’22 Woodbury (MN) LB Joey Gerlach commits to Minnesota | Gopherhole

Minnesota forum. You figure it out.

But, you're an Iowa fan wasting your time trolling on a Minnesota forum. So, it makes it hard to know for sure what you are talking about. Plus, the Iowa 2022 class is also missing some WOW factor, so it was hard to really know.

But, you're an Iowa fan wasting your time trolling on a Minnesota forum. So, it makes it hard to know for sure what you are talking about. Plus, the Iowa 2022 class is also missing some WOW factor, so it was hard to really know.
I'm guessing you're casting me as an Iowa fan based on that "Conference power ranking stuff" in October. The week after Iowa had beaten PSU and was at #2 in the country. At the time, it was justified.

And about that, it's kind of funny that fans here criticized Iowa for their schedule when the Gophs also avoided three of the East's best teams.

Now that you brought it up, I might have to go check out Iowa's commit list.

I'm guessing you're casting me as an Iowa fan based on that "Conference power ranking stuff" in October.

Nah, have no idea about October power ranking posting. It is fairly clear through your postings you are an Iowa guy.

the Gophs also avoided three of the East's best teams.

Minnesota did play the Big Ten East co-champ. Iowa didn't play any of the top three teams in the East.

I might have to go check out Iowa's commit list.

Iowa is ranked 49th nationally as we speak. Minnesota is 50th. Neither are wowing at this point.

Nah, have no idea about October power ranking posting. It is fairly clear through your postings you are an Iowa guy.

Minnesota did play the Big Ten East co-champ. Iowa didn't play any of the top three teams in the East.

Iowa is ranked 49th nationally as we speak. Minnesota is 50th. Neither are wowing at this point.
Just looked at both Rivals and 24/7 football commit lists.

Iowa has less commits... 11 vs 15, but has a higher average ranking. Based on those averages, Iowa would probably be 8-10 spots above the Gophs if they also had 15 commits.

But your point stands, not really much different if they're 39th or 49th.

BTW: Your reference to tOSU doesn't mean much, the Gophs lost to them. I could use the same argument and say "top 4" and Iowa beat PSU. You're picking nits to justify your weak argument.

BTW: Your reference to tOSU doesn't mean much, the Gophs lost to them. I could use the same argument and say "top 4" and Iowa beat PSU. You're picking nits to justify your weak argument.

I was never making any argument. I was responding to you saying we didn't play three of the top teams. There were three top teams in the Big Ten East - all will go to NY6 bowl games. One might even go to the playoffs.

PSU is going to Yankee Stadium or Nashville. To lump the Nittany Lions in with the other three is probably more of the picking nits.

Either way, we're mostly on the same page.

This Gerlach kid, who the thread is about, seems like an Iowa kind of guy. Out of the Jewell, Greenway, Morris, Angerer mold. Gophers should be hoping that's the case. It'll be interesting to see how his career evolves.

Top Bottom