Yuck.

Frink

Reaction score
Well, it's an exhibition and a lot of the mistakes can be chalked up to the Freshman getting a lot of time. That said, we made some real bonehead plays out there, especially guarding jump shooters. We gave up too many open looks and too often jumped out at the shooter, twice fouling 3 pt shooters.

Ralph was mentally checked out tonight.

I did like the physical play of Iverson and Mbakwe and the freshman did show some flashes.

I expect to see a much different team next time out. I can't imagine Tubby will not allow two such efforts in a row.

You have to give credit to WSU for coming in and playing with a ton of confidence.

Remember, last year Grand Valley State beat Michigan St and Syracuse lost a game to Belmont.

Also, #20 Tennessee just got shelled by 15 at home by DII Indianapolis tonight, and Indianapolis only shot 41% from the field(!)...the beginning of the year is a pretty rusty time for a lot of schools.

That said, we have to be better than we were tonight...but I think that goes without saying.

Yep, these types of games definitely happen and like I said, I expect Tubby will promptly correct a lot of the problems. Of course he can't magically turn Freshmen into Seniors. :D

Remember, last year Grand Valley State beat Michigan St and Syracuse lost a game to Belmont.

No time to check now.. but I thought GV State over Michigan was like 3 years ago.. and last year Syracuse lost to Le Moyne?? Your point is well taken though

Tennessee lost to a DII team tonight also in exhibition. Wish we didn't start with Wofford though. This team needs another tune up and a eligible Devoe Joseph.

I have been impressed with Austin and Mo, Chip somewhat, and Maverick has REALLY surprised me. He looks much better than was described by the reports on here and has looked confident and comfortable with the ball in his hands. His And-1 finish he had tonight was very solid. I don't know that he will ever be a starting big ten PG, or big ten PG at all for that matter, but in these two exhibition games I think he has looked pretty good.

"Well, it's an exhibition and a lot of the mistakes can be chalked up to the Freshman getting a lot of time"

The sad part was that most of the bad play was by the more experienced players tonight. Ralph, Colton, and Hoffarber did not play well tonight. The freshman did make some errors, which is expected. Ralph, Colton and Blake will have to improve if the Gophers expect to win Friday night.

Free throws

Did we miss 17, 18???

It looks like we're going to have the same old problem we've had before. We just do not have enough players who can score. Things could get ugly when Hoff is gone next year and if something happens to Devo.

More big yucks. Trevors FT form, Walkers hands and Colt still plays like he is 6'3 when he makes his "move'".

we need scoring from 15 feet.
when hoff stretches the D, there is a huge area between hoff and the low block..
can rodney or hollins knock down 15 footers?

More big yucks. Trevors FT form, Walkers hands and Colt still plays like he is 6'3 when he makes his "move'".

What was wrong with Mo's hands? Looked fine to me. He had a nice catch on a break (he failed on the layup badly tho due to where he was when he caught it) but I didn't see him drop many passes - no more than Ralph, Colt, or Trevor did anyways and Mo had the softest touch around the hoop of any of them.

What was wrong with Mo's hands? Looked fine to me. He had a nice catch on a break (he failed on the layup badly tho due to where he was when he caught it) but I didn't see him drop many passes - no more than Ralph, Colt, or Trevor did anyways and Mo had the softest touch around the hoop of any of them.

Mo started off very strong, I thought he had the best touch around the hoop once he had the ball in his posession. He did fumble some passes late in the game, but overall I thought he looked pretty good out there. Lots of potential.

Mo started off very strong, I thought he had the best touch around the hoop once he had the ball in his posession. He did fumble some passes late in the game, but overall I thought he looked pretty good out there. Lots of potential.

True. He did somewhat fall apart towards the end. I don't know if he was just tired or not used to the "pressure" situation. But he did fall off slightly towards the end of the game. I really like what I see from him though. Gets up and down the floor better than I expected and has a great touch around the hoop.

Unless we can exploit wofford's lack of size with Iverson and Trevor on the low block, I don't think we will win. I think this should be priority #1. They will bottle Hoffarber up unless we can get some inside points and force some help defense. I also think Rodney should post up whatever 6'3" guard they will have on him.

Top Bottom