You don't think our defense is improved? Seriously?

JPIIGopher

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned there is one stat that is imprortant when it comes to judging defense and that it points allowed! I don't care if an offense kicks our ass up one side and down the other, as long as we stiffen in the red zone or manage to get a turnover, mission accomplished! Of course we don't have a shut down defense, but how many college teams actually have one...maybe 6? Currently we rank 5th in conference and about 60th nationally in scoring defense at 23.3 ppg.

If we can stay at that number it would rank as the 2nd best scoring defense in 19 YEARS! Gross, but true. And this, of course, with an offense that is doing NO favors for the D.

It's hard to say how good we are with the TOP problems, but on thing is clear: D is not our biggest problem right now. I can't even entertain thoughts about the defense with the offense as anemic as it's been.

Offensive 3and outs magnify the defensive problems Gophers have

When your offense cannot convert first downs and punts constantly, and the defense get's little to no rest it is real difficult to tell where the real problem lies. I like that are defense can hold for field goals, but we lack the turnovers we seemed to be able to cause last year. Would like to see some more of that this year.

I agreed with u on the defense being alot better,but I would like to see more improvment on 3rd down, then they would be killer

Defense is much improved and look even more so if the O would hold the ball for just a while longer per game. Of course putting some points on the board would be good too. The defense barely has time to catch their breath and then is back out on the field due to a turnover or another three and out.

Top Bottom