WTF- rap song on FSN

GopherKISS

Reaction score
Nice rap song on FSN- Tim Brewster Show- in memory of 2009 Gopher FB. WTF? They were 6-6, but with video you'd think were 11-1 or 12-0

Nice rap song on FSN- Tim Brewster Show- in memory of 2009 Gopher FB. WTF? They were 6-6, but with video you'd think were 11-1 or 12-0

Lete me guess....they had plenty shots of Royston and Simmons taunting and waving their arms after an incomplete pass?

Yeah, they should show TD's against us, injuries to our players and turnovers. :rolleyes: You using worms or leeches in your trolling?

it was the song that st paul slim WROTE for the gophers.

Ah yes...the song that was written well before the season started and that St. Paul Slim has confirmed is a RECRUITING TOOL (which is pretty clear about the 2nd time you listen to the lyrics). But yes, lets take the song that the team plays before every practice and game because they love it and negative nelly it up a bit. Sheesh. I'm sure the best thing for Brew to do while facing the wolves would be to do a worse job recruiting. That's sure to solidify his job prospects. :rolleyes:

I need to follow my better judgement and stay off GHole until A) Brew is fired or B) the week before the bowl game. Its pretty clear that the general level of discussion here is going to be circling the drain for some time.

BTW, I loved the worms or leeches line Weddings. Classic! :)

you mean the one

Ah yes...the song that was written well before the season started and that St. Paul Slim has confirmed is a RECRUITING TOOL (which is pretty clear about the 2nd time you listen to the lyrics). But yes, lets take the song that the team plays before every practice and game because they love it and negative nelly it up a bit. Sheesh. I'm sure the best thing for Brew to do while facing the wolves would be to do a worse job recruiting. That's sure to solidify his job prospects. :rolleyes:

I need to follow my better judgement and stay off GHole until A) Brew is fired or B) the week before the bowl game. Its pretty clear that the general level of discussion here is going to be circling the drain for some time.

BTW, I loved the worms or leeches line Weddings. Classic! :)

Talking about crawling back into the locker room with the axe on their back at the beginning? Yeah, that's a great representation of Brewster's tenure as the HC at the University of Minnesota.

Talking about crawling back into the locker room with the axe on their back at the beginning? Yeah, that's a great representation of Brewster's tenure as the HC at the University of Minnesota.

Whatever criticisms you want to level at Brewster, his teams have fought tooth-and-nail every down against wisconsin.

Whatever criticisms you want to level at Brewster, his teams have fought tooth-and-nail every down against wisconsin.

And lost.

Two years ago in Madison because of poor coaching and a lack of a killer instinct, which was a real surprise to me at the time. This year we came back and should havewon but couldn't finish.

Define "killer instinct" and exactly how a coach instills it during the week...and prove that Brewster failed to instill this subjective construct.

Yeah, I think most team highlight videos should show clips from the Family Guy. How dare they show actual highlights in a highlight video! That's like Sportscenter showing sports clips! Outrageous!

Define "killer instinct" and exactly how a coach instills it during the week...and prove that Brewster failed to instill this subjective construct.

Less mythical than a coach needs to actually know how to coach, the concept of the Killer Instinct is a simple one -- when you have a team on the ropes, you don't let up, you put points on the board and do not let them back in the game. You finish strong and make sure you win. Our own Mr. Brewster talked a good game about this early on and actually demonstrated he had a set in year one.

A coach doesn't instill this during the week, he instills it every single day of the program.

A couple of examples of what the mythical "killer instinct" might mean to a football team:

When you have the Badgers beaten and dejected late in the first half. And you have the ball, the offense has been rolling, time outs to burn and good field position, you try to put those points on the board, not take a knee and be satisfied that you are winning in Madison so that the Badgers can regroup, and come out and kick your ass in the second half and prevent a Gopher win in Madison.

And when you are let back into the game by the Badgers in Minneapolis this year and you have all the momentum in the world and a chance to win the game with one defense stop, you don't fold up like an empty milk carton and let the Badgers seal the game because the tackling on the defense is worse this year than it was last year.

Thus two chances to actually come back into the locker room with the axe on their backs, vs. losing. 0-3 speaks for itself.

Obviously you are unfamiliar with this, if not universal, at least generally accepted terminology that is applied across a variety of sports. I can assure you, however, that is far more understood and has greater application than "Get your chili hot".

c'mon? we don't have enough negativity around here we have to start criticizing songs written about the program?

Top Bottom