home with Colorado.

Sad thing is we lose all of our starting DBs... and so far it seems our run D isn't all that great. So the D as a whole next year will be suspect. Hopefully Claeys can get the young guys up to speed this year.

MEA is the 20-21 next year, so Rutgers at home.

Sad thing is we lose all of our starting DBs... and so far it seems our run D isn't all that great. So the D as a whole next year will be suspect. Hopefully Claeys can get the young guys up to speed this year.

The cookies are on the shelf.

That 2021 game against Colorado looks like a great road trip. Cheap plane tickets and a chance to visit the mountains.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

While it's tough to replace four NFL Prospects. I would say Myrick, James and Rogers have proven to be capable back ups. McGee and the walk on from Blaine have been solid at the safety position as well. Believe most of the front seven will be back next year

I hope we can add some defensive linemen to this recruiting class. Gophers lose Cockran and Alex Keith after this year and will be losing the Ekpe brothers after next year.

Not to mention Becky gets crushed with their crossover matchups of Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State

Unfortunately Iowa still has an easy schedule, but these next 2 years give us a fantastic chance to win the West

Not to mention Becky gets crushed with their crossover matchups of Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State

Unfortunately Iowa still has an easy schedule, but these next 2 years give us a fantastic chance to win the West

That is awesome! Couldn't happen to a better squad. Given the way Michigan looks at the moment that will most likely put them up against the top 3 in the East.

That is awesome, its much deserved after their easy cross conference games this year and last year.

That is awesome, its much deserved after their easy cross conference games this year and last year.

The difference is that Badger fans hate the weak crossover games and are dying for some marquee matchups. We had a great rivalry burgeoning with MSU and then they were off the schedule. Likewise with OSU - that series was very competitive in the recent past until the absolute shellacking they put on the Badgers in the championship game.

Also haven't played Michigan in forever, and they've been horrendous the last 4 years.

I'll trade Maryland and Rutgers for any mix of MSU, UM, OSU every day.

I'm moving out East to Connecticut next year so those Maryland and Penn St games are both road trip possibilities for me. Still holding out hope that the Gophers get either the Holiday Bowl or Rose Bowl (dreaming I know) while I am here in SoCal this year.

Nice to look ahead, but let's enjoy the next 8 (hopefully 10) games this season!

Just maybe we will play Indiana again someday. It still blows my mind that they will not have played in TCF until its 10th year, and between 2009 and 2019 we will have only played them twice.

I loved going to Indiana in 2013. It's a shame we don't go to Indiana for a while.

Top Bottom