14-1 in last four minutes

Ever since Al got hurt I've been wondering why teams haven't pressed us. We have absolutely no answer for that.

The 14-1 happened when they pressed. If they would have pressed all night they would have won by 35.

Coaches are stubborn, must stay with their "system"

Because coaches are stubborn and if pressing isn't "their thing", if it isn't what they do on a regular basis, they won't do it until they absolutely have to (see Izzo's decision to finally press Gophers when Sparty's back was firmly against the wall at 47-40 with 4 minutes left).

Michigan absolutely should pressure our guards from the get-go on Saturday, but I'll bet you they won't because Beilein (a quality coach & tactician like Izzo) prefers the 1-3-1. They'll put serious heat on us only if they fall behind.

Weber at Illinois did it the right way. It wasn't the prettiest game by the Illini, but if I recall correctly the Illini applied a lot of pressure on Blake from the get-go. They made it as difficult as possible for Blake. That's what I'd do if I was playing the Gophers now. Since Al went down I'm sure glad most teams have chosen not to press us. It's the simplest way to beat us, and I say that with no direspect toward Blake. He's just not a true PG, as we all know

Top Bottom