#1 player in the country might flip to Deion Sanders

Norvell better start hot next year or I think they'll both (Hunter and Prime) end up back at FSU.

Just got an extension
We'll see how that plays out. Part of the reason for the extension was the recruiting and it looks like they just lost their best recruit to the giant elephant in the room who just so happens to be their most famous alum.

Whoa. Unprecedented! As was stated earlier, they will both wind up at some P5 school, possibly Florida State before Hunter's eligibility is exhausted.

Also possibly a savvy PR play for Hunter too...this will now be a big spotlight decision and followed rather heavily by the media. He's already the #1 guy so it's not like he needs to get discovered by scouts.

sounds like he will be a no drama, nose to the grindstone kind of player the whole team rallies around

Prime time using his barstool sports connections, or fake news?

I would believe it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sanders and this kid at FSU before his collegiate career is finished.

I wonder how it works with NIL if the athlete is being offered money from a gambling organization. You would think there may be a conflict of interest but who knows...

I like it that he is shitting on FSU. Will it start a trend of quality prospects committing to HBCU's over P5? There has some of that for basketball IIRC.

Maybe NIL will get talented distributed out more. Yes the big boosters will pony up for guys, but even the smaller ones should be able to pony up for some big talent. Can the big boosters afford to continue to fill a whole roster like Bama has been doing?

I like it that he is shitting on FSU. Will it start a trend of quality prospects committing to HBCU's over P5? There has some of that for basketball IIRC.
The problem though is that I only hear about Deion and Jackson St, not sure it's helping any other HBCUs much.

I don’t think he can get any money from PENN Gaming because it is a gambling company and he is 18. Might be a loop hole with barstool and the docu series they film with coach prime at JSU. Might be Getting $$$ to appear in that.

Follow the money and go to a place that you possibly will not get challenged or grow. Will this kid reach his potential?

Maybe. He is also likely to get a ton of people following him. You have to remember that clicks = $. We live in an era where people like Logan Paul makes as much money as a movie star.

I think this money is probably more on the up and up than he would have made 10 years ago. I'm not saying it's right, but I am not sure if it takes major connections to land these deals.

According to an FSU insider (he's usually pretty good), he also made a ton of money other than the NIL deals.

Follow the money and go to a place that you possibly will not get challenged or grow. Will this kid reach his potential?
Jackson St did produce a pretty good RB some time back named Walter Payton. He did alright IIRC!

Seriously though, FCS schools are developing higher level talent more than they ever have right now. I'm not too concerned about his lack of development.

Big question with Deon is how long he stays. Once he goes I think a lot of the higher rated guys that committed there will follow.

One story said he has already interviewed for multiple power 5 jobs. So doesn't seem like he intends to spend a ton of time at Jackson State.

I would believe it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sanders and this kid at FSU before his collegiate career is finished.

I wonder how it works with NIL if the athlete is being offered money from a gambling organization. You would think there may be a conflict of interest but who knows...
Barstool already sponsors hundreds of athletes. Unless there is a penalty for giving some athletes more than they give other athletes…any issue with barstool participating in NIL should’ve already happened

A gambling organization paying money to a teenager. He is playing collage football. Nobody see's this as a danger to the integrity of the sport?

Top Bottom