Wow, Tubby says Pastner broke NCAA rule in watching Trevor play

If only your fans could show the same amount of class that your coach does. I have always liked Tubby, think he is a breath of fresh air as far as the integrity of college coaches go. (i sincerely mean this)

And congrats to MN for being a clean program since day one. (This, of course, is sarcasm)

Good luck this year. What a recruiting class! Larry Kenon was one of my favorite college players ever. Hope you guys do great.

Not to pile on late, but Arizona was placed on probation today by the NCAA. The NCAA added penalties in addition to the self-imposed ones they placed on themselves last spring. Remember, Pastner was one of the assistants at the center of the entire AAU Tournament controversy. Pastner's dad was a longtime AAU coach and he understood the "loopholes" and thought he was okay floating in the grey area.

Again, with this as an additional backdrop, the NCAA may not look at Pastner's illegal visit to watch Trevor play as just some minor deal. When you factor in Paster's "brush with the NCAA" at Arizona that got the Wildcats placed on probation, the fact he's the head coach of a program currently on probation that has been instructed to be very careful, and the fact he's been around awhile and should know these things...then, I don't think this illegal visit to watch Mbakwe play can be shrugged off as "no big deal" by the NCAA.

Top Bottom