2011 GopherHole Donation Drive, Big Changes Coming to GH!

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Dear GopherHole Community,

Thank you all for another great year. Thanks to you we almost doubled our traffic in the past 12 months! We can't tell you how much we appreciate all of you.

We remain committed to preserving GopherHole as a 100% free board and continue to invest back into the site. We are able to do this through the generous donations of you all and we are so thankful for that. We are asking you to consider donating to GopherHole.com. You can either do this via our donation page where you can pay via PayPal or you can send us a check. If you would like to send us a check, please e-mail [email protected] and we will give you our address. Here is the page to donate:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=Donations

What your donations have helped pay for:
• Upgraded message boards
• Over 175 FREE recruiting articles since Chris Monter joined our staff
• SelectionSunday's incredible basketball analysis and insight
• JB Bauer's in-depth player and team analysis
• Nadine Babu's constant work
• Where are they Now? pieces
• Most excitingly, thanks to your generous donations, we will soon unveil a new GopherHole that we have been working tirelessly on behind the scenes for the past six months.

One new option this year - if anyone donates $100 or more, we will turn off the ads on the message boards for you for the year. This will speed up the page loading and you will be 100% ad free. Please note, we can only disable ads on the message boards, so you will continue to see ads while viewing the content portion of GopherHole. In order to view the message boards ad free you must:

• Log in, and remain logged into the message boards with the username you submitted when donating.

• If you currently do not have a username on the message boards, you must register for one first and remain logged in.

• If you were to Log Out or use a computer that you aren't signed in on, the ads will show. But if you donate $100 or more and are signed in, the GopherHole message boards will be ad free for you. You can also choose the automatic withdrawal option, which is only $8.33/month!

Thanks for your consideration and thanks for making GopherHole a fantastic place to share our passion for the U!

Sincerely,

GopherHole Staff

Gah I might have to think about this just for the ads! Ads are fine and necessary, but it would be awesome if we could get rid of the 'active' ones, like the mouse-over pop-up ones. Or any of them with audio for that matter. Nothing worse than browsing late at night with volume turned a little too high and getting blasted with some commercial.

Gah I might have to think about this just for the ads! Ads are fine and necessary, but it would be awesome if we could get rid of the 'active' ones, like the mouse-over pop-up ones. Or any of them with audio for that matter. Nothing worse than browsing late at night with volume turned a little too high and getting blasted with some commercial.

I could not agree more. We do have to have ads just to cover our costs...but I hate any ads on websites. I have them turned off, and I've never spent as much time on GH. It's really amazing - and I may be biased...but it's worth a few dollars a month.

We are cranking out a ton of content, and have more traffic than ever - it's also showing support to writers and for the site...if you enjoy the information and work put into it. If you can donate, we really do appreciate it!

Let's do what we can (myself included) and help the fine folks that run this site. Sometimes we all need a reminder that this gathering place for Gopher fans (and fans from other schools) needs our support. Whether you're a Gopher fan from the glass-is-half-full crowd or a Gopher fan from the glass-is-half-empty crowd, I think we all can agree we get a great deal of enjoyment from this site. Whatever you can donate, big or small, will help GH remain the best college message board around.

I am in for a donation to a well done product. If it means no ads, I commit an increase over last year, too. Thanks for the great efforts and upgrades over the last year.

Let's do what we can (myself included) and help the fine folks that run this site. Sometimes we all need a reminder that this gathering place for Gopher fans (and fans from other schools) needs our support. Whether you're a Gopher fan from the glass-is-half-full crowd or a Gopher fan from the glass-is-half-empty crowd, I think we all can agree we get a great deal of enjoyment from this site. Whatever you can donate, big or small, will help GH remain the best college message board around.

Thanks for your post - SS. If nothing else, people should be donating just to support your column, it's fantastic!

I am in for a donation to a well done product. If it means no ads, I commit an increase over last year, too. Thanks for the great efforts and upgrades over the last year.

You are just a great board member. Every year, year in and year out - you support the hole. Can't tell you how much we appreciate people like you.

I totally agree, SS. I just filled out my PayPal account information,with an increased donation to get rid of the ads..

Go Gophers!

Thanks for your post - SS. If nothing else, people should be donating just to support your column, it's fantastic!

You are just a great board member. Every year, year in and year out - you support the hole. Can't tell you how much we appreciate people like you.

Keep up the great work, Nadine! Lots of us that appreciate the effort!!!

I totally agree, SS. I just filled out my PayPal account information,with an increased donation to get rid of the ads..

Go Gophers!

Look at you, Dr. Don - you're not only my #1 stalker (a friendly one at that) but you're very generous too - thank you so much!

Keep up the great work, Nadine! Lots of us that appreciate the effort!!!

There's a whole team doing the great work, I'm just the one with the loudest mouth, but thank you!

Look at you, Dr. Don - you're not only my #1 stalker (a friendly one at that) but you're very generous too - thank you so much!

There's a whole team doing the great work, I'm just the one with the loudest mouth, but thank you!

GL...you are so kind with your respect for me. Thank you. :)

In classic reactionary gopherhole form, my first utterance was "what the hell!" ... Then ""wait a second, this looks really cool". Nice work guys.

I noticed that it has been a while since anyone posted to this thread. I hope that does not mean that everyone that will give something has given. If that is the case then I trust that Gopher Hole has achieved its financial goal. Other boards including Gophersports.com require paid membership. This board appears to get the greatest amount of participation. I am sure in part because it is free. Nothing is really free. Keep up the great work GopherHole staff.

Top Bottom