You Make the Call: Who Should be the New Minnesota AD?

I want the Baylor AD. I think his name is Ian McCaw. Baylor was coming off that crazy basketball scandal and was pretty much irrelevant in football and basketball in the Big XII, now they've got a top 10 basketball team and a Heisman Trophy. Plus he's from the Northeast and went to college in Canada so you know he understands hockey culture.

That said, I think he's heavily involved in the Baptist Church, so probably wouldn't leave Baylor for a raise, a bigger budget and more conference stability.

I would prefer somebody with AD experience, granted that's what we got with Joel. Just think we're in too precarious of a position to take a risk.

I agree 100% Naters - the Baylor AD has an amazing list of accomplishments in the past year alone. His revenue generating sports have had incredible success at an otherwise downtrodden program. He'd be one of the first calls I'd make.

Go Gophers!!

To become Governor of the great state of Minnesota one does not need any qualifications, in fact the Governor can be one of the least qualified people ever suited to the job as long as they can get people to vote for them-- see Ventura, Jesse

For a first term before people know how they will handle the job, yes, but it's hard to get elected a second term without some type of competency. And yes, I realize he didn't get the majority of the vote in '06.

To become Governor of the great state of Minnesota one does not need any qualifications, in fact the Governor can be one of the least qualified people ever suited to the job as long as they can get people to vote for them-- see Ventura, Jesse

Same goes for becoming a Senator. See Franken, Alan.

We have plenty of candidates on this board who apparently have all the answers on what it takes to be a successful D-I AD. Prez Kaler should look at GopherHole before he looks anywhere else.
You've convinced me, I'll take the job.

We have plenty of candidates on this board who apparently have all the answers on what it takes to be a successful D-I AD. Prez Kaler should look at GopherHole before he looks anywhere else.
Yes he should read GH. Look what it's done for Tubby who now has: the right starting line-up, the right substitutions, timely timeouts, defense, scoring and wins! He sure didn't figure all that out by himself.

Reusse tweet: "Strong contender for Gophers AD job: Craig Thompson, commissioner of Mountain West Conf. U of M grad; long resume in college sports."

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom