Yikes

He made a mistake. I hardly think the personal attacks are necessary. This is embarrassing. That Bleacher Report post was spot on.

Um you should check out the history of this particular individual. On two different occasions this season, said poster has questioned Gopher fans and their "intelligence" for picking the team to beat Butler and Ohio State. In fact, he predicted that the Gophers would get killed by Butler and said that we didn't have a chance against Ohio State at the Barn because "Ohio State is better man-for-man." On both occurences, the Gophers did win and then he magically disappeared. Now he's wrong for the third time and he gets called out and with good reason. It's nothing personal, but when somebody displays the level of arrogance this individual did earlier on only to be proven completely incorrect, they get grief for posting things like this. Believe me, this person's reputation has been well established during this basketball season.

I bet Bleed did it out of pure emotion -- maybe he was sorely disappointed with your posts?

Perhaps Bleed should show a bit more restraint, as he is one of the key GH'ers. After all, there have been quite a number of harsh reprimands for others for doing the same thing.

Perhaps Bleed should show a bit more restraint, as he is one of the key GH'ers. After all, there have been quite a number of harsh reprimands for others for doing the same thing.
Because he quoted what the guy originally posted? Getting a little nitpicky here...

After all, there have been quite a number of harsh reprimands for others for doing the same thing.
Who's been reprimanded for directly quoting another's post?

How many reprimands have been given -- what constitutes "quite a number?"

If this isn't proof of where this program stands, I don't know what is"
THIS is the line that makes it so funny - that something that didn't happen is proof of where our program stands. It is an decent example of irony:
Irony:1) a state of affairs or event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result. 2) a literary technique by which the full significance of a character's words are known to the audience or reader but unknown to the character.

BGF originally stated in OP: "This is being written off pure emotion, but I am sorely disappointed with the Golden Gophers. Overtime against an 0-9 team!? If this isn't proof of where this program stands, I don't know what is".

If this is not another of BGF's posts of his expert sarcasm, I have never read or understood sarcasm. But then again, I used to catch a lot of $hit before I retired.

pmgz

Someone has been reprimanded for quoting someone ?

Really?

Seems like a good lesson to me. If you don't want someone quoting some stupid thing you typed on a blog, don't type stupid stuff on a blog.

:)

haha...you're complaining about someone quoting you? Afraid its being seen as personal attacks? Check out your signature buddy...its a message board. My quote is living in infamy...I could really care less. Lighten up.

haha...you're complaining about someone quoting you? Afraid its being seen as personal attacks? Check out your signature buddy...its a message board. My quote is living in infamy...I could really care less. Lighten up.

hahaha purely ironic in reference to BGF

"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things." -George W. Bush, aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

Looks like BGF shares something in common with our last President.

Top Bottom