2010 recruit on the Gopher staff's radar - Chip Armelin

If a prospect is available this late, it usually means 1 of 2 things:

(1) It's a marginal high-major prospect who is holding out as long as possible to get a high-major offer; or

(2) The prospect has serious academic and/or off-court issues that even the big-time programs are likely to shy away from.

Good points. Teams like LSU and Ga Tech have recruited him all along so that makes (1) less likely.

That leaves (2) but I'd guess ACADEMICS (test score) over the other (off-court) stuff.

As I stated maybe 3 times, we have 3 sgs on the roster, and we are recruiting 3 for next year, don't say Oglesby is a pg, don't say Jesperson can't play wing, don't say Coleman will grow 5 inches and become a PF like his brother. Plain and simple, I know that we don't need a SG.

Oglesby is COMBO guard (PG and SG) but more likely to play PG in college. He's doing that (PG) for Iowa Barnstormers AAU team this spring.

Jesperson is a F. That's what he played at NBAPA Top 100 camp last week.

Coleman may be SG or WF. Hard to say to this point.

Armelin can also play SG and PG both.

Oglesby is COMBO guard (PG and SG) but more likely to play PG in college. He's doing that (PG) for Iowa Barnstormers AAU team this spring.

Jesperson is a F. That's what he played at NBAPA Top 100 camp last week.

Coleman may be SG or WF. Hard to say to this point.

Armelin can also play SG and PG both.

Is he playing SF or PF? Just curious because based on his size he seems like more of a SF.

Regarding the banking of scholarships, with everything that's gone on, the staff may feel that's pointless, they'll probably end up with 1-2 they're not currently expecting for 2011 anyway. Just a thought.

Regarding the banking of scholarships, with everything that's gone on, the staff may feel that's pointless, they'll probably end up with 1-2 they're not currently expecting for 2011 anyway. Just a thought.

I think you're wrong. I think we have a solid group of guys with their heads on straight now. The only scholly I see becoming availble is Trevor's, and that's before the season. Next year we should have 3 or 4 scholarships? Land Jesperson, Coleman, Oglesby, and a PF and our team is back in business. If Jesperson or Coleman commit elseware, we land Ross Travis who is a bigtime plan B.

Scholarships are year-by-year. Give the kid a free year of college and the chance to prove himself. They understand the situation and what's at stake.

Top Bottom