Your BT rankings after week 1

I think Michigan State and Minnesota are two teams that can really surprise people and be better than folks originally thought.
Michigan is a team that will ultimately disappoint, but they beat up the lower MAC teams.

Indiana and Northwestern surprised me by playing pretty bad to start the season.

Feel like it is too early to do any sort of 1-14 so I will put teams in tiers based on week 1.

Tier 1 - Best of the Best
Ohio State - don't think anyone is close to them right now in the Big Ten

Tier 2 - Division title contenders
Penn State
Michigan
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin

Tier 3 - Not sure what to make of them just yet
Indiana
Rutgers
Michigan State
Purdue
Maryland

Tier 4 - There's always next year
Northwestern
Illinois
Nebraska

Ohio St
Iowa
Penn State
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Michigan
Indiana
Michigan St
Rutgers
Maryland
Purdue
Northwestern
Illinois
Nebraska

Last edited:

Ohio state

Iowa
Penn state
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Michigan

Indiana
Purdue

Maryland
Rutgers
Michigan state
northwestern
illinois
Nebraska

Tier 1: in a class of their own, National Title Contenders
Ohio St

Tier 2: competing for the division (or runner up in the East)
Iowa: seem to have a solid all around team this year
Minnesota: can the defense make strides to compete with Iowa?
Penn State: defense looked solid, or is WI offense that bad? PSU offense looks like they will be limited
Michigan: looked ok beating up on a poor WMU team however lost their best offensive threat (Ronnie Bell) likely for the season; offense looks limited again this year and defense was giving up chunk plays
Wisconsin: the offense looked atrocious, the defense is as good as always

Tier 3: solid bowl teams
Michigan St: could they be a surprise team? wouldn't be shocked to see them take out one of PSU or Michigan this year
Rutgers: they're going to play some teams tough this year based on style and make you earn it against them; similar to MSU, wouldn't be shocked to see them catch one of PSU or Michigan
Maryland: this team will likely be bipolar through the year as they have been
Indiana: I would imagine Iowa is going to make multiple teams look like that this year, but the scariest part for Indiana fans has to be how easy Iowa made it look. Penix doesn't look the same so far (not surprsing)
Purdue: win over Oregon State is a nice start; we'll see once the rubber hits the road

Tier 4: will have to scrap to try get bowl eligible
Northwestern: this could be one of those long years that Fitz has from time to time
Illinois: this was the step back that I'm guessing we all expected
Nebraska: this is a bad football team; will be shocked if Frost is back next year

Top Bottom