Youngblood blog: Fisch very hard worker, Weber/Gray work well together in practice

The Kool-Aid he's drinking must be laced with something. Fisch is creative???? What?

That is phenomenal to read! Maybe this week is a moment when the light bulb goes off, and there develops a synergy of purpose among the players and coaches. I have hoped for this before, but reading a neutral fair minded writer like Youngblood write down these sentiments makes me extremely hopeful that this time it's more than just wishful thinking.

Thanks Bleed for the link. Interesting article, hopefully Fisch will continue to grow quickly as an OC.

Agree on the thanks for the link, Bleed. Too bad upchurch had to turn a columnists comments into a trash bag.

Go Gophers!

Youngblood

Youngblood has always been pretty level headed in his writting. I think his Gopher predictions this year he's like 7-1, so he tries not to be too much of a homer. If we win on Saturday that will show he's still level headed despite drinking huge amounts of kool-aid.

I think Fisch is too creative. Sometimes it seems we are trying to outwit our opponents too much when it would be more to our benefit to focus on getting fundamentals right. Hopefully he is now starting to realize our offensive limitations (the o-line) and gameplanning more around those deficiencies.

Interesting read... thanks. Youngblood has been pretty accurate with his writings this season.

I think Fisch is too creative. Sometimes it seems we are trying to outwit our opponents too much when it would be more to our benefit to focus on getting fundamentals right. Hopefully he is now starting to realize our offensive limitations (the o-line) and gameplanning more around those deficiencies.

I am sure Fisch, Brewster, etc have been well aware of our limitations prior to game 1. Having a weak OL makes game planning that much more difficult.

Everything comes down to execution and it would seem to me the chance of that happening is better running basic stuff. Especially when your QB has struggled and the back-up is inexperienced.

shotgun with a yd to go for 6 pts. was a stunner, but it's just a game.

Interesting read... thanks. Youngblood has been pretty accurate with his writings this season.
:clap:

Indeed he has been. Today in his blog chat Big Ten Blogger Adam Rittenberg took a question referencing the Youngblood piece. Rittenberg made a point of noting that Youngblood 'knows his stuff'. I believe this piece is something the Gopher faithful need to seize upon. This is the time of the season when teams either gut it out and play their best ball, or they fold up and die. Let's assume Mr. Youngblood is correct once again.

I think it's an inherent problem with bringing guys in from the Pro's. The think they can outsmart their way to victory. They all soon learn that they don't have the talent to pull off what they're trying to do and realize success is 99% dependent on basic execution and the rest on wit. We saw it in Brews first year. Fisch is suppose to be a wonder boy so I'm hoping he finds superior ways of developing our talent.

So i guess it's the long way of saying I agree.

Top Bottom