You can't even make this up - Henry brothers may attend Kentucky

Reasons #1 - #50 why I try to ignore recruiting as much as possible until a player is enrolled.

After reading the article yesterday and now this one, it's pretty clear they would fit right in at Kentucky under Cal. What a joke, but it will be entertaining to watch the UK fans scramble to take back all the negative things they said about them.

wonder which two kids will now get run off by Cal in the middle of the summer to make room for the Henry's.

This is why I hate the "superstars"

They ruin what I love about College Basketball - playing for the school not for the NBA.

I'd rather Tubby get the top 50th player in the country then the best and have them love the U and him and stay for 4 years then go through this crap every year.

That being said - I still believe Harrison Barnes is an exception to this rule

After reading the article yesterday and now this one, it's pretty clear they would fit right in at Kentucky under Cal. What a joke, but it will be entertaining to watch the UK fans scramble to take back all the negative things they said about them.

wonder which two kids will now get run off by Cal in the middle of the summer to make room for the Henry's.

Liggins is the only one. The second Henry gets his college costs paid by NY Yankees (he signed out of MLB Draft with them).

The situation now in Kentucky reminds me of the movie Blue Chips, except what are the odds that Calipari will do what Nolte did at the end of the movie?

The situation now in Kentucky reminds me of the movie Blue Chips, except what are the odds that Calipari will do what Nolte did at the end of the movie?

Kentucky fans want to win. That's why they didn't want Tubby Smith (who averaged 26-8 at UK) and now have replaced him with John Calipari (who averages 26-8 for his career).

Tongue-in-cheek, of course. I like Calipari. I didn't like Gillispie. I did (and do) like Tubby Smith.

Bleed, I'm curious. . .

The board knows you have a lot of Kansas ties and connections. What's your take on Mr. Henry and his sons and what are your friends in the know saying about all this drama?

The board knows you have a lot of Kansas ties and connections. What's your take on Mr. Henry and his sons and what are your friends in the know saying about all this drama?

Most of the fans that I am friends with don't want the brothers as they feel they are a top 3 team and national title contender without them. The SID folks wouldn't mind if he went elsewhere as well as they think he'll be a year-long headache and may have a self-promoting parent hovering around.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. KU has Collins and Cole to provide leadership, but clearly the Henry's one-and-done mentality is much different than that of Cole and Collins and hopefully the guys come together early.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom