Wow!!!!!!!!!

gopher7

Reaction score
Unreal. Where was the defense?!!

Not putting a man on the ball on the inbound makes no sense. Beilein is an idiot.

What happened?

Michigan was ahead by 2 with about 2.2 seconds left in the game. Ohio State inbounds it to Turner, Michigan plays basically no defense and is in the 1-3-1 on the other half of the court. Turner dribbles it to halfcourt and drains a 40 footer to win as time expires.

Wow is right, I need to find the clip! ET is a stud. Ricky Rubio and Evan Turner for the Wolves??

What happened?

Michigan was up by 2 with 2.2 secs left. They did not put a guy on Turner, so he was able to catch the inbounds with a running start and run up the floor unimpeded. He took the ball up clean, pulled up from about 40 feet and nailed the shot at the buzzer to win.

It looked like they started the clock a little late but whatever...you have to press against a guy like Turner. That was impressive.

Great Play; Not bad defense

He had a guy right in his face jumping and hit a 40 foot shot. That's not bad defense. Just a spectacular play.

Wow is right, I need to find the clip! ET is a stud. Ricky Rubio and Evan Turner for the Wolves??

Whatever likelihood there is that Turner plays for the Wolves, it's higher than that of Rubio doing the same.

He had a guy right in his face jumping and hit a 40 foot shot. That's not bad defense. Just a spectacular play.

Should have been more pressure on the inbound and a guy on Turner the whole way. That was terrible defense.

Horrible defense

That was pretty bad defense. If a guy was running with Turner, there's no way he gets that clean of a look.

Hahahaha!! And it had to be Ohio State, didn't it?

How's it going, maize and blue faithful?!?

These are the only folks having a worse couple years than Minnesota sports fans. Makes me smile inside.:) And outside.:D

Whatever likelihood there is that Turner plays for the Wolves, it's higher than that of Rubio doing the same.

The Wolves are more than likely getting the #2 pick and Wall is projected #1. Rubio will probably be a Knick. I would say Turner being a Wolf is almost a guarantee.

The Wolves are more than likely getting the #2 pick and Wall is projected #1. Rubio will probably be a Knick. I would say Turner being a Wolf is almost a guarantee.{/QUOTE]

Ever heard of the NBA Draft Lottery?

You "almost" guarantee Turner will be a Wolf yet the odds are the Wolves won't end up with the #2 pick.

You must not follow or understand the NBA Draft Lottery because there are absolutely no guarantees.

Should have been more pressure on the inbound and a guy on Turner the whole way. That was terrible defense.

Agreed. You can't just let Evan Turner catch it while running upcourt. Putting a defender on the ball would probably either cause someone to come back to the ball or force Ohio St. to attempt a heave inbound pass. What happened was exactly what Thad Matta was hoping for.

The Wolves are more than likely getting the #2 pick and Wall is projected #1. Rubio will probably be a Knick. I would say Turner being a Wolf is almost a guarantee.{/QUOTE]

Ever heard of the NBA Draft Lottery?

You "almost" guarantee Turner will be a Wolf yet the odds are the Wolves won't end up with the #2 pick.

You must not follow or understand the NBA Draft Lottery because there are absolutely no guarantees.

Yes, I understand the lottery. That's why I said more than likely.

Yes, I understand the lottery. That's why I said more than likely.

See, I don't think you do. That's the problem.

With the 2nd worst record in the league, the Wolves will have the following probabilities given how the ping-pong balls fall.

#1 pick: 19.9%
#2 pick: 18.8%
#3 pick: 17.1%
#4 pick: 31.9%
#5 pick: 12.3%

Given your assumption that John Wall will be the #1 pick while Evan Turner will be the #2 pick, you "almost guarantee" the Wolves will get Turner yet they have less than a 20% chance of having the #2 pick? See, I don't think you understand the lottery. Your guarantee statement is pretty out on the limb for someone that claims to know the lottery system.

Pewter already covered the absurdity of your "almost guarantee" of Turner becoming a T-Wolf.

Rubio has 0 chance of being dealt to the Knicks. They have no future 1st round picks nor any real substantive talent to offer us in return.

Pewter already covered the absurdity of your "almost guarantee" of Turner becoming a T-Wolf.

Rubio has 0 chance of being dealt to the Knicks. They have no future 1st round picks nor any real substantive talent to offer us in return.

Rubio, will not get traded for a lottery pick, no one will offer that. He wants to be in a major market and will continue to stay in Europe until he gets what he wants. The Wolves will have to settle for what they can get.

Which also means they have a 38.7% chance of getting a top 2 pick.

Are you serious? You've been completely boxed in. Give up. You said "more than likely" and "almost guarantee" in referring to Turner becoming a T-Wolf. Even with a less than 39% chance that the Wolves get a top 2 pick and assuming they'd pass on Wall for Turner if they ended up with the #1 pick, that's still far from a guarantee.

General rule of thumb for people on this board: be skeptical of someone that claims to understand something and then still won't give up the guarantee of how random ping-pong balls fall given a <39% chance of it working out with the assumption they would pass on Wall when they're cornered.

It's like giving a guarantee on heads/tails and you say tails yet heads is much more likely to happen given the probability of the event because the coin is weighted.

And I will stick with, they will more than likely get the pick, we'll just have to wait and see.

I timed evan turners catch and shoot on youtube 5 times. every time it read 2.3.....funny, if you're not a michigan fan.

Well, he has to leave first. I expect him to go, but if OSU doesn't go anywhere in the NCAA tourney, it wouldn't surprise me to see him come back - he enjoys being in college and he wants to be on a team that makes a deep run in the NCAA tourney.

Well, he has to leave first. I expect him to go, but if OSU doesn't go anywhere in the NCAA tourney, it wouldn't surprise me to see him come back - he enjoys being in college and he wants to be on a team that makes a deep run in the NCAA tourney.
Eh, he's dumb if he doesn't go. Guaranteed top 2 pick, you'd have to be insane...

Top Bottom