All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

When Ant hit the triple to put the Wolves up 10, I almost didn't believe it. I seriously said out loud, in a Kevin Harlan voice, "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?!?!" Not to mention Gobert's fadeaway, which might be the most unlikely field goal I've ever seen. I'm still not sure all of this has actually happened.
I almost punched the ceiling on that play.

Remember Malone was such a genius the other day when he got the T and the subsequent calls?
Jokic came out at 9:14 of the 2nd quarter with the score 30-19 Nuggets in the lead
Comes back in at 7:50 Nuggets up 33-22
That was it for resting him in spite of being up 20 points.

Remember Malone was such a genius the other day when he got the T and the subsequent calls?
Jokic came out at 9:14 of the 2nd quarter with the score 30-19 Nuggets in the lead
Comes back in at 7:50 Nuggets up 33-22
That was it for resting him in spite of being up 20 points.
Denver's goal this offseason is to fix their bench. It is brutal.

The Denver fans are sick of Porter Jr. who makes the max. They'd love to unload him.

I almost punched the ceiling on that play.
I almost punched the ceiling when we are completely taking over the game. I think we are up 5 and Ant goes in and gets destroyed on his arm for a foul. No call of course. I think Joker came back and hit a 3 right after that.

That was hideous to miss that.

Last edited:

No wonder Malone seemed extra salty.....you can hear the Timberwolves celebrating loudly from where they are holding the press conference. DIdn't think that through very well.

Same thing that Thibs did to the Knicks all season He isn't being given enough blame for riding his starters into the ground.

Ain’t gonna happen, seriously. Knicks fans are so grateful the be relevant again, that the mold is being made for Tibs statue.

Yes, that's what the post said. Seriously.

I never said, I disagree with you, did I?

I was attempting to relay the sentiments of Knicks fans, as I live in NYC and attempting to do it with a modicum of humor, per the statue comment.

I have no quarrel with you, my friend.

Last edited:

Huh? Irving has been on Dallas' roster the entire season.

Misunderstanding/communication on my end, my bad.

Irving was inactive for 3 of the 4 games.
Per his basketball reference page -

Washington and Gafford weren’t on their team for any of the 4 regular season games played, as they were acquired at the trade deadline; i conflated part is this comment with Irving inactivity 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

The state evidently bought bringyaass.com, and it now redirects you to exploreminnesota.com.

The world is a strange and wonderful place.

Looking at their roster, they have no chance at countering when we go big. Between Rudy/KAT/Naz, they're averaging 87.5min/game. Between Washington/Gafford/Lively, they're averaging 77.9 min/game. Kleber is out. Lively is a rookie going up against grown men. Do the Wolves go smaller to counter, or do they try and play bully ball? If the refs let them, I think you have to start with trying bully ball and live in the paint. They've going to have to sag down to help out against our big 3, hopefully leaving Ant with more open shots.

Players averaging more than 10min/game in the playoffs:

Captur33e.JPG

Captur55e.JPG

Attachments

• Captur33e.JPG
    Captur33e.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 0

Looking at their roster, they have no chance at countering when we go big. Between Rudy/KAT/Naz, they're averaging 87.5min/game. Between Washington/Gafford/Lively, they're averaging 77.9 min/game. Kleber is out. Lively is a rookie going up against grown men. Do the Wolves go smaller to counter, or do they try and play bully ball? If the refs let them, I think you have to start with trying bully ball and live in the paint. They've going to have to sag down to help out against our big 3, hopefully leaving Ant with more open shots.

Players averaging more than 10min/game in the playoffs:

View attachment 31492

View attachment 31491
I think the fact that Dallas has two legit bigs is their only chance to win the series. Gafford has played well against the Wolves in the past and Lively had a solid rookie season. If those two can hang with Rudy and Naz.... we could have a series on our hands.

I think our bench will (again) be a problem for Dallas. I don't see Hardaway or Green outplaying Naz and NAW.

Top Bottom