10-2 tell me I’m wrong

How many games do gophers win excluding big ten title and/or bowl games

• 5 or fewer

Results are only viewable after voting.

Some guy

Reaction score
Ohio State - loss...but it’s certainly possible. Ohio state has lost 4 games in conference since 2012. They have lost 14 games in conference since 2004 and 5 of them game in 2011. Excluding 2011 they are averaging one conference loss every two years or so. They’re due. But loss. Close.

Miami (OH) - win by 14+

@Colorado - win by 7-10 - they’re the 4th best team in the pac 12 south...i

Bowling green - win by 14+

@Purdue - big game, we will know if we are a team looking for 6-6 or something bigger after this game. If we are 4-1 or 5-0 after this game we are on track for a huge year. This is a win by multiple scores. Blowout. 14+. The gophers enter the top 25.
Nebraska - win by 7-10...the beginning of the end of the frost era

Maryland - win by 14+ (I still think Maryland has the worst coach in FBS)

@ Northwestern - win by 7-10...their offense is awful in years without a QB...I couldn’t currently tell you who their QB is going to be

Illinois - W closer than the experts think...Illinois will be a lot like Rutgers was last year...finally sound and will sneak up on a few people.

@ Iowa - loss...I hope we win...but Iowa wins the west

@ Indiana - win by 7-10, Indiana comes down to earth next year and has at least 5 losses entering this game

Wisconsin - win to finish 2nd in west behind Iowa. Wisconsin won’t have the offense next year to contend in the west. Could finish 4th behind Iowa, Minnesota, and Northwestern

IF we have shored up the kicking game and the defense has made the strides we hope they have I could certainly see something very similar to what you have here playing out.

I see 8 wins, Losses to Ohio State, Iowa and two from this group: Nebraska, Colorado, Wisconsin or Northwestern.

Iowa is just so overrated lol. Petras is god awful and smith Marsette is gone. Graduated all of their good defensive players. People just don’t like to look past the surface. I’ll bet the house that if we are above 500. By the time we play them we will win

Ohio State - loss...but it’s certainly possible. Ohio state has lost 4 games in conference since 2012. They have lost 14 games in conference since 2004 and 5 of them game in 2011. Excluding 2011 they are averaging one conference loss every two years or so. They’re due. But loss. Close.

Miami (OH) - win by 14+

@Colorado - win by 7-10 - they’re the 4th best team in the pac 12 south...i

Bowling green - win by 14+

@Purdue - big game, we will know if we are a team looking for 6-6 or something bigger after this game. If we are 4-1 or 5-0 after this game we are on track for a huge year. This is a win by multiple scores. Blowout. 14+. The gophers enter the top 25.
Nebraska - win by 7-10...the beginning of the end of the frost era

Maryland - win by 14+ (I still think Maryland has the worst coach in FBS)

@ Northwestern - win by 7-10...their offense is awful in years without a QB...I couldn’t currently tell you who their QB is going to be

Illinois - W closer than the experts think...Illinois will be a lot like Rutgers was last year...finally sound and will sneak up on a few people.

@ Iowa - loss...I hope we win...but Iowa co-wins the west

@ Indiana - win by 7-10, Indiana comes down to earth next year and has at least 5 losses entering this game

Wisconsin - win to finish 2nd in west behind Iowa. Wisconsin won’t have the offense next year to contend in the west. Could finish 4th behind Iowa, Minnesota, and Northwestern
FIFW. Looks like another co-championship for PJ!

I think our offense has the potential to be best in the west and top 3 in the BIG. We all know that it is the defense is what wins the trophy. We also know it is all about winning down the stretch. Our defense will have to be better at the start and get better as we go. Wisconsin will still be a factor in the west and Iowa as well. We will know a lot after Colorado. Right now I say 7 wins but a healthy and improving defense could get us to 9.

I got 8-4 with losses to tOSU, Indiana, Iowa, and Wisky. If Indiana was a home game, I'd flip that one. Wisconsin always has a good defense and they get their RB returning after Covid. Iowa always replaces their defensive stars with more defensive stars.

I want to win the division this year. If not this year, when? Having said that, I went with 9 wins. Tough schedule with OSU and Indiana as crossovers (we finally play the Hoosiers -- just as they're getting good), and I'll believe we can beat Iowa and Wisconsin when it matters when I see it.

Iowa is just so overrated lol. Petras is god awful and smith Marsette is gone. Graduated all of their good defensive players. People just don’t like to look past the surface. I’ll bet the house that if we are above 500. By the time we play them we will win
Iowa lost a lot on D but they have a rep for back filling pretty effectively. I'd rather play them early in the season before the newbies have a chance to develop. They'll be pretty stout again by November.
Petras was pretty flaky last year, he can be rattled if the D puts some pressure on him.

8-4 with losses to tOSU, Iowa, Indiana (both would be Ws at home) and one of Wisconsin/Nebraska/Illinois. Purdue is gonna be down pretty good this year.

Have no clue how many wins this year due to variables. Looking forward to a great year though! On another note, depending upon the game, we'll perhaps see Mo and others running out the clock as much as possible if our defense is on the weaker side.

I don't see why not. The Gophers could be VERY good this year. I'd be very disappointed if we weren't in the BTW mix at the end of the season.

Iowa lost a lot on D but they have a rep for back filling pretty effectively. I'd rather play them early in the season before the newbies have a chance to develop. They'll be pretty stout again by November.
Petras was pretty flaky last year, he can be rattled if the D puts some pressure on him.

8-4 with losses to tOSU, Iowa, Indiana (both would be Ws at home) and one of Wisconsin/Nebraska/Illinois. Purdue is gonna be down pretty good this year.
As we saw last year at Maryland, any road game in the B1G will be a challenge.

Now for something positive... 24/7 has given a CB to Minnesota for the running back, Evans, out of Texas.

I'd be disappointed if we only beat Nebraska by 7-10. With their exodus of players and bad QB play with no backup, it should be a beat down.

What's the scoop on Iowa, seems like people are putting them as #2 in the Big Ten, what am I missing?
you remind me of someone...cant quite put my finger on it

If we lose to Colorado or Nebraska, we have issues
I agree. Easiest games should be Miami oh, bowling green, Illinois, Nebraska, Colorado, Purdue, and Maryland, in that order to me. Maybe Miami and BG reversed, haven’t researched them at all.

8-4

Loses to Ohio State, NW in a fluky way cuz they seem to have our number, Iowa, and the dreaded Badgers again... that kills me to say but past history dictates it until we prove that wrong.

you remind me of someone...cant quite put my finger on it
I know right.....I mean they claim to be someone else.....and to be fair, 77 posts in roughly 10 days is a slower pace than the old MPLS would post at. The old version probably hit close to 77 on a slow day :)

I don't like to predict losses and I am soooooooooo tired of losing to Ohio St. I say lets run the table like men. Or at least like Sir Robin in The Holy Grail.

It would be nice to win the division, but I'm at a point now where the only two games that really matter to me are IA and WI.

So, a 9-3 record with wins over IA and WI would be a great year in my book.

a 9-3 record with losses to IA and WI would leave me disappointed.

An Axe and a Pig beat four of kind in my book.

Bottom line - have to win at least one of the two rivalry games.

Wasn't Colorado ranked at the end of the year last year? I know nothing about their roster or turnover but chalking that one up as a W seems odd. Again, They could have graduated 22 starters for all I know though.

It would be nice to win the division, but I'm at a point now where the only two games that really matter to me are IA and WI.

Yep... for those of us with relatives/co workers that are fans of those two schools... having to defend PJ's record has been hard. I hope after this season, he can be 3-7 against them. Definitely not much to brag about, but improving.

Wasn't Colorado ranked at the end of the year last year? I know nothing about their roster or turnover but chalking that one up as a W seems odd. Again, They could have graduated 22 starters for all I know though.
PFF, referenced in another thread has Minnesota at 38 and Colorado at 59, I think.

I would tend to agree.

only exception to this rule is if we were 11-2 with a big ten title win because Iowa and Wisconsin finished 3rd or lower in the division and we won a two way tie with northwestern.

I do not think this team has the quality depth to win more than eight games.

Top Bottom