Cam Christie is entering the Transfer Portal

I think he will end up going late first, early 2nd. Weak draft

Skipping the scrimmage usually indicates a top 40 landing spot

I think he will end up going late first, early 2nd. Weak draft

Skipping the scrimmage usually indicates a top 40 landing spot
Just went thru 7 NBA MOCK DRAFTS! Only 2 of the 7 had him being drafted! 2 OF THE MICKS LISTED THERE TOP 120 PLAYERS AND HE WAS NOT LISTED IN EITHER IF THEM! All you overrate him immensely, good shooter, physically weak and has not shown that he is willing defensively to put in the work needed to be a good defender!

Just went thru 7 NBA MOCK DRAFTS! Only 2 of the 7 had him being drafted! 2 OF THE MICKS LISTED THERE TOP 120 PLAYERS AND HE WAS NOT LISTED IN EITHER IF THEM! All you overrate him immensely, good shooter, physically weak and has not shown that he is willing defensively to put in the work needed to be a good defender!

What the hell mock drafts are you looking at?

The Ringer Mock Draft #38
ESPN Mock Draft #36
The Athletic Mock Draft#34
Yahoo Sports Mock Draft#33
Bleacher Report Mock Draft #44

I’ve heard he has a nice stroke. Sadly he couldn’t make it work while stall-balling against Missouri. Maybe he’ll get better in a year or two.

ESPN Mock Draft #36
I'm sure if you look hard enough it is possible to find mock drafts that don't list him on some obscure site where a dude in his basement is pretending to be a draft expert. :)

How so? Doesn’t really seem like they have to me? So I’m curious what you see.

I’ll summarize what I feel is the general opinion: So far it appears most think he’s a kid with a great shooting stroke. He can handle decent for a FR. His flaws are his D, driving ability, shot creation, and strength.

Feels like a rather general consensus, for both his draft supporters and those who feel like college is appropriate. I see the only argument being whether he’s ready/worthy of drafting - this year.
It just feels like some posters don't think the loss is all that big of a deal...and are doubtful of his future as a pro that is all. Before he went in the portal (and even when some thought he would still come back if he doesn't get drafted) it just seemed like people were more positive of him as a player.

I would bet money if he was going to be a Gopher next year we would hear a lot less about the deficiencies in his game ;)

Timberwolves did the Nuggets what all teams will do to the Gophers if the Gophers fail to utilize their roster depth.
The Twolves played fast with a deep bench and ran the Nuggets (who had no bench) ragged.
If CBJ uses a 6- or -7 man rotation, the Gophers will get run off the court by all good teams which use their superior depth with 8-, 9- or 10- man rotations.
For evidence, watch last night's Twolves game.

I know. I was saying in 30 years things will change. Saying Lenard went back is irrelevant. Sorry if you took it wrong.
Except it is not irrelevant since he was comparing then to now. And since when is comparing eras irrelevant anyways?

ESPN Mock Draft #36

MT's Draft of Players I Love! Its very prestigious!

It just feels like some posters don't think the loss is all that big of a deal...and are doubtful of his future as a pro that is all. Before he went in the portal (and even when some thought he would still come back if he doesn't get drafted) it just seemed like people were more positive of him as a player.

I would bet money if he was going to be a Gopher next year we would hear a lot less about the deficiencies in his game ;)
The bummer about losing Christie is what he could have become. That is the main downside to the G League being an option, a guy like Christie is not ready for the NBA yet but as opposed to developing in college he now has an alternative.

Timberwolves did the Nuggets what all teams will do to the Gophers if the Gophers fail to utilize their roster depth.
The Twolves played fast with a deep bench and ran the Nuggets (who had no bench) ragged.
If CBJ uses a 6- or -7 man rotation, the Gophers will get run off the court by all good teams which use their superior depth with 8-, 9- or 10- man rotations.
Actually the Twolves only used 8 players last night, but they maintained a fast pace which wore the bench-less Nuggets out.

Go look at the box scores from the Wolves/Nuggets series.

The bummer about losing Christie is what he could have become. That is the main downside to the G League being an option, a guy like Christie is not ready for the NBA yet but as opposed to developing in college he now has an alternative.
It's weird how hockey and hoops seem to be going in opposite directions in that. I remember the year Okposo left mid-season to go to Bridgeport (the Islanders AHL affiliate). At that time, if memory serves, the New York GM made some comments about wanting to get him in their minor league program because the college game wasn't as good developmentally and that seemed to be a shared sentiment around the league (that AHL hockey was a better place for prospects than college). But now, it seems like the trend is for guys to play college unless and until they are pretty sure they have a spot on the NHL roster, not in the system in the AHL.

As I type this, I realize a part of the dynamic might be that NHL teams can draft a player, I believe even have him at camp, and not sign him for a period of time but still retain the rights (like when Johnson was drafted first overall his senior year of high school, and then skated a year here before going to St Louis). Would be interesting to see what would happen if the NBA allowed teams to draft, not sign, but retain rights for a couple years.

Spot on!!! Wonderful post

Actually the Twolves only used 8 players last night, but they maintained a fast pace which wore the bench-less Nuggets out.
The overall point here is that you have to figure out what your differential advantage is in anything you do. There is no way that the starting lineup for the Gophers is going to be able to just go out and outscore most other Big Ten teams based on talent. However, if we have 10 guys that can play and play hard on defense, we can probably make up the difference. I don't think that the starting lineup for the Wolves is as good as the Nuggets in terms of scoring power. But we made them uncomfortable with our defense and won the series. We were going to get beat until we ramped up our defense in the third and fourth quarters.

Agreed. I see what you’re saying.

For me, I see Christie as a great freshman. That I expect to put in the work.

And If he puts in the work, should develop into a very fine player. Very great prop prospects.

I frel like in a different era his chances would actually improve in the pros.

18 yo can, and often do, get easily lost against grown men.

One develops a rep that is hard to shake. Methinks Christie, if he stayed, his trajectory, and resulting opportunities would be higher after his JR year.

Unfortunately, because of conditions of the Market, he will ultimately have a harder road to hoe, to become an impact player at the next level. He can do it, but will he also get the opportunity to showcase the work he puts in? In college there are ample opportunities. In the pros, that’s the limiting factor. So he has to weigh that, vs hedging for monetary reasons, all while keeping grounded financially, to actually reap rewards from those advantages.

Already notoriously hard for 21/22 years olds.

The overall point here is that you have to figure out what your differential advantage is in anything you do. There is no way that the starting lineup for the Gophers is going to be able to just go out and outscore most other Big Ten teams based on talent. However, if we have 10 guys that can play and play hard on defense, we can probably make up the difference. I don't think that the starting lineup for the Wolves is as good as the Nuggets in terms of scoring power. But we made them uncomfortable with our defense and won the series. We were going to get beat until we ramped up our defense in the third and fourth quarters.
The only thing I would add to the tough defense would be to play up-tempo HALF-COURT OFFENSE and emphasize transition offense as much as possible.

That showed the Nuggets bench was non- existent .
Both teams basically used a 6-7 player rotation except for emptying the benches at the end of the game in the blowouts.

As did the Nuggets. Wolves had 43 bench minutes, Nuggets had 34.

As did the Nuggets. Wolves had 43 bench minutes, Nuggets had 34.
The Wolves bench attempted 14 field goals.
The Nuggets bench attempted 4 field goals.
Naz defended Jokic in place of Towns/Gobert.
NAW defended Murray in place of Jaden.
I would say the Wolves used their roster depth much better than did the Nuggets.

Agreed. I see what you’re saying.

For me, I see Christie as a great freshman. That I expect to put in the work.

And If he puts in the work, should develop into a very fine player. Very great prop prospects.

I frel like in a different era his chances would actually improve in the pros.

18 yo can, and often do, get easily lost against grown men.

One develops a rep that is hard to shake. Methinks Christie, if he stayed, his trajectory, and resulting opportunities would be higher after his JR year.

Unfortunately, because of conditions of the Market, he will ultimately have a harder road to hoe, to become an impact player at the next level. He can do it, but will he also get the opportunity to showcase the work he puts in? In college there are ample opportunities. In the pros, everyone is after that showcase. In college there’s far less competition.

The Wolves bench attempted 14 field goals.
The Nuggets bench attempted 4 field goals.
Naz defended Jokic in place of Towns/Gobert.
NAW defended Murray in place of Jaden.
I would say the Wolves used their roster depth much better than did the Nuggets.
Per your post..."If CBJ uses a 6- or -7 man rotation, the Gophers will get run off the court". Wolves basically played 6-7.

Top Bottom