2011 GopherHole Donation Drive, Big Changes Coming to GH!

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Dear GopherHole Community,

Thank you all for another great year. Thanks to you we almost doubled our traffic in the past 12 months! We can't tell you how much we appreciate all of you.

We remain committed to preserving GopherHole as a 100% free board and continue to invest back into the site. We are able to do this through the generous donations of you all and we are so thankful for that. We are asking you to consider donating to GopherHole.com. You can either do this via our donation page where you can pay via PayPal or you can send us a check. If you would like to send us a check, please e-mail [email protected] and we will give you our address. Here is the page to donate:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=Donations

What your donations have helped pay for:
• Upgraded message boards
• Over 175 FREE recruiting articles since Chris Monter joined our staff
• SelectionSunday's incredible basketball analysis and insight
• JB Bauer's in-depth player and team analysis
• Nadine Babu's constant work
• Where are they Now? pieces
• Most excitingly, thanks to your generous donations, we will soon unveil a new GopherHole that we have been working tirelessly on behind the scenes for the past six months.

One new option this year - if anyone donates $100 or more, we will turn off the ads on the message boards for you for the year. This will speed up the page loading and you will be 100% ad free. Please note, we can only disable ads on the message boards, so you will continue to see ads while viewing the content portion of GopherHole. In order to view the message boards ad free you must:

• Log in, and remain logged into the message boards with the username you submitted when donating.

• If you currently do not have a username on the message boards, you must register for one first and remain logged in.

• If you were to Log Out or use a computer that you aren't signed in on, the ads will show. But if you donate $100 or more and are signed in, the GopherHole message boards will be ad free for you. You can also choose the automatic withdrawal option, which is only $8.33/month!

Thanks for your consideration and thanks for making GopherHole a fantastic place to share our passion for the U!

Sincerely,

GopherHole Staff

Okay, it's time for some of you to get off your tail and pony up some cash!

Some of our members are on this board so much they should be paying RENT. Let's get it together and offer up a few sheckles for a worthy cause. I just threw in mine, and was more than happy to do so.

GH contiues to get better and better! Bar none the best site for Gopher sports and it's free!!!

Okay, it's time for some of you to get off your tail and pony up some cash!

Some of our members are on this board so much they should be paying RENT. Let's get it together and offer up a few sheckles for a worthy cause. I just threw in mine, and was more than happy to do so.

Lol, rent!? That is true. I think many of you guys are on here more than even I am....which is a lot. What is the going rate for rent these days anyways?

In all seriousness, thank you so much for your generous donation. It really means a lot to us.

GH contiues to get better and better! Bar none the best site for Gopher sports and it's free!!!

Thank you! We're trying! We've never had this many articles, or posters....hope the posters are as generous as Ogee :).

The GopherHole Staff message at the top of this thread covered much of what they do to make this site what it is today, and as they said exciting things await us. GopherHole is the first stop for a lot of Gopher and non-Gopher fans to visit for information and opinions related to Gopher athletics . . . and it's free!! That said, a great product can become even better with some financial support. So, as a long time member, I, too, encourage you to support GopherHole as you see fit. I'm confident a donaton of any size would be welcomed and put to good use.

For the past six years, I've conducted a GopherHole Survey shrotly after LOI Signing Day. I plan to do so again in mid -February. The survey has proved to be insightful, interesting and helpful, for many of the respondents suggestions have been adopted by the GopherHole Staff and, as a result, we now enjoy technical upgrades and expanded content. It's nice to be heard and listened to, isn't it?

FWIW, I mailed in my annual donation, today. I hope you will make a financial contribution, too.

Kudos and congrats to the GopherHole Staff for putting out a great product.

Go Gophers!!

The GopherHole Staff message at the top of this thread covered much of what they do to make this site what it is today, and as they said exciting things await us. GopherHole is the first stop for a lot of Gopher and non-Gopher fans to visit for information and opinions related to Gopher athletics . . . and it's free!! That said, a great product can become even better with some financial support. So, as a long time member, I, too, encourage you to support GopherHole as you see fit. I'm confident a donaton of any size would be welcomed and put to good use.

For the past six years, I've conducted a GopherHole Survey shrotly after LOI Signing Day. I plan to do so again in mid -February. The survey has proved to be insightful, interesting and helpful, for many of the respondents suggestions have been adopted by the GopherHole Staff and, as a result, we now enjoy technical upgrades and expanded content. It's nice to be heard and listened to, isn't it?

FWIW, I mailed in my annual donation, today. I hope you will make a financial contribution, too.

Kudos and congrats to the GopherHole Staff for putting out a great product.

Go Gophers!!

Wow, DL - that was totally unnecessary....you should be getting paid for doing such a phenomenal job on the survey. I have no idea how you compile all the results! We appreciate you so much!!!

Without you - we would have no idea what to give our readers, they should thank you for all of that!

Although I don't post often I very much appreciate my reading time on Gopher Hole. Fantastic site and it keeps me going year 'round for my Gopher fixation. Keep up the great work!

Any chance of Gopherhole doing t-shirts to raise money and advertise the site? I would wear mine with GH pride!!!

Although I don't post often I very much appreciate my reading time on Gopher Hole. Fantastic site and it keeps me going year 'round for my Gopher fixation. Keep up the great work!

My sentiments exactly. I just donated! :eek:

I'll donate again, but I am still waiting for my "Who Hates Iowa" TShirt I supposedly won in a drawing last year.:cry:

Really appreciate your kind words! You seem normal, you should post more! :)

Any chance of Gopherhole doing t-shirts to raise money and advertise the site? I would wear mine with GH pride!!!

That's a tough one, because with something like that people seem excited, but when it comes time to buy them, they don't. We don't want a huge shipment sitting in our basements. If there was a great demand, we could consider it....

My sentiments exactly. I just donated! :eek:

Thank you so much!!!!

I'll donate again, but I am still waiting for my "Who Hates Iowa" TShirt I supposedly won in a drawing last year.:cry:

Now I feel horrible, I never want to make a grown many cry :(. This is completely my fault, and as Parski knows, I am the worse, ever at mail. Bleed is going to be mailing out your shirt, Parski. Les - if you're at the IL game, I'll throw in a gold t-shirt and a beer if you pick it up at our tailgate right outside the stadium. If you won't be there, pls resend me your addresses, and I'll have Bleed send yours out too.

I'm really weird with mail, it's one of my biggest fears, like cats. Can't stand getting it - unless it's a check, that is ;)

Really appreciate your kind words! You seem normal, you should post more! :)

I just might do that. But there's a notable quote (notable for me anyway) from the movie Slapshot about being normal - but I can't repeat it here.

Now I feel horrible, I never want to make a grown many cry :(. This is completely my fault, and as Parski knows, I am the worse, ever at mail. Bleed is going to be mailing out your shirt, Parski. Les - if you're at the IL game, I'll throw in a gold t-shirt and a beer if you pick it up at our tailgate right outside the stadium. If you won't be there, pls resend me your addresses, and I'll have Bleed send yours out too.

Never got mine last year either.

Anyway, I think taxing the 1% that post on the off-topic board would be a good start. #OccupyOffTopic

Never got mine last year either.

Anyway, I think taxing the 1% that post on the off-topic board would be a good start. #OccupyOffTopic

Please email me your address too! I think there's one more I didn't send out....and offer stands for you too - if you don't make me mail it and pick it up on Saturday (or at a bball game) I'll throw in an extra shirt!

Please email me your address too! I think there's one more I didn't send out....and offer stands for you too - if you don't make me mail it and pick it up on Saturday (or at a bball game) I'll throw in an extra shirt!

I'll swing by the Ski U Mah lot before the football game to pick it up Saturday

Maybe this is a dumb question - but is GopherHole not-for-profit? Just wondering if anyone is making money off of it - because then your "donations" are really more of an access fee than a donation.

What, and cover up your DON'T READ REUSSE t-shirt.

No way.:)

Maybe this is a dumb question - but is GopherHole not-for-profit? Just wondering if anyone is making money off of it - because then your "donations" are really more of an access fee than a donation.

Not a dumb question at all, thank you for asking. To clarify, GH is not a non-profit. The reason we are asking for donations is because it costs a lot of money to keep up the site. We have pretty steep server fees (as we need a bandwidth that can accommodate thousands online at once) and we also need money to pay our writers. We don't pay them a lot, but we pay out whatever we can afford. Our goal of the donor drive is always to try to make enough to just get those fees covered for the year. So far, thanks to some very appreciated donations, we're about halfway there! Hoping they keep on coming in!

It is truly a donation - as it is 100% optional. This is a free board, and we are committed to keeping it that way. If people enjoy the community, all of the free content we provide, and the board overall, we appreciate the donations.

Not a dumb question at all, thank you for asking. To clarify, GH is not a non-profit. The reason we are asking for donations is because it costs a lot of money to keep up the site. We have pretty steep server fees (as we need a bandwidth that can accommodate thousands online at once) and we also need money to pay our writers. We don't pay them a lot, but we pay out whatever we can afford. Our goal of the donor drive is always to try to make enough to just get those fees covered for the year. So far, thanks to some very appreciated donations, we're about halfway there! Hoping they keep on coming in!

It is truly a donation - as it is 100% optional. This is a free board, and we are committed to keeping it that way. If people enjoy the community, all of the free content we provide, and the board overall, we appreciate the donations.
Is it safe to assume all of the profit comes from ads?

Top Bottom