Your life's on the line...you have to sing 3 songs without missing a word...what are your go to songs?

I tried this with Steve Miller Band's, Swingtown. Not very difficult if you can time jumping in with the "Oo oh oh oh oh oh oh oh" correctly.

I hate to give the Wisconsin Pep Band any credit, but I always like when they do this song.

Last edited:

I'm with Bleed with Regulators

Next two would be word for word if I was half $hit faced as they were sung too many times at the bars in college...

Piano Man - Billy Joel
Don't Stop Believing - Journey

I'm with Bleed with Regulators

Next two would be word for word if I was half $hit faced as they were sung too many times at the bars in college...

Piano Man - Billy Joel
Don't Stop Believing - Journey
I used to go to a bar in college where Piano Man would be played over and over on the juke. I got to a point where I hated it so much I would retaliate with When the Music's Over by the Doors. 11 minutes of hell for those who hate the Doors.

I used to go to a bar in college where Piano Man would be played over and over on the juke. I got to a point where I hated it so much I would retaliate with When the Music's Over by the Doors. 11 minutes of hell for those who hate the Doors.
That was you!? :mad:

The OCD in me has led to well over 100 attempts at this since the thread started. Only 2 were successful, No Reply/Beatles and Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town/Pearl Jam.

Actually, the title of the 2nd song is far more difficult to recite than the lyrics.

I discovered these three over the weekend:
Lawyers, Guns and Money - Warren Zevon
Talkin' Bear Mountain Picnic Massacre Blues - Bob Dylan
At the Zoo -- Simon & Garfunkel

I discovered these three over the weekend:
Lawyers, Guns and Money - Warren Zevon
Talkin' Bear Mountain Picnic Massacre Blues - Bob Dylan
At the Zoo -- Simon & Garfunkel

Props on the Zevon song, that would seem to rate high on the degree of difficulty. Plus it's really cool.

The Simon & Garfunkel song triggered another near miss, The 59th Street Bridge Song.

Last edited:

Props on the Zevon song, that would seem to rate high on the degree of difficulty. Plus it's really cool.

The Simon & Garfunkel song triggered another near miss, The 59th Street Bridge Song.
LG&M? Just about the easiest lyrics to memorize. Three little verses and a five-word chorus.

59th Street Bridge is a good one. Hello, Lamppost.

LG&M? Just about the easiest lyrics to memorize. Three little verses and a five-word chorus.

59th Street Bridge is a good one. Hello, Lamppost.

I guess you are right from a number of words/lines to memorize in LG&M. It seemed hard from actually memorizing the sequence of events in the story, plus not much rhyming.

I should have gone with this one from the get go, Eiffel Tower High by Husker Du. Stumbled into it yesterday after not listening it to it for a while.

This is easily my white whale in terms of songs I have never seen Bob Mould perform. Well over 40 shows...no dice. I now have a craving for a box of Junior Mints.

HBD
If I Fell
The first verse of the Star Spangled Banner

Jingle Bells---origin unknown to me
Mary had a little lamb--origin unknown to me
Closer--Nine Inch Nails

I’m an optimistic person but I’d need a v e r y benevolent executioner to stay alive.
Happy Birthday
Jingle Bells
The Star Spangled Banner
could get me by…I sing S O O very bad that I most likely get waved off unto the next song early enough needing just the first few lines of these songs. If, I’m lucky. Because I can’t sing I have no incentive to remember lyrics.

Warm seasons greetings to you all from menards. It’s oct 1. Here comes the 40 yr old menards holiday jingle.

The most obvious answer to this question woke up and slapped me in the face yesterday when it popped up on my playlist: You Gotta Fight (For Your Right to Party) by The Beastie Boys. I even listened a second time through to confirm that yes, I still can recite that song with ease.

Come to think of it, a good amount of Licensed to Ill would likely be able to be recited, although I don't think I'm going to be out and about singing along to Paul Revere anytime soon, for many good reasons.

I obviously didn’t give this enough thought at first; here is my revised list:
Brady Bunch theme song
Gilligan’s Island theme
WKRP in Cincinnati theme ...
And if I needed a 4th: Three’s Company theme

The Brady Bunch theme jumped into my head today and I haven’t watched that show in at least 25 years. That’s some impressive staying power! (And a bit depressing to think what useful info has been shed over the years to make room for TV theme songs)
Obviously u watch reruns on a regular basis

I want you-The Beatles
Seen your video- Replacements
Sheena is a punk rocker- Ramones (kinda wordy, but ya)

The Doobie Brothers "Black Water" popped up on the playlist today and while I couldn't sing the whole song, the last part of the song (I want to play song funky Dixieland. . .), well, I could nail those verses in my sleep. Maybe I could bargain to just have some fingers lopped off in this case.

Happy Birthday
Feliz Navidad

and

Wipe Out

Top Bottom