WR Chris Briggs

Sometimes I feel a little bad for all of these small-time schools that have offered and have been recruiting a bunch of these fringe level guys...only for them to spurn them the minute a bigger offer (like the U of M) comes along. I guess it is the same situation as when we lose a guy to an OSU/USC etc., but it still doesn't feel great on either side of it.

Sometimes I feel a little bad for all of these small-time schools that have offered and have been recruiting a bunch of these fringe level guys...only for them to spurn them the minute a bigger offer (like the U of M) comes along. I guess it is the same situation as when we lose a guy to an OSU/USC etc., but it still doesn't feel great on either side of it.

Basically the same thing that happened with Tamani Carter. He was committed here, but the day Michigan called, he was gone

This kid looks impressive. Would be a huge deadline pickup by Kill.

Beating out Louisiana Lafayette and SOuthern Miss is "huge deadline pickup?"

My how standards have been lowered.

I like how you bypass that Pitt offer and go straight for the good ones lol

Well if you knew anything about the kid you would know he is only coming up here because LSU just told him they wouldn't be extending him an offer like he was lead to believe there was a good chance of happening. 5.6 guy who has performed well at camps and also has a Pitt offer. Lets also remember that he played behind 2 WRs last year who went to helmet schools, so this year was the first year he was the go to guy. 15 TDs his Sr year in a solid FB state like LA..... not too shabby.

Maybe you should STFU if you don't have much to add.

Basically the same thing that happened with Tamani Carter. He was committed here, but the day Michigan called, he was gone

Yeah, I was thinking about that. One difference there is that we didn't spend all year recruiting Tamani. I do feel bad sometimes when a school has spent a long time developing a relationship with a recruit, and a last second offer from a clearly more prestigious school sways them (us with Joe Bjorklund, e.g.)

3399 is Pantherhawk. His screenname is a reference to our record (his schtick), he is just trying to tone down his Pantherhawkisms because he is so obsessed with the Gophers that he doesn't want to get blocked. Rest assure, it is him.

3399 is Pantherhawk. His screenname is a reference to our record (his schtick), he is just trying to tone down his Pantherhawkisms because he is so obsessed with the Gophers that he doesn't want to get blocked. Rest assure, it is him.

As dp noted in a previous thread if I'm not mistaken, he registered in Aug 2010, so how could the name be related to our record? Doesn't mean it's not him, just saying I don't think that's what that means in this case.

As dp noted in a previous thread if I'm not mistaken, he registered in Aug 2010, so how could the name be related to our record? Doesn't mean it's not him, just saying I don't think that's what that means in this case.

Maybe PantherHawk is just a fortuitous guesser

Huge may be a bit of an overstatement. Okay more than a bit... He'd be another warm body that may or may not turn into a useful player. That I could agree with. He's another guy with little to no offers looking for a free ride come signing day. Good news for those sorts of kids is we're way short on players, so warm and can maybe help on special teams by senior year is good enough...

Being he hasnt mentioned Goofers or our dinky stadium in dinkytown or posted some stupid random link to some story about Mpls, I would say its not pantherhawk.

I think Pantherhawk is riding around in the Millenium Falcon and will return next summer after his vacation on Tatooine.

I think Pantherhawk is riding around in the Millenium Falcon and will return next summer after his vacation on Tatooine.

May the sand people capture and enslave him they deserve each other.:)

Panther Hawk adds every gopher recruit on facebook, didn't know he was on here in the "pre-KrisHumphries era"

here is an example of what he posts

2dqps1c.png

Southern Mississippi is nothing to knock. One could argue they are a better program than Minnesota right now. So having a USM offer is pretty nice as Fedora is a good coach.

Panther Hawk adds every gopher recruit on facebook, didn't know he was on here in the "pre-KrisHumphries era"

here is an example of what he posts

2dqps1c.png

It's been proven that he is mildy retarded so...there is nothing you can really do about it.

Ahh, well I guess I am probably wrong on the whole Pantherhawk thing. This guy really acts like him though (minus the obvious giveaways like rolling 15 smiley faces in a row, etc.).

Wow, are the coaches aware he is targeting recruits and doing this sh!t???

Why are we wasting our time with him. If he is pantherhawk the solution is simple - he should be banned.:pig:

I talked to Chris Briggs earlier today and will be posting a story on him later tonight. I was hoping to get itb typed up before the hoops game, but couldn't quite get it done.

Chris Monter

Thanks for the story Chris.

In my opinion this kid is priority #1. 6'4'' and 39'' vertical at the WR spot is something you can always use! Let him redshirt for a year and then he is the next Dajon.

Thanks Chris, my buddy said his uncle is Jake Reed (Vikings), did he mention anything about that, or does it sound like that is not true?

Top Bottom