2013 Football Schedule

Parski1

Banned
Reaction score
I like this years schedule with great home games...So how about we can get off to a fast start at (4-0) and then take the Pig back at home. Maybe then losing three in a row to Mich, NW and Neb. Recovering by winning 3 out of last 4 and putting the Axe back in our trophy case at home. So (8-4) and a J1 Bowl game. C'mon....we can do that!

TBA 08/29/13 vs. UNLV TCF Bank Stadium
TBA 09/07/13 at New Mexico State Las Cruces, N.M.
TBA 09/14/13 vs. Western Illinois TCF Bank Stadium
TBA 09/21/13 vs. San Jose State TCF Bank Stadium
TBA 09/28/13 vs. Iowa * TCF Bank Stadium
TBA 10/05/13 at Michigan * Ann Arbor, Mich.
TBA 10/19/13 at Northwestern * Evanston, Ill.
TBA 10/26/13 vs. Nebraska * TCF Bank Stadium
TBA 11/02/13 at Indiana * Bloomington, Ind.
TBA 11/09/13 vs. Penn State *TCF Bank Stadium
TBA 11/23/13 vs. Wisconsin *TCF Bank Stadium
TBA 11/30/13 at Michigan State * East Lansing, Mich. TBA

We have a bit of a quirk in the schedule this year as we'll have four weeks in between home games. We host Iowa on 9/28 and then don't play home again until 10/26.

Go Gophers!!

I like that we have two bye weeks. I also like opening with a Thursday night game to give the team nine days before the 2nd game. Although it will be tough, I think we have a chance to take the Michigan and/or NW game.

Go Gophers!

OT: Bart Miller is the new OL coach at New Mexico State

@jaypo1961
2 get it right: X #Badgers OL coach Bart Miller IS going to New Mexico State to coach OL. He played at New Mexico.

Here are my predictions.

TBA 08/29/13 vs. UNLV TCF Bank Stadium WIN
TBA 09/07/13 at New Mexico State Las Cruces, N.M. WIN
TBA 09/14/13 vs. Western Illinois TCF Bank Stadium WIN
TBA 09/21/13 vs. San Jose State TCF Bank Stadium Win
TBA 09/28/13 vs. Iowa * TCF Bank Stadium WIN
TBA 10/05/13 at Michigan * Ann Arbor, Mich. LOSS
TBA 10/19/13 at Northwestern * Evanston, Ill. Win
TBA 10/26/13 vs. Nebraska * TCF Bank Stadium LOSS
TBA 11/02/13 at Indiana * Bloomington, Ind. WIN
TBA 11/09/13 vs. Penn State *TCF Bank Stadium LOSS
TBA 11/23/13 vs. Wisconsin *TCF Bank Stadium WIN
TBA 11/30/13 at Michigan State * East Lansing, Mich. LOSS

I am sure I will get ripped for my picks, but think the Gophers will be improved and will throw up a fight to most of the BIG 10.

Here are my predictions.

I am sure I will get ripped for my picks, but think the Gophers will be improved and will throw up a fight to most of the BIG 10.

Nobody ever gets ripped on GopherHole.

I think we can continue to improve, but not having Purdue and Illinois on the schedule, our two conference wins this year, concerns me. 3-5 is a must. Gotta show at least minimal progress.

Here are my predictions.

You are pretty close to what I would predict based on schedule alone without seeing anyone in action. I might flip the NW game to a Loss though. I think Indiana and Penn State will the key games to how the season goes on the whole, tough to say what PSU will look like and frankly I don't think a win at IU is a sure thing based on how they played this past season.

From a high level standpoint I see us 5-3 after the Nebraska game. Of the 4 left after that 2-2 seems reasonable, all 4 are probably winnable but right now I would put most of those down as tossups.

You are pretty close to what I would predict based on schedule alone without seeing anyone in action. I might flip the NW game to a Loss though. I think Indiana and Penn State will the key games to how the season goes on the whole, tough to say what PSU will look like and frankly I don't think a win at IU is a sure thing based on how they played this past season.

From a high level standpoint I see us 5-3 after the Nebraska game. Of the 4 left after that 2-2 seems reasonable, all 4 are probably winnable but right now I would put most of those down as tossups.

I think a 7-5 season is highly achievable. They should've won against NW last season. Who knows, maybe the stars will align this year in favor of the Gophers in a couple of toss up games.

Here are my predictions.

Puff, puff, pass brotha. I want some of what you're smokin. I think we'll be lucky to see 7 wins, and I expect 6.

That's about it.

It's NOT that far fetched! Remember how much the team grew last year especially physically. Couple that with yet another year in the weight room, fresh faces, year 2 with Nelson, etc... I'm not going to to sit here and say 8 wins right now, guaranteed, but I will hold off on my judgement until I see what we have come spring ball.

Last years spring ball was miles ahead of the year before so I am really excited to see them out on the field this spring! Remember, there are always a couple of surprises each year i.e. Wells and Carter last year. Maybe Cockran and Edwards start to get it, Manuel makes strides, McDonald gets his Sh*t straight, who knows!

San Jose State won't be easy. We will still have depth problems, so keeping free of injuries is the key. Not any key injuries, 6-7 wins. We get beat up, 4-6 wins.

Sad that 6 wins is the expectation given the pathetic non-conference schedule. But I'd say 8 wins is the ceiling, 7 wins is good, 6 is acceptable. Anything less than that is an F.

I like the Thursday game before Labor Day. There are a lot of people out of town that weekend, having it on Thursday means they won't have to choose between the last weekend on the lake and the Gophers.

IMO the biggest key to whether we get 6 wins or 8 wins is the O-line. If they can block Big Ten defenses the same way they did against TT, 8 wins should happen. If not, we'll be around 6 wins.

Sadly you don't want your first New Mexico experience to be Las Cruces, it is a dump. Go to Santa Fe if you want to come away with a positive impression.

What is the best route of travel to Las Cruces from the Twin Cities area? Fly into El Paso? I didn't realize it was so close to Juarez...nothing like taking your wife on a get-away trip to beautiful Mexico and being able to catch a Gophers game only an hour away!

Flying in to El Paso is the closest airport to Las Cruces and do not under any circumstances go to Juarez. It is insanely violent at all times of day.

Juarez. Walked over a couple of times when were there for the Sun Bowl. Daytime was fine.
Had a great time at the famous Kentucky Club.

What is the best route of travel to Las Cruces from the Twin Cities area? Fly into El Paso? I didn't realize it was so close to Juarez...nothing like taking your wife on a get-away trip to beautiful Mexico and being able to catch a Gophers game only an hour away!

You really know how to treat a lady :)

We have a bit of a quirk in the schedule this year as we'll have four weeks in between home games. We host Iowa on 9/28 and then don't play home again until 10/26.

Go Gophers!!

Didn't we have a couple week break this year as well? Like 3-4 weeks? Maybe that is just because I missed a home game in October and it's just me. :)

I like this years schedule with great home games...So how about we can get off to a fast start at (4-0) and then take the Pig back at home. Maybe then losing three in a row to Mich, NW and Neb. Recovering by winning 3 out of last 4 and putting the Axe back in our trophy case at home. So (8-4) and a J1 Bowl game. C'mon....we can do that!

TBA 08/29/13 vs. UNLV TCF Bank Stadium
TBA 09/07/13 at New Mexico State Las Cruces, N.M.
TBA 09/14/13 vs. Western Illinois TCF Bank Stadium
TBA 09/21/13 vs. San Jose State TCF Bank Stadium
TBA 09/28/13 vs. Iowa * TCF Bank Stadium
TBA 10/05/13 at Michigan * Ann Arbor, Mich.
TBA 10/19/13 at Northwestern * Evanston, Ill.
TBA 10/26/13 vs. Nebraska * TCF Bank Stadium
TBA 11/02/13 at Indiana * Bloomington, Ind.
TBA 11/09/13 vs. Penn State *TCF Bank Stadium
TBA 11/23/13 vs. Wisconsin *TCF Bank Stadium
TBA 11/30/13 at Michigan State * East Lansing, Mich. TBA

Did I dream this or is the first game the same time as the State Fair?

Here are my predictions.

I can totally see this and agree with it. I will reserve judgement and take it one game at a time though. :)

Did I dream this or is the first game the same time as the State Fair?

Someone can probably explain it in more detail, but I believe that the U didn't renew the contract. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Back on subject. I'm looking at 7 wins as a good year. I thought 6 this year would be good, 7 next year, and 8+ the following.

Definitely going to consider it a down year if we repeat 6 wins. I think 7 shows steady progress, I would consider 8 the same kind of pleasant surprise that I thought 6 would be this year. If we repeat at 2-6, I'm going to be pretty ticked. 25% is a horrendous conference record, and we've had it three times in a row.

Top Bottom