I'll go:

IA
PSU
OSU

MI
WI

MN
IN
NE (Not as dead as many have thought or hoped)
MSU (Looking really good, but do we know if the teas they are beating are good?)
RU

MD
PU
IL
NW

Contenders
1 - PSU
2 - Iowa
3 - Ohio State
4 - Michigan
5 - Wisconsin
6 - Minnesota

Still Trying To Figure Out
7 - Michigan State
8 - Indiana
9 - Maryland
10 - Rutgers
11 - Purdue

Also Ran
12 - Nebraska
13 - Illinois
14 - Northwestern

Top 6 all have legit shots at winning their division. 7-11 are teams that could be dangerous but probably don't have a real shot at contending this season in their division. 12-14, better luck next year (I know Nebraska played ok today but that was their super bowl and they came up short).

This year at least I would say the East is significantly better than the west from top to bottom.

Ohio state
Penn state
Iowa
Michigan
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Michigan state
Maryland
Purdue
Indiana
Rutgers
Illinois
Nebraska
Northwestern

PSU
IOWA
OSU
UW
Minn
Mich
MSU
Indiana
Maryland
Purdue
Rutgers
Illinois
Neb
NW

Little surprised to see as many people as there are putting Ohio State in the #1 spot. We gave them all they could handle in week 1, Oregon beat them in week 2 and they struggled with Tulsa in Week 3. I still think OSU is a very good football team but PSU has been more impressive than them to this point, heck even Michigan has been more impressive.

Last edited:

Contenders
1 - PSU
2 - Iowa
3 - Ohio State
4 - Michigan
5 - Wisconsin
6 - Minnesota

Still Trying To Figure Out
7 - Michigan State
8 - Indiana
9 - Maryland
10 - Rutgers
11 - Purdue

Also Ran
12 - Nebraska
13 - Illinois
14 - Northwestern

Top 6 all have legit shots at winning their division. 7-11 are teams that could be dangerous but probably don't have a real shot at contending this season in their division. 12-14, better luck next year (I know Nebraska played ok today but that was their super bowl and they came up short).

This year at least I would say the East is significantly better than the west from top to bottom.
I like this way of ranking teams right now. I was struggling to form an opinion, but I think you nail it here. I'm not sure whether Iowa is better than OSU right now, for example. Same with Michigan. But I agree those 6 teams on top all have a legit chance of playing in Indy. The second tier has a chance, but it's much more slim.

I like this way of ranking teams right now. I was struggling to form an opinion, but I think you nail it here. I'm not sure whether Iowa is better than OSU right now, for example. Same with Michigan. But I agree those 6 teams on top all have a legit chance of playing in Indy. The second tier has a chance, but it's much more slim.
Yeah, IMO it is pretty tough to really gage how teams stack up against each other in the conference until you have more head to head matchups to look at. But I do think it is possible to get a sense of who the contenders are and who the also rans are going to be with a number of teams in the middle that could end up going either way.

Iowa - they had a let down after emotional win
PSU - right there with the Hawkeyes
OSU - It almost feels like this is too high.
Wisconsin - Michigan doesn’t pass them till they prove it.
Mich - Team khaki looking cleaned and pressed so far.
Gophers - defense shows like that consistently and this is too low!
MSU - Miami was a nice win. See if they can keep going.
Indiana - 2 tough losses to top ten teams.
Maryland - you know this won’t last right?
Purdue - without Bell this is probably too high.
Rutgers - doing what Bobby did last time he was there, win!
Nebraska - i got a feeling they spent all their energy on Saturday.
Illinois - BB ON THE HOT SEAT YET?
Northwestern - probably going to make me eat this post before the season is over.

I don't see why Penn St's home win over maybe top 25 Auburn gets them the nod over Ohio State's home loss to top 5 Oregon.

Iowa plays great within the state of Iowa, but they've only ever made the Big Ten champ game once in 2015 and lost that. They have a lot to prove still.

Michigan, don't know what to think about their three home wins so far.

Mich St, I think Miami FL and Nebraska are the two most stupidly, yearly overrated teams. So not sure on those three wins so far.

B1G West
1. Iowa
2. Wisconsin
3. Northwestern coach has a way of coaching his players up.
4. Minnesota could over take NW, will have to wait and see
5. Nebraska maybe a sleeper
6. Purdue
7. IF Illinois

Little surprised to see as many people as there are putting Ohio State in the #1 spot. We gave them all they could handle in week 1, Oregon beat them in week 2 and they struggled with Tulsa in Week 3. I still think OSU is a very good football team but PSU has been more impressive than them to this point, heck even Michigan has been more impressive.
Who is going to win the conference? If I had to bet, I’d bet Ohio state. So doesn’t that make them number 1?

B1G West
1. Iowa
2. Wisconsin
3. Northwestern coach has a way of coaching his players up.
4. Minnesota could over take NW, will have to wait and see
5. Nebraska maybe a sleeper
6. Purdue
7. IF Illinois
Lol at northwestern

They just lost to Duke. In football!
Duke had a moment there back in 2013. Won the division. Then got smoked by Florida St in the champ game and lost the Peach Bowl.

Couldn't sustain that momentum moving forward.

Never count out Pat Fitz's teams. Wait til the B1G season really starts with Nebraska.
This is his 15th season.
In the previous 14 seasons:
5 losing seasons
1 .500 season

he has losing seasons 1/3 of the time

When he doesn’t have a QB his team sucks. See when they had this same QB two years ago and went 3-9

This is his 15th season.
In the previous 14 seasons:
5 losing seasons
1 .500 season

he has losing seasons 1/3 of the time

When he doesn’t have a QB his team sucks. See when they had this same QB two years ago and went 3-9
Who would have thought NW would have winning seasons as they have in the last 14 years. I remember B1G schools drooling at the thought of playing NW.

Who would have thought NW would have winning seasons as they have in the last 14 years. I remember B1G schools drooling at the thought of playing NW.
You must be pretty old. NU has been solid for 25 years. That doesn’t mean I have to be afraid of them when they are dog shit

You must be pretty old. NU has been solid for 25 years. That doesn’t mean I have
You must be pretty old. NU has been solid for 25 years. That doesn’t mean I have to be afraid of them when they are dog shit

251981–1985Dennis Green10–45.182
261986–1991Francis Peay13–51–2.212
271992–1998Gary Barnett35–45–1.438
281999–2005Randy Walker37–46.446
292006–Pat Fitzgerald104–79.575

Not until Pat became coach did they start winning. Even under Green.

251981–1985Dennis Green10–45.182
261986–1991Francis Peay13–51–2.212
271992–1998Gary Barnett35–45–1.438
281999–2005Randy Walker37–46.446
292006–Pat Fitzgerald104–79.575

Not until Pat became coach did they start winning. Even under Green.
They won 2 big ten titles between 1994-2000

1994 was 27 years ago.
Anything before 1994 is irrelevant to my comment

And

What does any of that have to do with pat fitzgerald always having bad teams when he has bad QB’s?

They won 2 big ten titles between 1994-2000

1994 was 27 years ago.
Anything before 1994 is irrelevant to my comment

And

What does any of that have to do with pat fitzgerald always having bad teams when he has bad QB’s?
Tell me more than the current qb couldn't win 2 years ago.

Top Bottom