$10 Tickets for Syracuse

Ski U Master

Reaction score
Via Twitter:
GopherSports: RELEASE: #Gophers launch "Fill Our House" promotion, $10 tickets for next week's Syracuse game http://bit.ly/O5SZLD (5 minutes ago from TweetDeck)

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091512aaa.html

To celebrate Gopher football's 3-0 start to the 2012 football season, University of Minnesota Athletics officials today announced a special $10 ticket promotion for the Saturday, Sept. 22, home football game vs. Syracuse.

The discounted price is part of a special "Fill Our House" promotion and applies to selected seats in TCF Bank Stadium for next Saturday's 7 p.m. kickoff against the Orange.

"We are thrilled with the team's fast start to the 2012 season and want to make sure that as many fans as possible can be there next week to share the excitement of Gopher football with us," said director of athletics Norwood Teague. "This is our only night game of the year and we want to make a statement in front of a national television audience on the Big Ten Network with a completely sold out TCF Bank Stadium. We are hoping that the community will help us support Coach Kill and the players by taking advantage of this great offer."

The special $10 tickets are available for purchase immediately on www.mygophersports.com. Fans may also purchase tickets in person at the Mariucci Arena box office or via phone at 612-624-8080 (toll free 1-800-U-GOPHER) starting Monday morning at 9 a.m. (CT).

Less than a month into the 2012 college football campaign, the Gophers have already equaled their win total from each of the last two seasons. A victory in its final non-conference game vs. Syracuse would put Minnesota in great shape to secure bowl eligibility as the Gophers head into Big Ten play.

Please sell this game out! Today's crowd made me sad.

attendance 44,921.

What's the guesstamits to the the actual in house.

There will be 8 of us there next week having my "life is over" party (a.k.a bachelor party)! I'm super excited, last night game I went to was the Michigan St. game on Halloween.

What would the price be if we weren't 3-0? $5?

M.

What would the price be if we weren't 3-0? $5?

I like the idea of selling out the game and getting more people to see the team but what about something that isn't a giant "fu" to season ticket holders who paid full price and have supported the team all along. First they offer the $25 meal deal for te first two games and now this. For those that support the team year in and out and they take their money and forget about them. No incentives or giveaways for them or discounts for them.

I like the idea of selling out the game and getting more people to see the team but what about something that isn't a giant "fu" to season ticket holders who paid full price and have supported the team all along. First they offer the $25 meal deal for te first two games and now this. For those that support the team year in and out and they take their money and forget about them. No incentives or giveaways for them or discounts for them.

1. I'm sure they are upperdeck, endzone seats. It's not like they're at the 50 yard line.
2. You could probably get tickets for that price off the street at game time if you wanted to anyways. There were tickets on stubhub for under $10 for the UNH and Western Michigan game. People who want to get their super cheap tickets will get them regardless of who is selling them.
3. Would you prefer 10,000 empty seats?

Geesh, we might be a bit sensitive if we take the school trying to get people into the stadium as a giant "FU". I knew as soon as I saw this on the scoreboard that someone on Gopher Hole would complain...

1. I'm sure they are upperdeck, endzone seats. It's not like they're at the 50 yard line.

Yup. I just finished ordering my tickets. They're really high up - some of the worst seats. But I'm not going to complain about the $10 price.

Geesh, we might be a bit sensite if we take the school trying to get people into the stadium as a giant "FU". I knew as soon as I seen this on the scoreboard that someone on Gopher Hole would complain...

saw.....................please

Oh no...GopherLady Babu is going to be pissed when she reads this thread!

Oops....seriously though? I can see why you have 7,835 posts if you correct everyone on a fan forum. I changed it for ya though.....you though...I wish you would have corrected my sensite (instead of sensitive)...stupid keyboard sucks.

Oops....seriously though? I can see why you have 7,835 posts if you correct everyone on a fan forum. I changed it for ya though.....you though...I wish you would have corrected my sensite (instead of sensitive)...stupid keyboard sucks.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but that one is a pet peave and I don't do it often.

Yup. I just finished ordering my tickets. They're really high up - some of the worst seats. But I'm not going to complain about the $10 price.

Really aren't any bad seats in there, and that isn't an exaggeration.

but what about something that isn't a giant "fu" to season ticket holders who paid full price and have supported the team all along.
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard (except for the previous time this sentiment was uttered)

Corporations use this type of marketing to promote getting new customers all the time while those of us who have been with them a long time get nothing. It's called marketing.

You're not sure, you're guessing. For tickets this year that I've purchased from the school (including all "additional" charges [which were $0 - free to print and no "handling", "processing" or any other charges]) the total has added up to $20 per ticket, cumulative, for the first three home games (i.e., an average of $6.67 per ticket, per game, due to special offers each game). I've had my pick of great seats: from 2nd row chairback on the sidelines of the lower bowl (at ~10 yard line) to row 1 of the upper deck, on the aisle.

Hard for someone to complain that ticket prices are keeping them from going to games. The special offers haven't all been limited to only the "cheap seats" in the upper deck corners.

You're not sure, you're guessing. For tickets this year that I've purchased from the school (including all "additional" charges [which were $0 - free to print and no "handling", "processing" or any other charges]) the total has added up to $20 per ticket, cumulative, for the first three home games (i.e., an average of $6.67 per ticket, per game, due to special offers each game). I've had my pick of great seats: from 2nd row chairback on the sidelines of the lower bowl (at ~10 yard line) to row 1 of the upper deck, on the aisle.

Hard for someone to complain that ticket prices are keeping them from going to games. The special offers haven't all been limited to only the "cheap seats" in the upper deck corners.

I went through the ticket buying screens just to see where they were, and the $10's were in Sec 235 (or 236) top row.

Bargains aplenty this year. But next year, the Nebraska, Iowa, and Wisconsin triumvirate will drive up the market value again.

$10 tickets are upper deck behind the student section. Still a great deal through the ticket office though.

This isn't anything new. They used to sell upper endzone tickets in the dome for $15 plus a hot dog and coke for years. This is basically the same thing. I'm glad they recognize and are marketing the 3-0 start and see the importance of getting that place rocking so we can be 4-0 heading into Iowa. This could be a special year so let's get the ball rolling now.

Really aren't any bad seats in there, and that isn't an exaggeration.

Yeah, I know. I guess I should have said that they were some of the cheapest seats. I've been in several places at TCF, and I've never thought I had a bad seat.

What a petty way to look at it. The University is trying to fill the stadium you cheapo & you should support them in their efforts. Don't you want the stadium FULL when we play on National TV with thousands of recruits watching? Don't you want the stadium rocking if you're gonna be at the game? Don't the players deserve a full crowd behind them as they go for 4-0? Sadly, this is what we have to do to build excitement right now. It's good business too, a loss leader. It gets people to the games who otherwise would not attend. Maybe they'll like watching our 3-0 squad playing in our PACKED on-campus, outdoor stadium? Maybe they'll come back & pay full price or buy season tickets if our team is fun to watch? Be a good sport & support getting the stadium packed without asking "what's in it for me?"

Top Bottom