Young guys showing up so far

Ole

Reaction score
Just a thread of its own to young guys who are showing up on the field.
Kirksey and Edwards have been great in rotation so far. I also like what I see from Green and Stoudemire as receivers. A nod to Rallis, Cooper, Bryant Allen(even a fair catch is tough under pressure), Eskridge has been solid, Mcknight caught the onside kick to seal the game. Anyone I'm missing? Bottom line, Sophmores are starting to contribute bit by bit, not to mention the 2nd year Jucos.
Obviously we all want the highly touted freshmen to show up more, but it is good to see some plays being made by some of the recent recruits.

i think it's a good sign the freshmen have been hard to spot. The fact they aren't getting reps means there are better options in front of them. A very nice sign, and it allows for proper development and possible red shirts. All good.

Just a thread of its own to young guys who are showing up on the field.
Kirksey and Edwards have been great in rotation so far. I also like what I see from Green and Stoudemire as receivers. A nod to Rallis, Cooper, Bryant Allen(even a fair catch is tough under pressure), Eskridge has been solid, Mcknight caught the onside kick to seal the game. Anyone I'm missing? Bottom line, Sophmores are starting to contribute bit by bit, not to mention the 2nd year Jucos.
Obviously we all want the highly touted freshmen to show up more, but it is good to see some plays being made by some of the recent recruits.

Although i believe Rallis got beat at Syracuse, I love his play particularly on spec teams. Versatile kid.

have i missed something? has cooper done anything? serious question.

also i haven't seen much from dandridge, whaley, whilite, lair or tinsley. not because they haven't done anything, just haven't seen them make plays. these are all soph that NEED to get solid PT this year because they play positions where they will be needed next season (with the exception of maybe dandridge).

also i haven't seen much from dandridge, whaley, whilite, lair or tinsley. not because they haven't done anything, just haven't seen them make plays. these are all soph that NEED to get solid PT this year because they play positions where they will be needed next season (with the exception of maybe dandridge).

Nothing huge but he's had some snaps on D with a tackle or two. Also covering kicks.

If I remember correctly Whilite got to the QB against Syracuse for a sack.

My guess is we will continue to see more play from these younger guys as the season progresses. Especially if we are involved in some games that are not so close, that said hopefully we are ahead when they play.

How many of those that you mentioned are actually redshirt freshmen, not sophs?

Wilhite caused a holding penalty on AFA

Did you see this play? He was rushing into position as a defensive end (it seemed the defense was moving a lot before the snap). He never stopped moving as the ball was snapped and ran right between the offensive lineman - one of them tackled him to prevent a sack. FLAG ON THE PLAY! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Top Bottom