Your favorite ex-Gopher Coach turned Commentator

Who is your favorite ex-Gopher Coach Commentator?

• Lou "Granny" Holtz

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Glen "Smiley" Mason

Votes: 45 76.3%
  • Tim "Tremendous" Brewster

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
While we haven't won a B1G Title in 47 years, Minnesota has been a Sports Commentator Hot-Bed. We have the Big 3 trying to talk their way to victory:

1) Lou "Granny" Holtz
2) Glen "Smiley" Mason
3) Tim "Tremendous" Brewster

*You can vote for more than one.

Draino filled with tacks isn't an option?

The "Grinster" does a pretty good job. I would say the best on the BTN. They even re-styled his hair with the fluffed up look.

When he was doing radio color commentary, Jim Wacker

I enjoy Mason on BTN, pretty solid commentator. Brewster is the worst, cliche after cliche and little insight.

I thought Lou Holtz said he really didn't want to be associated with the university of Minnesota. Whenever his schools he coached at comes up rarely does Minnesota get a mention. Well it was only a cup of coffee here.

Bernie Bierman was the Old Gray Eagle and quite a commentator

1. Since when has Mase been called "Smiley"? Grinnin' Glen forever!

2. Who voted for Brew? Seriously? Do you like watching him on the sidelines for the "Big 12" Championship game...or are you just hungry...or starving??? ;)

Bud Wilkinson was a Gopher and a coach, and I'd much rather listen to his coverage of games this fall than either of those buffoons or Lou Holtz. Even if he has been dead for almost 20 years, he'd offer more substance than either of our two previous coaches.

D. I agree...Jim Dutcher.

I remember Jim W once on a Sun Bowl if I remember correctly. He did a good job too.

I have no problem with Glen. He does a good job. BTW...BTN was great on the PSU sanctions. Glen, Gerry, Rick, etc were excellent.

GM

1. Since when has Mase been called "Smiley"? Grinnin' Glen forever!

2. Who voted for Brew? Seriously? Do you like watching him on the sidelines for the "Big 12" Championship game...or are you just hungry...or starving??? ;)

Regarding Mase: You run in better circles than I do. We used Smiley - I prefer Grinnin' as well!

Who voted for Brew? Probably a few Wisconsin and Iowa Fans that frequent this board. They liked Brew because he made us suck. I watched him on the sidelines: my IQ dropped 15 points watching him.

Regarding Mase: You run in better circles than I do. We used Smiley - I prefer Grinnin' as well!

Who voted for Brew? Probably a few Wisconsin and Iowa Fans that frequent this board. They liked Brew because he made us suck. I watched him on the sidelines: my IQ dropped 15 points watching him.

THAT makes sense. Our opponents loved Brew.

Bremer was good before he became a company man for a certain local baseball franchise. His attempts to put positive spin on that putrid product makes him unlistenable these days.

I thought Lou Holtz said he really didn't want to be associated with the university of Minnesota. Whenever his schools he coached at comes up rarely does Minnesota get a mention. Well it was only a cup of coffee here.

I like to think of Lou as the Former NY Jets Head Coach".

Dutcher is much better then any of those three guys but Mason is getting better and better.

Top Bottom