2014-15 Big Ten Schedule Updates

Penn State and George Washington have agreed to a home and home for the next two seasons. The first game will be on Dec. 14 in Happy Valley.

NIT Season Tip-Off update: Saint Joe's and Stony Brook with Saint John's

Per CBS' Jon Rothstein, Saint Joseph's and Stony Brook will be in the Saint John's pod. That actually has the makings of a pretty decent pod with one team still TBD.

Hoping the Gophers' 4-team pod will have at least one decent opponent.

Per Big Apple Buckets, Maryland will host Monmouth as part of the CBE Classic. The possible opponents for the other non-bracketed game are Central Connecticut State, Towson and Western Carolina.

Per CBS' Jon Rothstein, Saint Joseph's and Stony Brook will be in the Saint John's pod. That actually has the makings of a pretty decent pod with one team still TBD.

Hoping the Gophers' 4-team pod will have at least one decent opponent.

It seems to me that the NIT Season Tip-Off really tries to keep the travel to a minimum for the visiting teams. They had a lot of trouble getting teams to commit last year, so that was probably why Fairleigh Dickinson and Rhode Island got shipped out to Arizona. I would venture a guess that Western Kentucky will probably be in the Georgia pod. There will probably be some Midwest teams in the Gophers' pod, maybe a Summit League or Missouri Valley team. I hope you don't get stuck with a non-D1 team, seeing as there were actually 2 in last year's tournament.

It seems to me that the NIT Season Tip-Off really tries to keep the travel to a minimum for the visiting teams. They had a lot of trouble getting teams to commit last year, so that was probably why Fairleigh Dickinson and Rhode Island got shipped out to Arizona. I would venture a guess that Western Kentucky will probably be in the Georgia pod. There will probably be some Midwest teams in the Gophers' pod, maybe a Summit League or Missouri Valley team. I hope you don't get stuck with a non-D1 team, seeing as there were actually 2 in last year's tournament.

Yes, absolutely hoping no non-DI teams are stuck in the Gophers' pod. That would suck.

A Horizon League team is another possibility, or maybe one of the former NCC schools now in the Big Sky (UND, Northern Colorado)?

Illinois to play Oregon @ United Center

Dec. 13.

Kinda' a home game for Illini, but technically a neutral site.

Rutgers announced their home opponents for this season, both in and out of conference. They will host Fairleigh Dickinson on Nov. 19. Their home games for the Barclays Center Classic are against St. Francis (NY) on Nov. 23 and St. Peter's on Nov. 25. St. Francis (PA) will visit the RAC on Dec. 20, and Sacred Heart will be there on Dec. 23.

The Cancun Challenge has announced their field. The other host teams aside from Northwestern are Miami (Ohio), Northern Iowa and Virginia Tech. Northwestern will host two of the four visiting teams, which are Elon, Liberty, Morgan State and North Florida.

According to miamihawktalk.com, Miami (Ohio) will be playing Ohio State in Columbus, but at Nationwide Arena instead of Value City.

Huskers-Creighton date set

Nebraska will host in-state rival Creighton on Dec. 7. Huskers now with 2 solid home opponents (also Cincinnati).

Two Big Ten teams will play Brown

Illinois will host Brown on Nov. 24 as part of Las Vegas Invitational.

Northwestern will travel to Providence to play the Bears on Nov. 17.

Games added above to teams' schedules.

Northwestern released their nonconference schedule today. Unfortunately there is no Stanford on the slate for this year, even though I had read in a few places that they were scheduled to meet. Anyway, their season opener is at home against Houston Baptist on Nov. 14. After the game at Brown, their home games for the Cancun Challenge will be on Nov. 20 and 22, although the opponents for those games haven't been announced. The pairings in Cancun haven't been announced either. After the games against Georgia Tech and Butler, they will close out the schedule with 5 straight home games. They play Mississippi Valley State on Dec. 14, Central Michigan on Dec. 17, Western Michigan on Dec. 20, Illinois-Chicago on Dec. 22 and Northern Kentucky on Dec. 27.

Thanks.

Just give me a heads-up if a schedule has been released. I'll do the rest!

Northwestern non-con sked released & updated above. 1 NCAA qualifier (Western Michigan) on the Wildcats slate.

Thanks.

Just give me a heads-up if a schedule has been released. I'll do the rest!

Sure, no problem. By the way, I noticed in Northwestern's press release about their schedule that the three other teams joining them in Cancun were Virginia Tech, Northern Iowa, and UCF. I had noted earlier that Miami (OH) was supposed to be the 4th team, so this is kind of puzzling. Making it even more strange is that if you go here: http://www.triplecrownsports.com/cancun/cancun.asp?eventid=34, it says that Miami is in.

Sure, no problem. By the way, I noticed in Northwestern's press release about their schedule that the three other teams joining them in Cancun were Virginia Tech, Northern Iowa, and UCF. I had noted earlier that Miami (OH) was supposed to be the 4th team, so this is kind of puzzling. Making it even more strange is that if you go here: http://www.triplecrownsports.com/cancun/cancun.asp?eventid=34, it says that Miami is in.

Thanks. For now it's probably best we trust Northwestern's press release. The lesser teams in these tournaments seem to change daily.

Wisconsin will host Chattanooga on Nov. 16 in a non-bracketed game of the Battle 4 Atlantis.

Found an article by Scott Dochterman of the Cedar Rapids Gazette detailing most of Iowa's nonconference schedule. They will host Northern Illinois on Nov. 26, Longwood on Nov. 29, Maryland-Baltimore County on Dec. 6, Alcorn State on Dec. 9, and North Florida on Dec. 22.

Northwestern will host North Florida on Nov. 20 and Elon on Nov. 22 as part of the Cancun Challenge. They also posted on their men's basketball twitter feed that Miami (OH) has indeed replaced UCF in the event.

Per an omaha.com article, Nebraska will host Nebraska-Omaha on Nov. 25.

It appears Utah @ Wisconsin game is off.

Utah has one game left to schedule, but it appears it will be Nov. 18 @ San Diego State and not @ Wisconsin as previously reported.

Illinois will host Austin Peay on Nov. 21 as part of the Las Vegas Invitational.

Let's go Peay

Illinois will host Austin Peay on Nov. 21 as part of the Las Vegas Invitational.

A rematch of sorts.

Austin Peay's upset of Illinois in the 1987 NCAA tourney helped make Dicky V and the "Let's go Peay" cheer famous. famous. Vitale said he'd stand on his head if Peay beat Illinois, and that's exactly what happened.

Gophers vs. UND & USD?

Unofficial, but saw a couple different reports that the Gophers will host both the UND Fighting Sioux (Big Sky) and the South Dakota 'Yotes (Summit League) as part of their 2014-15 schedule. UND has advanced to the Big Sky Tournament semifinals and finals, respectively, the last two seasons.

South Dakota State, a regular on the Gophers schedule, also still a possibility.

For now will add to Gophers' schedule, will do more digging for more confirmation.

Top Bottom