Your coaching is showing...

TrapperDoo

Reaction score
in the fundamentals, I believe. This team seems more organized and harmonized on both sides of the ball. One of the commentators even mentioned the excellent fundamental play at O-line, which is difficult to to pick out when watching live. Also, not too many stupid penalties. Three for 23 yesterday I believe which is not too bad. All of this brick by brick stuff seems to be paying off. This is what it means to "Coach em up". Now start to add in some above average talent and imagine the results!

Agree. Even the turnover is an example of the coaching and execution by the players. Claeys called timeout and made a specific call (CB blitz) to force the issue. He stated they had not run that specific defensive play all game, but thought the time was right to try and make something happen. The player (Vereen) saw what was happening (a swing pass), reacted and did just enough to disrupt the play. Hill was the opportunistic one, playing to the whistle. Ballgame.

Endings like yesterday have often happened to us (and not in our favor). I cannot remember a game where we had the right guys in the right place at the right time to have the game swing in our favor. I firmly believe that coaching and focus on the fundamentals have us moving in the right direction.

In all the excitement of the fumble recovery and the win, the defensive play call and Vereens play haven't received enough credit.
Vereen was all over that play and forced the issue.
As Mike Max would say, "good job, Ben".

image-3975849506.jpg

Best coached team we've had since Holtz was here. Same pattern. Solid fundamentals and lays the lumber.

There's no panic, there's no "here we go again" attitudes when things go bad (probably different for us fans). Just lots of calmness and confidence, even when we go down 10-0 right away to Nebraska or when Indiana scores four straight TD's on us.

I think that is all a product of the coaching staff.

There's no panic, there's no "here we go again" attitudes when things go bad (probably different for us fans). Just lots of calmness and confidence, even when we go down 10-0 right away to Nebraska or when Indiana scores four straight TD's on us.

I think that is all a product of the coaching staff.

Right on, GII. On the other end of the spectrum we have geniuses here on GH with such limited knowledge and experience (me included) arguing semantics as to whether the last Indiana turnover was a fumble or muff. I love muffs, I hate fumbles!!!! :)

And this was the only way to get here. So many people want instant domination. That never happens. But with solid, dedicated coaching we are getting respect. With a winnable game next weekend it will prove that we are a program on the rise. I hope the recruits, especially our young local heros, are watching. You guys are going to want to be a part of this.

Top Bottom