Xavier is not that good

GopherFish

Reaction score
Its frustrating to see us lose to a very beatable Xavier team. Nobody except Westbrook is playing well. Makes me wonder how good we could have been with Royce, Al and Trevor. Oh well, we need to get at least two of them back or next year we take a step back.

They may not be great, but they have a difference maker in Crawford.

If the game ended at halftime, I'd have agreed and said Westbrook played well. But, after what I've seen from him in the second half, it's hard to feel that way.

Its frustrating to see us lose to a very beatable Xavier team. Nobody except Westbrook is playing well. Makes me wonder how good we could have been with Royce, Al and Trevor. Oh well, we need to get at least two of them back or next year we take a step back.

Westbrook is not playing well in the 2nd half.

Yeah, Crawford looks good but they are beatable, we just can't seem to get the ball in the net...

wow, just sad. its the only way to describe this. ARGH!!

crawford by far better than anyone in a Gopher uniform!

Yeah that wide open miss by Westbrook which would've cut it to 4 was the nail in the coffin. Can't remember us ever shooting that bad considering the amount of open looks we got. When the perimeter shots weren't falling, we should've adjusted our game to driving to the hoop and getting to the foul line. Xavier kept going to the hoop in the 2nd half then the perimeter jumper followed. Oh well.

Xavier had one thing the Gophers do not, a consistent go-to player.

What was our shooting precentage in the 2nd half? Seems like we missed everything we put up.

If Xavier shot anything like they normally do, it wouldn't have been so close. I thought some little school from the A-10 had no business playing against the big bad Big-10. They had an off day, and still beat Minnesota.

Shooting over 50% in the second half. They normally do better? If you didn't notice, Minnesota did not shoot so hot either.

If Xavier shot anything like they normally do, it wouldn't have been so close. I thought some little school from the A-10 had no business playing against the big bad Big-10. They had an off day, and still beat Minnesota.

Wow. You were favored, you knucklehead.

They didn't shoot like normal because normally they don't have Iverson making them eat leather.

Best of luck to you, though. You guys were the better team today.

I was not too happy with the officiating either. Seemed like most close calls went to Xavier.

I was not too happy with the officiating either. Seemed like most close calls went to Xavier.

Already going there?

I agree with many on the board today - Crawford was the player we all hoped LW could be. But he was not.

There was not one single Gopher that played a good game today. Westbrook had a good first half and a brutal 2nd half. Colton had a good first half and didn't seem to be used much in the 2nd half. Nobody else did anything of note in either half.

Already going there?

I agree with many on the board today - Crawford was the player we all hoped LW could be. But he was not.

Don't get my statement wrong. Xavier played better today. I just think that the game should have been closer down the stretch. There were plenty of close calls during the game and the gophers did not get the benifit on a majority of them.

Minnesota had an off day, much worse than Xavier.

Gophers: 48% FG, 40% from 3 for the season

Today: 31% FG, 27% from 3

Xavier: 47% FG, 37% from 3 for the season

Today: 34% FG, 35% from 3

Seeing that the Gophers are a better shooting team all around on the year, they had a worse day than Xavier shooting the ball. If the Gophers would've had an average day of shooting, they would've won. Xavier was pretty close to their season average from range while the Gophers were terrible.

Yeah, Xavier, a 6 seed, was favored by 1 point. That's about as even as you get. I just get tired of people making comments on how "Xavier's not really that good". They trounced Florida on the road this year. They've now won 25 games this year and 106 in the last 4, to go along with 7 NCAA tournament wins in the last 4 years. There is a reason for that. Hell, X lost their top 3 scorers and their coach from last year's team.
I don't normally talk crap on another team's boards, but when people make comments like the topic of this thread, it ticks me off.

Yeah, Xavier, a 6 seed, was favored by 1 point. That's about as even as you get. I just get tired of people making comments on how "Xavier's not really that good". They trounced Florida on the road this year. They've now won 25 games this year and 106 in the last 4, to go along with 7 NCAA tournament wins in the last 4 years. There is a reason for that. Hell, X lost their top 3 scorers and their coach from last year's team.
I don't normally talk crap on another team's boards, but when people make comments like the topic of this thread, it ticks me off.

Nobody here thinks that Xavier isn't a good team. We just think it should have been closer. Both teams were a little off on their shooting, but Xavier turned it around in the second half and shot better than normal. The gophers couldn't put anything together. I think that if these two teams played a few more against each other this year, the series would be pretty close.

Sounds like you're dealing with some Little Man's Syndrome. Aside from, maybe, the first post, most have been pretty complimentary of Xavier and Crawford, in particular. Your earlier comment, "I thought some little school from the A-10 had no business playing against the big bad Big-10" ... where does that come from? You must be a little brother of someone who picked on you a lot.

The Gophers sucked today. We've seen a lot of that this year. Xavier was a better team today. I think just about everybody here agrees with that.

Jordan Crawford, as I said in a different post, was the est player on the court.

You could say that if Xavier shot like they normally did, they would have won by more, but at the same time if the Gophers shot like they normally did, the Gophers would have won. The Xavier boards weren't exactly brimming with respect for the Gophers, so don't be surprised if we aren't bowing and throwing rose petals at you feet.

Congratulations on the win, and good luck in your next game, btw.

Xavier made shots when they had opportunities -- We also had opportunities but didn't make shots. I see Xavier going at least to the Sweet 16 - maybe more. Nice team. Did not realize (before the game) that they had size to match our size. Good luck Xavier fans....

Florida isn't that good either.

Nobody thinks Xavier is a bad program at all, but this Xavier team isn't great. But neither are our gophers...

I just get tired of people making comments on how "Xavier's not really that good".

And I get tired of people from other teams coming on this board and complaining about lack of respect. The OP is always critical of the Gophers and belittling Xavier is his way of insulting the Gophers. His views don't represent the average Gopher fan, and most seem to have a positive opinion of Xavier. Besides that, it's a Gopher message board. I wouldn't go to a Xavier board to look for compliments about the Gophers, and I certainly wouldn't create an account to complain about it.

Top Bottom