All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

He played very well in the second half, especially in the 4th quarter and you knew we were going to win, when he hit that turnaround with the clock expiring.

We have a better overall team and in the end that’s why won. Joker played 47 of 48 minutes.

We had six guys in double figures, including all five starters and the Nuggets had two; Joker and Murray.

The better TEAM won.

Last edited:

Joker doesn't mess around in post game press conferences.

He said we played 7 games. The better team won.

I do like his no non-sense approach.

Amazing, in-depth article by Ramona Shelburn on how Ant leads in public and private and built a relationship with KAT which seems to be fairly unique.
He leads with his heart and others follow.

Well worth time😃

So Dallas...seems like every time we played them this year they either sat Luka, Kyrie, or both. They've been super hot the last two months. They could run us into the ground. Jaden on Luka and Ant on Kyrie?

So Dallas...seems like every time we played them this year they either sat Luka, Kyrie, or both. They've been super hot the last two months. They could run us into the ground. Jaden on Luka and Ant on Kyrie?
They could run us into the ground, or they might have no answer for our size.

giphy.gif

Kyrie was only on their roster for one of the 4 games we played them in the regular season

Yep. We can have McDaniels, Ant, NAW, Kat and Naz take turns on him, but Jaden is going to be the main guy.
Might be the best Wolves defensive sequence I've ever seen (before this year when they made Murray throw a temper tantrum and a heat pack). Last year the Wolves had a 3-point lead in Dallas and Jaden on Luka, Ant on Kyrie and Dallas couldn't even get a shot off.

It was a privilege to have watched that game. I missed the first quarter finishing my yard work, but just riding that thing out through the comeback was one of the most fun and nerve-wracking experiences ever, and I lived through the 1997 Gopher basketball season, which was a meat grinder at times.

When Ant hit the triple to put the Wolves up 10, I almost didn't believe it. I seriously said out loud, in a Kevin Harlan voice, "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?!?!" Not to mention Gobert's fadeaway, which might be the most unlikely field goal I've ever seen. I'm still not sure all of this has actually happened.

Let's see. Going back to December, in the Western Conference, National voices told us to "watch out for the..":

Nuggets, Lakers, Warriors, Clippers, Suns, Pelicans and Kings. Those same voices often speculated on whether the Wolves or Mavericks would even be able to finish in the Top 6! Let alone get through the 1st Round of the playoffs.

Now they are both playing to go to the NBA Finals.

Just enjoy the ride. It's been a great one.

Not all superstars can take criticism.

• Edwards also lauded Finch for the role he has played in the Wolves’ success this season and this spring, per Amick. “It starts with our head coach — Coach Finch,” Edwards said. “He comes in every day, comes to work, gets there early. He’s thinking of ways to get me and KAT open looks. He’s thinking of ways to get Mike (Conley) and Rudy open looks. He’s thinking of ways to get Jaden involved. He’s trying to keep Naz (Reid) in it to get him involved. He’s just a great coach. And he don’t sugarcoat anything with anybody. If KAT’s f—in’ up, he’s going to get on KAT. If I’m f—in’ up, he’s going to get on me. If Rudy f—in’ up, he’s going to get on anybody that’s messing up throughout the game, and I think that’s what makes him the best coach in the NBA, to me.”

Have to give props to KAT for stepping up last night offensively and defensively

KAT was hilarious when they asked them in the presser, don’t you have to lose on the big stage first, before you can learn to advance -

“Damn, we been losing for last 20 years, how much more we got to lose?”

Last edited:

Top Bottom