You need to drive - you have to drive.

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
The state has to let you drive. Don’t go with imitators. Go with the folks who designed the interlock system to get you back your right to drive. Shame on you Barreiro.

WTF? what the bleep is this referring to? some clarification, please?

as far as "the state has to let you drive" - driving is a privilege that can be taken away. Trust me - I had 2 DWI's. the last time I went to court, the Judge impounded my license plates.

Kfan radio ad. If you have a dui the state cannot take away your license.

WTF? what the bleep is this referring to? some clarification, please?

as far as "the state has to let you drive" - driving is a privilege that can be taken away. Trust me - I had 2 DWI's. the last time I went to court, the Judge impounded my license plates.
1621449553566.png

Would somebody finally invent the transporter machine already?

OK - found this online - Under the work permit provisions, I was allowed to drive to outpatient treatment after my 1st DWI.

A work permit in Minnesota, also referred to as a limited license, is a driver’s license with conditions for those individuals whose licenses have been suspended or revoked due to a DWI or DUI conviction or implied consent violation.

Eligibility for a limited license depends on several factors, such as your blood alcohol concentration and number of previous offenses. Only a driver who is presently employed or a full-time homemaker may qualify for a limited license.

Under the state’s DWI laws, the application for a limited license must be able to show that you are unable to ride-share or take a bus to and from your workplace.

Whether or not you will qualify for a limited license or work permit is also dependent on your current driving record.

In most instances, you will only be allowed to drive to and from work, to chemical dependency treatments, to college or postsecondary institution, or to provide for the medical, nutritional, or educational needs of your family.

There is also the option for an ignition interlock device. there is a really long list of conditions and stipulations that someone must meet to qualify for the interlock device.

Beginning with the late Ron Rosenbaum, KFAN's been running those ads for years. The current one with Friedberg must be at least four years old.

I thought this was going to be a discussion of how 75 years of American transportation policy have made car ownership a de facto requirement to survive. Guess I'm in the wrong place.

Top Bottom