Yikes: Michigan State QB commit slams security guard to ground (video)

Actually Don, I read somewhere that isn't really that bad - it all depends on who started it and if you've been drinking.

And if the other guy started it by poking him in the back.

Actually Don, I read somewhere that isn't really that bad - it all depends on who started it and if you've been drinking.

If you could add to the conversation instead of how much I have been drinking, maybe, just maybe, your comment might have some credibility.

"I read somewhere" is really credible. :banghead:

If you could add to the conversation instead of how much I have been drinking, maybe, just maybe, your comment might have some credibility.

"I read somewhere" is really credible. :banghead:

Somewhere = Gopherhole. Wasn't meant to be a riddle. You're slowing down Dr.

Totally tasteless comment alert!

Read no further if you are a sensible human being.

NM. I thought better of myself and held back. If you only knew what lurks in this dark and sinister mind. Brewhahahaha.

Let me guess, he plans on majoring in "sports management". Another, "student-athlete".

Let me guess, he plans on majoring in "sports management". Another, "student-athlete".

Sport (not plural by the way) management is one of the fastest growing fields in the world and many who major in it (myself included) do so because it's what we love, not because we're looking for an easy grade. Why don't you fake your death again? This board would greatly benefit from the lack of your d0uchey comments.

Good sport management programs are not that much different than business programs as far as curriculum goes. A lot of the same classes are taken to complete both degrees.

CBS: Michigan State commit gets 60 days in jail for slamming security guard

According to the Detroit Free Press, the sentence will extend into Campbell's senior season at Detroit Cass Tech.

The 17-year-old must turn himself in July 28, which gives him time to complete summer school, then he will begin serving his time in the Wayne County Jail. Campbell has been credited for three days already spent in custody, said Wayne County Circuit Judge Timothy Kenny, who presides over the criminal division.

“Mr. Campbell's regrettable lack of self-control and his violent response to legitimate school authority has to be sanctioned,” Kenny said.

Campbell had been charged with assault with intent to do great bodily harm, a felony, and aggravated assault, a misdemeanor, after he slammed a 23-year-old security officer to the ground on Jan. 22 inside Cass Tech. Campbell pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor in a plea deal struck earlier this month, and the felony charge was dismissed.

Does anyone know if MSU is still planning to give this scum bag a scholarship?

Sport (not plural by the way) management is one of the fastest growing fields in the world and many who major in it (myself included) do so because it's what we love, not because we're looking for an easy grade. Why don't you fake your death again? This board would greatly benefit from the lack of your d0uchey comments.

I owe you an apology and am sorry for belittling the study of sport (not plural, got it) management. I now understand that it is one of the fastest growing fields in the world. After reading through the curriculum http://www.cehd.umn.edu/Kin/courses/SMGT.html I've come to the conclusion that it isn't just a bunch of easy grades, as "Sport in a Diverse Society" sounds quite intimidating. Clearly, the courses are just as rigorous and require the same level of intelligence as those found at Carlson or in IT, such as an advanced derivatives or organic chemistry course, respectively. Thank you for setting me straight.

On another note, the posted forum rules prohibit name calling and as a sport management major, I don't need to remind you of how important it is to follow rules.

I owe you an apology and am sorry for belittling the study of sport (not plural, got it) management. I now understand that it is one of the fastest growing fields in the world. After reading through the curriculum http://www.cehd.umn.edu/Kin/courses/SMGT.html I've come to the conclusion that it isn't just a bunch of easy grades, as "Sport in a Diverse Society" sounds quite intimidating. Clearly, the courses are just as rigorous and require the same level of intelligence as those found at Carlson or in IT, such as an advanced derivatives or organic chemistry course, respectively. Thank you for setting me straight.

On another note, the posted forum rules prohibit name calling and as a sport management major, I don't need to remind you of how important it is to follow rules.
Technically he didn't call you a name, he was talking about your comments, which they were.

Good sport management programs are not that much different than business programs as far as curriculum goes. A lot of the same classes are taken to complete both degrees.

You are exactly correct. A couple of recent U grads are currently in law school.

You are exactly correct. A couple of recent U grads are currently in law school.

Seriously? What percent of sport management majors go to law school? You found two, congratulations. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before sport management grads are running the country. Face it, it's a degree program for people to get and keep athletes eligible and for those who don't want to push themselves academically and intellectually.

I'd bet there's more sport management grads flipping burgers than practicing law.

Seriously? What percent of sport management majors go to law school? You found two, congratulations. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before sport management grads are running the country. Face it, it's a degree program for people to get and keep athletes eligible and for those who don't want to push themselves academically and intellectually.

I'd bet there's more sport management grads flipping burgers than practicing law.

Yeah you're right, I decided to major in sport management because I'm lazy. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I have loved sports ever since I was a little boy and always knew I wanted to make a living being involved. I obviously don't push myself at all, that's evident by the fact that I packed up everything I own and moved 1,200 miles from home to accept an internship where I work 60 hours a week to make $1,000 a month plus work another 40 hours a week at a gas station to pay for my meaningless degree. Why oh why didn't I pursue an engineering degree and be miserable with my life so that the intellectually superior kellyleeks would respect my degree.

c992ec1d4255.jpg

The US sports industry recently surpassed $50 Billion in revenue and is set to grow north of $67 billion in the next three years. There is exponential growth coming from this area and safe to assume new jobs are being created left and right to help capitalize on that growth. A much maligned NBA team recently sold for 2 BILLION dollars and I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't see the Lakers/Bulls/Celtics sell for well north of that number in the next 5 to 10 years.

Regardless of your pompous attitude and unfortunate stereotypes, its a degree worth pursuing if you have a passion for sports as there are more and more opportunities every day.

Just stumbled upon this. Never knew he was later arrested for assaulting his girlfriend in the hallway. Apparently it happened the day of or the day after he was released the first time. A lot like the Nelson situation.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...nding-new-mexico-military-institute/26716055/

Former Cass Tech quarterback Jayru Campbell hopes to play football next season at New Mexico Military Institute. He said on Twitter that he committed to the school and that more information is coming.

However, Cass Tech coach Thomas Wilcher said it is not a done deal.

"It is my understanding that is what he wants to do," Wilcher said. "All of the paper work has not been filed."

The US sports industry recently surpassed $50 Billion in revenue and is set to grow north of $67 billion in the next three years. There is exponential growth coming from this area and safe to assume new jobs are being created left and right to help capitalize on that growth. A much maligned NBA team recently sold for 2 BILLION dollars and I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't see the Lakers/Bulls/Celtics sell for well north of that number in the next 5 to 10 years.

Regardless of your pompous attitude and unfortunate stereotypes, its a degree worth pursuing if you have a passion for sports as there are more and more opportunities every day.
Like any degree, it is what you make it. You can be successful and have a great career and there are obviously places in the market where it is highly applicable, but you have to acknowledge it is a degree that has been a crutch for less academically gifted athletes. Not the only major to be used this way, but one of them.

Top Bottom