2014 Football Jerseys @ Goldy's Locker Room

Winni...the most outrageous "personal" jersey said on the back: 138. Lunch 4 4.

We have a number of Gopher jerseys in our family.

All but 2 (ironically both are our son's) have numbers of MN kids.

We wear them because we enjoy wearing Maroon / Gold and it we liked the fact the numbers belong or belonged to MN Kids.

Personally, I don't wear them because it "makes me closer to the game" or "brings me back to the good 'ol days" or "gives the feeling of when I played".

I wear them because they are maroon and gold and because those kids chose MINNESOTA. Further, I wear sweatshirts, t-shirts, and coats that say MINNESOTA on them.

Side Note to CP Gopher: This year, we are getting new jerseys that have a players' name on it. Before passing judgement on others about it "creeping" you out, please keep in mind that many people who wear those are close to the kid or have an association somehow with the kid on the team. It is not their intent to be "creepy". It is their intent to show support for the kid on his academic and athletic journey.
I don't mention this to start an argument with you or anyone else. Just wanted people to keep in mind that there are many reasons behind why fans wear a jersey with a Gopher kids' name on the back. (If that makes sense?)

+1. Great post!

Answering those I touched a nerve with...
My apologies. I'll alter my original statement and say it's okay to wear a jersey with a player name on the back if you're a relative or under the age of 16.
I have bought exactly one beer at a Gopher football game. I have a few from a liquor store while tailgating. I also have a flask.
I have lots of Minnesota Gopher apparel. I just don't wear jerseys with a player name on the back.

Top Bottom